✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

NOOOO00000oooooo00OOOOooo.

Cyan Kat

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey people, I don't think Reilly would want us all to leave just because he's banned now. He's not even dead, he just won't post on this page anymore. That doesn't mean that we can't have tinychat parties or something with him. Hopefully someone still has a contact with him. They should tell him this.

Yes, Reilly was one of the hearts of this board, one of the funniest and smartest people on here, also one of the reasons I kept coming back to this place in the past few years. And it's sure that he won't be forgotten. Why? Because we don't want him to be forgotten. As I said, someone should contact him so we can chat with him on tinychat or somewhere. Reilly has been here for 10 years. Almost since the very beginning of this board. I'm pretty sure that it will be hard for him to get used to not being able to post here and leave this place completely.

I wonder if he's reading our posts now. (If he even can do that now). Would he really like to see us all leave? Would he really like to be the one who killed this board (or at least the lounge) completely? Cause I don't think so. It may be hard to move one, but we'll do it. For Reilly. The one who died on a joke.

yeah does anyone have a contact for reilly? i dont wanna lose eddilly :(

i doubt i'll ever leave this forum i tried to a few months ago but i just end up coming here when im bored. reilly/braddock/etc were p much the only reason i felt like i needed to keep coming back though. most of the other amazing people ive met on this forum i can talk to on other websites, which i'd prefer..

but yeah i dont want this to be a negative post i've met some super cool people on this forum and it's crazy that i even still come here when i havent listened to coldplay properly since 2010 or something. s/o to everyone :cool3:

also i started talking to this canadian musician Ryan Hemsworth and we had a conversation about Briggins who he must know in real life!!

Ohno my intentions were totally negative, I was purposefully spamming this thread with Coldplay.

Ugh.

what are you getting shitty for

i'm pointing out that coldplay is of little relevance in the lounge, i'm sure those that are interested have the songs for themselves to listen to. it's been mentioned already by at least one person more privately that they felt your first post in this thread was a subtle dig at those who didn't listen to them. spamming the thread with coldplay songs makes it seem the actual issue at hand irrelevant or that people's feelings don't really matter, because COLDPLAY.

ETA: i don't think i'll be leaving anytime soon either, and also would like a contact with the folks considering leaving, you guys are cool people

ETA2: look i am sorry if my comments were rash and hurt you. i'm a bit upset by this actually and many other people are too.

what are you getting shitty for

i'm pointing out that coldplay is of little relevance in the lounge, i'm sure those that are interested have the songs for themselves to listen to. it's been mentioned already by at least one person more privately that they felt your first post in this thread was a subtle dig at those who didn't listen to them. spamming the thread with coldplay songs makes it seem the actual issue at hand irrelevant or that people's feelings don't really matter, because COLDPLAY.

Yes I'm getting shitty.

I don't interact with most people who post in this thread, yet I felt like people were really sad and I just felt like posting a genuinely calm, soothing song that I like, and it doesn't have anything to do with it being Coldplay. I'm sorry that I don't know the taste of all the people here, but you know as music fans, maybe you'd all like to hear a song like that. And sure, you can listen to the ones you like on your own, but I didn't think that Everything's not lost or Help is round the corner would hurt either. You don't even have to listen to those if you don't like that. It was just a genuine nice gesture from me, and getting that kind of remark does make me feel like shit. I don't try to get comments like "oh that's so nice" but I don't really accept getting that kind of remark I just got either.

And some people in this thread still like Coldplay, so that other post you were talking about, maybe some people could have been concerned by it.

I realise that I'm a new member, and I haven't even posted in this thread yet, but I think this whole conversation outlines the beauty of internet forums.

You can just walk away.

But the reality is that if coldplaying's biggest posters walk away then it'll leave a big mark on this entire website.

Some of you don't even like Coldplay anymore. But you've stayed here, on this fansite, but what for? Because you've made friends, and you've become part of the community.

Reilly is gone, and he's probably never coming back. Like Alien Radio said, he probably wouldn't want everyone to leave now that he's gone. And he may well be reading these words now and laughing at us for having such a big reaction to him being banned.

I realise this post is a bit off topic from the last few, but I just thought I'd get my views out there whether you want to hear them or not ;)

OK, so I'm dubious about pm'ing now, given I'll be pm'ing about something I may discuss, so I might as well post this is here instead of going down the normal route.

I know some boards have functions that allow you to delete all of the posts by a user (such as this place: http://www.proboards.com/forum-help-guide/delete-content-by-member). I presume this place is complex enough to do such things. Surely? And if not then do you think it may be an option in the near future?

^why are you interested in deleting posts??:$ I don't understand.

Even if I don't leave now, at some point in the future I will want this stuff gone (and i've been of that opinion for a while now). And I'd much rather not individually delete 12,000 posts or whatever I'll be up to. I am not comfortable with the idea of my children coming across these posts, or anybody else for that matter. I've discussed many things in detail, from sex, to drugs to specific things in my life (drip by drip). I just think it would be for the best.

Guest LiquidSky
Even if I don't leave now, at some point in the future I will want this stuff gone (and i've been of that opinion for a while now). And I'd much rather not individually delete 12,000 posts or whatever I'll be up to. I am not comfortable with the idea of my children coming across these posts, or anybody else for that matter. I've discussed many things in detail, from sex, to drugs to specific things in my life (drip by drip). I just think it would be for the best.

Ok?? I don't think that there's anything wrong with your posts to be honest and I don't know if you can "delete" your posts per say. Ian sometimes changes to other servers (to make the forum run faster) & some stuff does not work the same or does not give you the option for members to delete their stuff.

I see. Tash told me it wasn't possible (and I am in no way calling her a liar as I don't believe she is) but it just seems strange that the function isn't available. I was more raising the issue to find out whether it may be an option in the future. I know I saw Ian mention something about potential changes in the future in the thread where Batman wanted a banner for the chatbox (any news on her status and whether she will mod again?).

But I don't want to pm as I don't know the rules well enough. Nor do I know how I am perceived by those in charge, which I feel has as much to do with it. I'm not aiming this at any individuals as I have no idea what the situation is and the mods have all been nice when dealing with me. This whole situation is strange though.

Guest LiquidSky

I don't know if that will be an option in the future. Only Ian would be able to answer you on that as he is the one that can make those changes. If you already pm him about it then you'll just have to wait for him to get back to you. About Thalia (feels weird to call her Batman, hahaha) I believed Ian talked to her about her moderator status. I can't really say much other than she was notified about the reasons why she was removed from the team so you will just have to ask her. I know that's not much of an answer. I'm sorry>.< if you do ask her, make sure y'all talk about that off the forum or at least through pms because you are not allowed to discuss pms publicly (it's one of the guidelines). I'm sorry if there's any mistakes. It's hard to type w/my phone

Guest LiquidSky

No problem. And I was gonna post something about Reilly too but you got me all off-topic lol just umm never mind. I won't say anything..

ETA: i don't think i'll be leaving anytime soon either, and also would like a contact with the folks considering leaving, you guys are cool people

I'm glad you're not leaving because I thoroughly enjoy reading your posts. :wacky:

This whole thing was really upsetting me yesterday but I came across a song that I hadn't thought to get up and go put on. It gave me a few needed moments to Take a breath and chill out. It was a thoughtful, well-meaning gesture. Whether anyone WANTED to hear it or not, I can't understand finding fault with someone trying to be kind. Thanks for your posts, Celine.:)