✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[31-Dec-2012] Coldplay @ Barclays Center, New York, NY, USA

Tash

don't know if these have been posted yet but there's decent quality videos on this website,

https://twitter.com/nowthisnews

thats their twitter account but idk how to embed the videos, the links are in their recent tweets :)

<iframe width="625" height="400" src="http://p.nowthisnews.com/entry/919/" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="625" height="400" src="http://p.nowthisnews.com/entry/920/" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="625" height="400" src="http://p.nowthisnews.com/entry/921/" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a great time last night. First time to Barclays Center, everyone working there was super nice, unbelievably nice. Plenty of cute restaurants & bars in the neighborhood. My sister and I were wearing our homemade MX decorated neon yellow shirts and ran into two groups of people in their own MX shirts walking around the upper concourse trying to run into a roadie to get upgraded. Not sure if they are on CP, but one group said they were from DC and got upgraded for Sunday's show. I don't think any of us had such luck last night. My seats weren't terrible, first row in section 226. I'll see if I could get my thoughts down for a review of the show, I'm not good at stuff like that. I do have to say I got sad when the crew was talking away all the Coldplay stuff off the stage for Jay Z's set. The people next to us felt otherwise, lol.

Here's some shots, my camera is not that good for upper levels.

This was in the concourse:

IMG_2586-001.JPG

Special Xylobands:

IMG_2672.JPG

HEY!!!! That was me you ran into (from DC) lol. I've met more Coldplayers than ever this weekend. Just amazing all around.

Also, I'm still wearing my wristband :D

HEY!!!! That was me you ran into (from DC) lol. I've met more Coldplayers than ever this weekend. Just amazing all around.

Also, I'm still wearing my wristband :D

OMG :awesome:

I DREAM to have one of those Xylobands... (sigh)

Would you agree to exchange me one of them to a RED or a GREEN "#COLDPLAYFILM" Xyloband ? :hug:

If yes, please feel free to get in touch by PM :heart: :blush:

Fingers crossed sooo hard... :love:

Was this concert more expensive than the others? I seem to recall reading about that...

If that's true, this concert maybe wasn't for the fans. I wanted to go (from the UK), I know I can't etc, but that ticket price just rubbed it in and I'm surprised how packed it was in there!

Ah well, back to MP3's

I read the prices were *very* high, but anyway you can't expect tickets for a concert with Coldplay AND Jay-Z, which are among the biggest acts in the world right now, to be of the same price as a regular Coldplay concert. But yeah I read it was really really high, and of course there are other and much more accurate explanations.

Was this concert more expensive than the others? I seem to recall reading about that...

If that's true, this concert maybe wasn't for the fans. I wanted to go (from the UK), I know I can't etc, but that ticket price just rubbed it in and I'm surprised how packed it was in there!

Ah well, back to MP3's

It wasn't too bad price-wise. My seats for $99 face and it came to $117 with the fees for the upper level. It was only a bit more expensive than the show on the 30th and you got two 1.5 hr sets and a dj for a half hour in the middle.

If there was one thing I would change, it was the obnoxious drunk hipsters who were wandering around like zombies preventing me from quickly getting to and from the bathroom on the upper level. And that guy with the warby parker glasses blocking the stairs with your "dancing", yeah, you weren't cool.

Elsewise, I had a ton of fun.

I have only stupid videos to show for all of it but it was much better live than anything my phone could create.

Also not sure if this was mentioned but the show didn't end until about 1:30am give or take a few minutes. I definitely got my monies worth out if it.

Agreed. It was expensive, but not entirely cost prohibitive. It did attract a lot of hipsters, as you said, who were just looking for something to do on NYE. Some were even smoking weed in my section (226) at the top, and talking/cursing loudly the entire time, which annoyed me quite a bit. Yet when you compare it to a bar or hotel party that would charge $100 cover for NYE, this was similarly priced. Essentially we paid for two full concerts and a DJ set back to back.

