✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Mylo Xyloto for Grammy 2013?

CdColdplay

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FAKE.

Hurts Like Heaven wasn't a big hit like Paradise was, so why song of the year? wow

Because it's a good song.

Since I love Coldplay I hope they get nominated and not completely shut out. My disappointment from Viva not winning Album of the Year still burns! It completely deserved it.

Because it's a good song.

Since I love Coldplay I hope they get nominated and not completely shut out. My disappointment from Viva not winning Album of the Year still burns! It completely deserved it.

:nod: giving MX album of the year would be a way of fixing what they messed up on 2009

This reminded me of Adele's 21 and it's endless collection of awards for what felt like 2 years. It wasn't that good.

Though I don't think that Album of the Year for MX is likely, anyway.

I'm sorry what?! yes it was THAT good! certainly a masterpiece which by the way people will still be listening to for many years

COLDPLAY

Album of the Year

Rock Album

Song of the Year/Record of the Year/Best Rock Performance: Hurts Like Heaven

Pop Duo Group: Princess of China (with Rihanna)

http://oceanup.com/2012/october/29/grammy-nominations-2013-official-entries

I'll die is HLH wins!!!:)

wish it was real. HLH is brilliant it could win all of those

:nod: giving MX album of the year would be a way of fixing what they messed up on 2009

I was infuriated when VLV didn't win album of the year for viva! how it went to robert plant and that woman is beyond me

I was infuriated when VLV didn't win album of the year for viva! how it went to robert plant and that woman is beyond me

The academy loves their female singers--case in point: Adele, Beyonce, Amy Winehouse, Norah Jones, Lauryn Hill, Bonnie Raitt. All of them had huge Grammy wins. I feel that woman with Robert Plant was another example of that, and the fact that Robert Plant had never won much (or anything, please correct me, guys) means that they had to win, as disapointing as it was. That's my theory.

Have you listened to that album? It's really good.

And while I love Vive, it's one my my favorite albums, it wasn't critically lauded. It was received well but not a real contender. You have to understand that sometimes your fandom doesn't win. And just because someone else's opinion is different than yours doesn't mean it's invalid. Or yours is invalid, for that matter.

Fan sites are so weird.

I predict 3 nominations for Coldplay this year even though I think 2 is more realistic

--Best Pop collab for POC (60% chance)

--Best Rock song for POC (if they enter POC in this category and I think they should, they'll definitely get nominated)

--Best Rock album (90% chance)

--AOTY (50% chance)

^ POC, ROCK SONG? No way, I think it will go for best pop, but no way on the rock category. The other seem pretty realistic for me

POC can be entered in both categories. There will be less competitions for them if their label enters it in the Rock categories.

I predict 3 nominations for Coldplay this year even though I think 2 is more realistic

--Best Pop collab for POC (60% chance)

--Best Rock song for POC (if they enter POC in this category and I think they should, they'll definitely get nominated)

--Best Rock album (90% chance)

--AOTY (50% chance)

1. Well, Princess of China is absolutely NOT a rock song, and could only possibly go in the Pop category.

2. Unfortunately, there is no Artist of the Year category at the Grammy's. There's a Best New Artist, but clearly Coldplay is not new. Sorry.

1. Well, Princess of China is absolutely NOT a rock song, and could only possibly go in the Pop category.

2. Unfortunately, there is no Artist of the Year category at the Grammy's. There's a Best New Artist, but clearly Coldplay is not new. Sorry.

Isn't "AOTY" Album of the Year?