✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Mylo Xyloto for Grammy 2013?

CdColdplay

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The academy loves their female singers--case in point: Adele, Beyonce, Amy Winehouse, Norah Jones, Lauryn Hill, Bonnie Raitt. All of them had huge Grammy wins. I feel that woman with Robert Plant was another example of that, and the fact that Robert Plant had never won much (or anything, please correct me, guys) means that they had to win, as disapointing as it was. That's my theory.

you're theory is conspiratorial but could be right!

Have you listened to that album? It's really good.

And while I love Vive, it's one my my favorite albums, it wasn't critically lauded. It was received well but not a real contender. You have to understand that sometimes your fandom doesn't win. And just because someone else's opinion is different than yours doesn't mean it's invalid. Or yours is invalid, for that matter.

Fan sites are so weird.

i have actually given that album a couple of listens and its pretty good. but its not better than viva and it has nothing to do with fandom as you may have noticed im one of the more critical fans on here

You're right, it should've gone to In Rainbows. :P

you're right i totally forgot about in rainbows :P

HLH deserves to win grammy

it should. only if they had released it as their first single with a proper animated video and the entire song (WITH jonny's part), it would have been so much better and got the praise it deserved.

1. Well, Princess of China is absolutely NOT a rock song, and could only possibly go in the Pop category.

2. Unfortunately, there is no Artist of the Year category at the Grammy's. There's a Best New Artist, but clearly Coldplay is not new. Sorry.

1. hmmm POC has elements of Pop music and Rock music. That's why I said it could be entered in both categories. Read the post again

2. AOTY, Album Of The Year.

Yeah, the Grammys love Coldplay, but we won't be seeing a Viva repeat. Not only did they get way less nominations this time, but their against some bigger momentum-movers. The Black Keys' momentum train has been ridiculously strong, Jack White got heaps of praise for Blunderbuss, Mumford's amid peak hype, and of course, The Boss has that whole legend factor. Coldplay may as well not even show up, especially with non-televised categories.

I think Coldplay's gonna lose by a very narrow margin to Muse for best rock album, just because they're Muse! and The 2nd Law critically more well received than Mylo Xyloto was. Personally, I want Muse to win! I love Mylo, but The 2nd Law is just brilliant.

As for best rock song, well... you have The Black Keys, Mumford and Suns and Bruce Springsteen all in one! I hate Mumford, but I love "We Take Care of Our Own", and I think that's the song that'll should win this category. the song practically deserves the win! Although you got to take in the account that The National Academy is almost as corrupt as the Academy of Motion Pictures, and "Charlie Brown" may well wind up as the winner.

I cant stand fun and shit sons, but I'm glad for the Black keys, Frank Ocean, and Jack White. I hope one of those three win it. I have a feeling its going to be Jack White. It pains me to see that Carley Ray is nominated with call me maybe, like wtf. I guess music really sucks now except for a few exceptions, btw Coldplay may win one but I doubt it, competition is stiff this year and a lot of albums were more critical acclaimed than Mylo, even though I liked it. Most of the times if you don't have the critics on your the side, then you can forget the trophy.

Can't believe Taylor Swift and Kelly Clarkson were nominated for Recording of The Year... I mean, come on, I've never seen such a weird nomination list, with the exception of Album of The Year all the important categories have at least one shit nominee. Payphone? Stronger? Don't think they have any chance of taking one this year.

Can't believe Taylor Swift and Kelly Clarkson were nominated for Recording of The Year... I mean, come on, I've never seen such a weird nomination list, with the exception of Album of The Year all the important categories have at least one shit nominee. Payphone? Stronger? Don't think they have any chance of taking one this year.

Actually Payphone (which I dont like) has been a strong contender for ROTY for a while now according to many magazines.

Just because you dont personally like a song doesnt mean it doesnt deserve to be nominated.