OMG :awesome:

I DREAM to have one of those Xylobands... (sigh)

Would you agree to exchange me one of them to a "RED #COLDPLAYFILM" Xyloband ? :hug:

If yes, please feel free to get in touch by PM :heart: :blush:

Fingers crossed sooo hard... :love:

I went around and collected a few extras after the show that were on the ground. PM sent :)

Agreed. It was expensive, but not entirely cost prohibitive. It did attract a lot of hipsters, as you said, who were just looking for something to do on NYE. Some were even smoking weed in my section (226) at the top, and talking/cursing loudly the entire time, which annoyed me quite a bit. Yet when you compare it to a bar or hotel party that would charge $100 cover for NYE, this was similarly priced. Essentially we paid for two full concerts and a DJ set back to back.

There was smoking in my section too but I expected it because it was also a Jay-Z concert and i've been to his shows before and people smoke but interestingly the smokers were the hipsters. Not too much cursing though. Definitely a drunker crowd but we really did get value for having NYE in NYC.

Despite all that I still had a blast at the show and I am sure some sections weren't as rowdy as ours were.

I was afraid to drink too much because I knew i'd be dancing and singing all night and I was afraid of dehydration. Water was my best friend at this and the blue marble concretion (concrete ice cream) of yummy goodness to keep my energy up.

There was smoking in my section too but I expected it because it was also a Jay-Z concert and i've been to his shows before and people smoke but interestingly the smokers were the hipsters. Not too much cursing though. Definitely a drunker crowd but we really did get value for having NYE in NYC.

Despite all that I still had a blast at the show and I am sure some sections weren't as rowdy as ours were.

I was afraid to drink too much because I knew i'd be dancing and singing all night and I was afraid of dehydration. Water was my best friend at this and the blue marble concretion (concrete ice cream) of yummy goodness to keep my energy up.

I spent more time at the water fountain after the show than I ever have at a fountain before. LOL

I went around and collected a few extras after the show that were on the ground. PM sent :)

OMG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU SO SO MUCH FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY :heart: :loveshower: :happy:

BTW : LUCKY YOU TO HAVE BEEN THERE :thumbsup:

WHAT AN INCREDIBLE NEW YEAR EVE YOU HAVE HAD :awesome:

I was surprised that there weren't more collaborative efforts been Jay and Coldplay. For example, Jay and Chris did a song together called "beach chair" and they didn't play it at the show. It really was two separate concerts. Correct me if I am wrong but they did more collaborative stuff for NYE 2010.

I was surprised that there weren't more collaborative efforts been Jay and Coldplay. For example, Jay and Chris did a song together called "beach chair" and they didn't play it at the show. It really was two separate concerts. Correct me if I am wrong but they did more collaborative stuff for NYE 2010.

In additional to the lack of collaboration, I was surprised there wasn't any guest stars also. Not sure if Jay Z had any during his recent run. Only 2.5 Jay Z songs with CM, Auld Lang Syne/Run this Town, Heart of the City. It really was like two concerts in one, took them like 30 mins to take apart the CP stage stuff and put together Jay Z's stuff. Jay Z barely used the runway and X stage. Funny to see them trying to clean off all the confetti for Jay Z's set. I was not impressed with that DJ set, it was like some mix for a Batmitvah.

Some smokers around us, not surprised. It could be worse, it could be a Phish concert. The couple next to us were bored out of their minds during CP's set, but they were nice people. The white kid next to that couple was really really into Jay Z, bobbing and dancing like a fan at a Pearl Jam concert. I can't guess if the crowd was more into CP or Jay Z. Seemed like more moving during Jay Z.

I think the most expensive show recently has been the Rolling Stones shows, a screen print was $300 (and it sucked). I was not impressed with the merchandise and didn't even bother checking out the prices. But seeing the prices now, they seem high. I didn't see any guys outside selling bootleg ones either.

