✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Mylo Xyloto for Grammy 2013?

CdColdplay

So, what do you guys think? Should Mylo Xyloto get any nominations, and if so how many (and specifics if you feel like including them). Here's what I would say:

Mylo Xyloto- Album of the Year/Best Rock Album

Charlie Brown- Best Rock Song/Performance

Princess of China- Best Pop Duo/Group Performance with Vocals

Don't Let It Break Your Heart- Best Hard Rock Performance (this one is an extreme long shot, if it can even be considered hard rock, but i do).

Again, what do you think? Answer the poll, and leave responses below!

And another quick thing, which I should've specified earlier: Paradise and Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall are ineligible, since they were released as singles beofre last year's September 30th cutoff date. Any other song can be nominated. Sorry!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ I think the Grammys like Coldplay but I'm much less optimistic, and I think the Grammys will nominate them in one category, but they probably won't win anything. (Obviously, I hope they will be nominated, several times would be awesome, and obviously I want them to win something, I just feel it's unlikely)

Uhh, I don't really follow the Grammys, but am I missing something here??

How can a 2011 album get awards in 2013?

I mean, I get it, the cut-off date. But if they promoted MX at the 2012 Grammys, surely 2013 is no longer an option?

I know they're still releasing singles, so their publicity and money that they've been racking in the past two years has been non-stop, but come on isn't this overkill.

This isn't Abbey fucking Road or whatever other album is universally adored and cherished, it's an average pop album, how is it so much in the spotlight for so long?

Hard rock is not gonna happen, sorry. Album of the Year and best pop song for Princess of China are the ones that are actually likely. To be honest, what I'd like to see is the Hurts Like Heaven music video winning, but yeah it was released too late. What a shame, it's pretty original and cool.

I mean, I get it, the cut-off date. But if they promoted MX at the 2012 Grammys, surely 2013 is no longer an option?

I know they're still releasing singles, so their publicity and money that they've been racking in the past two years has been non-stop, but come on isn't this overkill.

This isn't Abbey fucking Road or whatever other album is universally adored and cherished, it's an average pop album, how is it so much in the spotlight for so long?

Hard rock is not gonna happen, sorry. Album of the Year and best pop song for Princess of China are the ones that are actually likely. To be honest, what I'd like to see is the Hurts Like Heaven music video winning, but yeah it was released too late. What a shame, it's pretty original and cool.

The albuns released between October 2011 and October 2012 are up for the Grammys, Robert Plant won best album on 2009 with a 2007 album wich wasn't really THAT good, so it can happen

This reminded me of Adele's 21 and it's endless collection of awards for what felt like 2 years. It wasn't that good.

Though I don't think that Album of the Year for MX is likely, anyway.

Well, the date every year is September 30th. So, then any album/song released between October 1st, 2011 and September 30th, 2012 can be nominated. Mylo Xyloto falls in this category, since it was an October 24th release.

I think coldplayers a being too modest. MX is a great album, and I think its got a great chance to be nominated for best rock album. However, I don't think Charlie Brown did well enough commercially to be nominated. Its a long shot. Princess of China, unfortunately, has the best chance of any song to be nominated, which is sad cos it is the worst song on the LP.

ETIAW and Paradise are off the table if you didn't know... Or at least I think.