✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

NOOOO00000oooooo00OOOOooo.

Cyan Kat

I've recently seen insensitivity towards transgender people, on the board, something I feel is actually serious (but not worthy of a banning in the early stages) yet Reilly get's banned for seemingly complaining about poor admin. And then Ainsley was banned too.

I don't think I'm anything special, but I've worked hard to try and make this place more interesting. Made threads such as the getting to know you one, tried to encourage harmony through the feminist and LGBT thread. I wanted so much for this to be a place I could feel happy within, but as the key posters drop like flies through the years (all seemingly disillusioned you'll notice), I just don't feel it's worth contributing any more.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've recently seen insensitivity towards the transgender on the board, something I feel is actually serious (but not worthy of a banning in the early stages) yet Reilly get's banned for seemingly complaining about poor admin. And then Ainsley was banned too.

I don't think I'm anything special, but I've worked hard to try and make this place more interesting. Made threads such as the getting to know you one, tried to encourage harmony through the feminist and LGBT thread. I wanted so much for this to be a place I could feel happy within, but as the key posters drop like flies through the years (all seemingly disillusioned you'll notice), I just don't feel it's worth contributing any more.

You're one of the most interesting posters on here, if not the most interesting. It would be sad to see you leave, I totally understand you though.

i have an unpopular opinion but I'm afraid to share it

edit:

I've recently seen insensitivity towards the transgender on the board, something I feel is actually serious (but not worthy of a banning in the early stages) yet Reilly get's banned for seemingly complaining about poor admin. And then Ainsley was banned too.

just fyi, it should be "insensitivity towards transgender people;" like you wouldn't say towards the black or asian or gay etc. thank you for that though :kiss:

i have an unpopular opinion but I'm afraid to share it

edit:

just fyi, it should be "insensitivity towards transgender people;" like you wouldn't say towards the black or asian or gay etc. thank you for that though :kiss:

All apologies. I was writing with haste.

Don't worry about unpopular opinions. Take the John Stuart Mill approach and share the ideas.

I too, am with Greg. I don't think it's a stretch to say Reilly was among the 2-3 most important figures on this forum (now and historically). I've frequented this forum for a very long time, spending many, many hours of my life on posts in a gesture of faith that my efforts would be rewarded. Too often it was reilly's wit and desire for meaningful discourse that kept me here.

I'm not questioning the Admin's authority or justification for banning Reilly (and I don't say this out of fear of being booked for dissent, for I genuinely don't give a fuck anymore), what I will say is that the friendliest, funniest, most intelligent, most entertaining, most authentic, and most enlightening people I have had the pleasure to meet...the people most devoted to engendering a meaningful, attention-worthy forum experience for others have consistently ended up on the ocean floor with their feet encapsulated in cement (added that for color).

There were periods of outrage in the past (no need to name names) for fear of things escalating, fear of the lifeblood of the lounge being sucked dry, but I find it impossible to be angry, because there's almost nothing left to salvage or to lose.

With all respect to the lovely people who remain here, and who I've known and enjoyed for as long as I've been on this forum, if I leave this forum, it won't be a sacrifice, or an act of protest, it will be because I honestly don't see the point. The forum's been dying for years, and just as I thought the bleeding had clotted, it suffers a stroke. This probably won't be my last post, but I'm putting my shoes on. I'll still be on tumblr and facebook. Thanks for all the fish.

I'm barely keeping up so bare with me. Sorry to see him banned but thanks Ian for the explanation.

Greg, you really do contribute a lot around here and I really hope you decide to stay. But I know how you feel. I left between VLV and MX with only the occasional visit due to infighting and friends either leaving or being banned. Days like this make me so sad.:(

THESE FEW DAYS HAVE BEEN THE HIGHEST NUMBER OF TIMES I'VE VISITED THE FORUM IN MONTHS AND REILLY IS GONE, AND A FEW OF THE OTHER MEMBERS WANT TO LEAVE AS WELL

It's not about whether I'm close to you guys or talk much on the forum but it's nice to return to the forum every once in a while and see a familiar poster because it somehow makes the forum more comfortable and homely? That there's a constant, and whenever I come back I realise that, hey he/she is still posting around here at least I know somebody.

But now... this forum is going to feel more and more, idk, alien, to me.

I might take a break until the new album, so not ages but a break. All the good users (entertaining ones) are either leaving or being banned. If Braddock leaves we will have no new interesting threads to post in. Reilly has already been banned and therefore no one will take the piss out of us or be sarcastic, or at least live up to his standards. Batman is no longer a mod, this doesn't change much but I'm mentioning it anyway :snobby:.

I might take a break until the new album, so not ages but a break. All the good users (entertaining ones) are either leaving or being banned. If Braddock leaves we will have no new interesting threads to post in. Reilly has already been banned and therefore no one will take the piss out of us or be sarcastic, or at least live up to his standards. Batman is no longer a mod, this doesn't change much but I'm mentioning it anyway :snobby:.

No Molly please stay

everyone's leaving and I understand why but :bigcry:

Oh, please don't! :cry:

I just read the forum rules and you should read this part:

f) Vulgar language and inappropriate content is not allowed and will be removed. Attempts to circumvent the word censoring of the community software also violate this guideline. Inappropriate content includes any confidential or potentially embarrassing information about yourself or anyone else. Posting someone else's confidential information may result in the removal of your posting privileges on this messageboard without notice.

g) Advertising, spamming and trolling (purposefully antagonizing other people) is not allowed. This includes using the forum, email, visitor messages, blog comments, picture comments and private message systems.

h) Creating threads or posts that question or reference administrative and moderating decisions or potential administrative and moderative decisions (inlcuding, but not restricted to, warnings, removal of posting privileges and bannings) are not permitted.

i) Freedom-of-speech rights do not extend to privately owned websites, such as this one. Membership and posting on the Coldplaying messageboard is a privilege, not a right.

So we can't question admin/mod decision, thing that reilly has done really often so I think that's the motive he got banned