I stuck my head into a champagne room while walking around, not sure if it was the one mentioned in the articles. There were a lot of champagne glasses set up, wouldn't have minded being there. It's not like Jay Z footed the bill for all the booze, I think he promotes both a champagne and a cognac now.

Nice to meet everyone too. We'll meet again in the next tour.

In additional to the lack of collaboration, I was surprised there wasn't any guest stars also. Not sure if Jay Z had any during his recent run. Only 2.5 Jay Z songs with CM, Auld Lang Syne/Run this Town, Heart of the City. It really was like two concerts in one, took them like 30 mins to take apart the CP stage stuff and put together Jay Z's stuff. Jay Z barely used the runway and X stage. Funny to see them trying to clean off all the confetti for Jay Z's set. I was not impressed with that DJ set, it was like some mix for a Batmitvah.

Some smokers around us, not surprised. It could be worse, it could be a Phish concert. The couple next to us were bored out of their minds during CP's set, but they were nice people. The white kid next to that couple was really really into Jay Z, bobbing and dancing like a fan at a Pearl Jam concert. I can't guess if the crowd was more into CP or Jay Z. Seemed like more moving during Jay Z.

I think the most expensive show recently has been the Rolling Stones shows, a screen print was $300 (and it sucked). I was not impressed with the merchandise and didn't even bother checking out the prices. But seeing the prices now, they seem high. I didn't see any guys outside selling bootleg ones either.

I stuck my head into a champagne room while walking around, not sure if it was the one mentioned in the articles. There were a lot of champagne glasses set up, wouldn't have minded being there. It's not like Jay Z footed the bill for all the booze, I think he promotes both a champagne and a cognac now.

Nice to meet everyone too. We'll meet again in the next tour.

+1. Crowd seemed much more into Jay-Z, except for a few of the sing-along songs like Fix You and VLV. Lack of collaboration disappointed me. I set my hopes too high after watching videos from NYE 2010.

... I was not impressed with that DJ set, it was like some mix for a Batmitvah.

Some smokers around us, not surprised. It could be worse, it could be a Phish concert. The couple next to us were bored out of their minds during CP's set, but they were nice people. The white kid next to that couple was really really into Jay Z, bobbing and dancing like a fan at a Pearl Jam concert. I can't guess if the crowd was more into CP or Jay Z. Seemed like more moving during Jay Z....... .

Apparently the DJ is a DJ to the stars and did the DNC convention. My sections was definitely more Coldplay fans. A lot of people were checking out during Jay's set.

From DJ Cassidy's Bio

Cassidy’s personal clientele quickly grew and now reads like a who’s who of renowned figures. That list includes President Barack Obama, Oprah Winfrey, Jay-Z, Beyonce, Jennifer Lopez, Kanye West, Kim Kardashian, Russell Simmons, Anna Wintour, Patricia Field, Tommy Hilfiger, LeBron James, Hugh Hefner, Tina Turner, Tyler Perry, Jermaine Dupri, Alicia Keys, Swizz Beatz, Nas, Mary J. Blige, Pharrell Williams, L.A. Reid, LL Cool J, and Naomi Campbell.

Performing for such an elite roster, Cassidy has deejayed some of the most major events of his time. These events include Oprah Winfrey’s New Years Eve celebration in South Africa to celebrate the opening of her Leadership Academy For Girls, Jay-Z and Beyonce’s New York home wedding, Naomi’s Campbell’s 36th birthday in Dubai and 40th birthday in Cannes, Jennifer Lopez’s wedding to Cris Judd and 40th birthday hosted by Marc Anthony, L.A. Reid’s fiftieth birthday in New York City, Tina Turner’s seventieth birthday in Zurich, Kim Kardashian’s wedding to Kris Humphries, The Black Eyed Peas’ Concert 4 NYC in front of 60,000 people on Central Park’s Great Lawn, Anna Wintour’s annual Met Gala after-parties, and a multitude of events for The President of the United States.

