✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

That time I met Chris and Gwyneth after they almost ran me over in their car

notlost92

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a nice story that gave me a BIG SMILE on my face, and I am sure that meeting them put a BIG smile upon your face. :) Thanks for sharing, Zoe.

I am so happy, Zoe, that you got to meet Chris AND Gwyn and that they confirmed my picture of them as being some of the nicest and coolest people on earth. I :heart: the both of them.

CONGRATULATIONS and :vuvuzela: :vuvuzela:

So I didn't think I should post this in the Bakery thread because technically it didn't happen at the Bakery, but...

TODAY I MET CHRIS MARTIN AND GWYNETH PALTROW

How, you might ask? Well, they almost hit me with their car. Basically, I wanted to stop by the Bakery and pay my respects- I figured they wouldn't be there, but I'd always wanted to see it. As I was walking down the street following the map I'd printed out, I thought to myself, "hmmm, doesn't Chris live nearby?" And then I noticed one house with some pretty snazzy security. And then I heard a car start from behind the house's gate, and just as I'm about to walk in front of the driveway, CHRIS FUCKING MARTIN backs out. I stood there in complete shock as he pulled a u-turn and backed back into the driveway. So I was like "what the hell do I do, I can't just approach him at his house but I will regret this forever", when over the gate I saw Gwyneth walk out the front door and get into the car. I had just decided to keep walking to the Bakery so I was crossing the driveway again looking down at my map, and then there was Chris Martin aiming his car 2 feet from me.

So I thought "well I've already stopped them and I just can't walk away", but he was already rolling down his window and said "Can I help you?" and basically I just... I don't even remember. I walked up to the window and leaned down and was like "Oh god, I'm so sorry, I didn't know you lived here, I was on my way to the Bakery, but you're the person I've always wanted to meet most in the world and I can't believe this and I'm so sorry I'm outside your house, thank you for stopping". He was like "don't worry about it, it's my job!" and smiled at me, and then asked if I had something to sign. So I gave him the map and a pen and at this point Gwyneth leans around him and was like "hi!" and oh god it was Chris and Gwyneth. So then I told Chris that I'd seen them in concert 9 times and he was like "9?! Wow, thank you!" and asked my name and I told him and he spelled it out back to me and starting writing a whole message, and then I saw him look up at me and then started drawing a doodle of me.

Meanwhile Gwyneth was like "so what are you doing in London?" and I was like "oh I'm a Classicist, I live in Rome but I came here for the weekend to visit the Sherlock Holmes Museum and the Bakery" and they were both like "cool!" but Chris was still doodling away (I remember him looking up, nothing that I had glasses, and then adding them to the doodle). And I just kept apologizing and thanking them and then Gwyneth was like "do you have a phone or something for a picture?" and I gave her my camera and Chris was like "how do we take this picture, should I get out?" and I told him not to get out because I felt so badly already, so he just leaned back and I leaned forward and Gwyneth took the picture and they were both laughing and she said "this is the most awkward picture ever!"

Then Chris handed back my paper and said "I noticed you're wearing an Obama button" and I said "yeah I'm from DC, I was actually there when you played DC on Halloween right before the election" and he said "oh yeah!" and smiled. Then I apologized one more time and thanked them and Gwyneth waved and Chris was like "thanks for visiting!" and then as I walked away I called back "come back to America!!" and he shrugged and grinned and called back "we'll come back when we're invited, you know?" and then waved and drove away and OH. MY. GOD.

After that I basically don't remember anything, I know I stopped at the Bakery and I kept just repeating to myself "you just met Chris and Gwyneth, Gwyneth took your picture with Chris, that just happened". I ran to Starbucks to get some internet, and then I remember getting on the Tube, putting on my iPod, and BLASTING Strawberry Swing, Paradise, and Every Teardrop is a Waterfall. I just can't believe it. I really can't. All the years that I've dreamed about meeting him, this is NOT how I thought it would happen. But it did. This is all I've wanted for so many years, and I can't believe it finally happened. AHHHHH.

Photos:

tumblr_mcxlfb6aSa1r7a7wno1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mcxlfb6aSa1r7a7wno2_1280.jpg

You lucky,lucky thing well done,i bet you were buzzing for days,and weeks.

So I didn't think I should post this in the Bakery thread because technically it didn't happen at the Bakery, but...

TODAY I MET CHRIS MARTIN AND GWYNETH PALTROW

How, you might ask? Well, they almost hit me with their car. Basically, I wanted to stop by the Bakery and pay my respects- I figured they wouldn't be there, but I'd always wanted to see it. As I was walking down the street following the map I'd printed out, I thought to myself, "hmmm, doesn't Chris live nearby?" And then I noticed one house with some pretty snazzy security. And then I heard a car start from behind the house's gate, and just as I'm about to walk in front of the driveway, CHRIS FUCKING MARTIN backs out. I stood there in complete shock as he pulled a u-turn and backed back into the driveway. So I was like "what the hell do I do, I can't just approach him at his house but I will regret this forever", when over the gate I saw Gwyneth walk out the front door and get into the car. I had just decided to keep walking to the Bakery so I was crossing the driveway again looking down at my map, and then there was Chris Martin aiming his car 2 feet from me.

So I thought "well I've already stopped them and I just can't walk away", but he was already rolling down his window and said "Can I help you?" and basically I just... I don't even remember. I walked up to the window and leaned down and was like "Oh god, I'm so sorry, I didn't know you lived here, I was on my way to the Bakery, but you're the person I've always wanted to meet most in the world and I can't believe this and I'm so sorry I'm outside your house, thank you for stopping". He was like "don't worry about it, it's my job!" and smiled at me, and then asked if I had something to sign. So I gave him the map and a pen and at this point Gwyneth leans around him and was like "hi!" and oh god it was Chris and Gwyneth. So then I told Chris that I'd seen them in concert 9 times and he was like "9?! Wow, thank you!" and asked my name and I told him and he spelled it out back to me and starting writing a whole message, and then I saw him look up at me and then started drawing a doodle of me.

Meanwhile Gwyneth was like "so what are you doing in London?" and I was like "oh I'm a Classicist, I live in Rome but I came here for the weekend to visit the Sherlock Holmes Museum and the Bakery" and they were both like "cool!" but Chris was still doodling away (I remember him looking up, nothing that I had glasses, and then adding them to the doodle). And I just kept apologizing and thanking them and then Gwyneth was like "do you have a phone or something for a picture?" and I gave her my camera and Chris was like "how do we take this picture, should I get out?" and I told him not to get out because I felt so badly already, so he just leaned back and I leaned forward and Gwyneth took the picture and they were both laughing and she said "this is the most awkward picture ever!"

Then Chris handed back my paper and said "I noticed you're wearing an Obama button" and I said "yeah I'm from DC, I was actually there when you played DC on Halloween right before the election" and he said "oh yeah!" and smiled. Then I apologized one more time and thanked them and Gwyneth waved and Chris was like "thanks for visiting!" and then as I walked away I called back "come back to America!!" and he shrugged and grinned and called back "we'll come back when we're invited, you know?" and then waved and drove away and OH. MY. GOD.

After that I basically don't remember anything, I know I stopped at the Bakery and I kept just repeating to myself "you just met Chris and Gwyneth, Gwyneth took your picture with Chris, that just happened". I ran to Starbucks to get some internet, and then I remember getting on the Tube, putting on my iPod, and BLASTING Strawberry Swing, Paradise, and Every Teardrop is a Waterfall. I just can't believe it. I really can't. All the years that I've dreamed about meeting him, this is NOT how I thought it would happen. But it did. This is all I've wanted for so many years, and I can't believe it finally happened. AHHHHH.

Photos:

tumblr_mcxlfb6aSa1r7a7wno1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mcxlfb6aSa1r7a7wno2_1280.jpg

Where is The Bakery,by the way i doubt i'll ever see it but it would be nice?