In 2009, DJ Cassidy was called on to perform for President Barack Obama. In addition to performing at the Inaugural Ball, Cassidy programmed music for all the evening’s festivities. Later that year, Cassidy deejayed the Democratic National Committee’s “Welcome Home To Chicago” event for The President. In 2011, Cassidy performed alongside Stevie Wonder at President Obama’s fiftieth birthday party in The White House. Then, in September 2012, Cassidy acted as the musical supervisor and one-man-house-band for the Democratic National Convention; he was the first deejay to ever take on those roles. During the President’s 2012 campaign, Barack Obama’s campaign office enlisted Cassidy to help create and lead DJs For Obama, a group of renowned deejays who would contribute to the re-election of The President.

In addition to his long list of celebrity clients, DJ Cassidy routinely performs for many fashion, music, and media companies including Louis Vuitton, Victoria’s Secret, Hugo Boss, Tory Burch, Nike, The Gap, Lacoste, Audemars Piguet, Lorraine Schwartz, MTV, BET, Sony, Warner Music Group, Universal Music Group, Beats By Dre, Sports Illustrated, and Vogue. Cassidy also performs regularly at the hottest nightclubs around the world from New York to Los Angeles, Miami to Las Vegas, St. Barths to St. Tropez, Paris to Sydney, Tokyo to Dubai.

http://www.djcassidy.com/bio/

Jay-Z leads Barclays bash

Jay-Z, Chris Martin and Coldplay rang in 2013 at Brooklyn’s Barclays Center. VIP guests included Christina Aguilera, Victor Cruz, Jake Gyllenhaal, Adrienne Bailon and Jessica White. In front of a packed house, the rapper and rocker toasted the New Year with the help of Martin’s wife, Gwyneth Paltrow, kids Apple and Moses, and singer Bridget Kelly. After the show came to an end with Jay-Z’s “Empire State of Mind,” the Nets part-owner and his friends hit the D’Usse Lounge backstage where they continued the celebration. Then Jay — without wife Beyoncé, who performed a private concert in Las Vegas — and Martin (sans Gwyneth, who took their kids home) headed to the 40/40 club in Manhattan where they were joined by Gyllenhaal, Michael K. Williams, Cruz and Kelly, who is Jay’s backup singer. The group plus more friends headed into a private room to down Ace of Spades champagne. A spy told us, “Partygoers in the club were snapping pics with their phones as Jay and Chris walked in the front door.”

jayz_wireimage--300x300.jpg

link

Check Out Highlights From Jay-Z & Coldplay’s New Year’s Eve 2013 Concert

By MVP

January 1, 2013

jz-600x397.jpg

Last night, Jiggaman got on his Frank Sinatra-ish to bring 2013 in style as he performed a special New Year’s Eve concert with Coldplay at Barclays Center. Along with Chris Martin’s wife Gwyneth Paltrow and their children in attendance, Christina Aguilera and One Direction’s Harry Styles were also in the place to be, to witness the first of many NYE’s concerts from Jay-Z & Coldplay.

“I came, I saw, I conquered” line from “Encore.” Afterward, he hinted that New Year’s Eve live in Brooklyn could become a tradition for him. “Our goal is to do this every year,” he said. “2014, you gonna rock with us?”

The sold-out crowd had arrived to Barclays Center in the borough, with the concert starting at 10pm, as Coldplay started the night performing a 15-song set. Jay would finally join the stage right before the ball dropped, going on to say,

“2012 was a major year for me, it was the birth of my beautiful daughter Blue, it was the birth of this building. Tonight I feel like I’m in the right place. I wish you the best 2013 possible. Peace and love.”

Then he gave the Brooklyn a non-stop 25-song set lasting until 1:30 in the am, to give fans their first great live show for 2013. Check after the jump to view some of performances from last nights show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKBcyZb-e84&

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DS34FiOl8c8&

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKoXIaVjhkg