✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

NOOOO00000oooooo00OOOOooo.

Cyan Kat

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing that I've noticed is that people are so quick to report someone because they hurt their feelings when they don't consider that maybe what they said was flawed in some way. Reilly was one of those people who will speak out when he sees flaws in what someone has said i don't think his main intention was to upset people more to try and get people to see that they were wrong and to learn. I understand that sometimes it can seem aggressive and back when I first joined these arguments went straight over the top of my head, but honestly i do feel that i've learned a lot from being here and i know that reilly was not the type of person to hate someone for saying one silly thing, we are all nicer than we are given credit for. Basically just because somebody doesn't agree with your point of view doesn't mean they hate you and yeah im going to miss reilly :(

This whole thing was really upsetting me yesterday but I came across a song that I hadn't thought to get up and go put on. It gave me a few needed moments to Take a breath and chill out. It was a thoughtful, well-meaning gesture. Whether anyone WANTED to hear it or not, I can't understand finding fault with someone trying to be kind. Thanks for your posts, Celine.:)
aw you're welcome :cheesy:

Oh. This is sad. :( I was actually already thinking of leaving the forum...in fact I only came on because I heard that something had happened and I wanted to see what it was. But it's still very sad to see so many of the entertaining posters leaving...and Reilly getting banned (which seems to be the pebble that started the avalanche). And Batman isn't a mod anymore? :(

Man...I'll really miss the chatbox conversations a lot... :cry:

I can't believe how sad I am over people I've never really even met, leaving a forum.

Hmm...well I guess I won't be around for a while either......so goodbye everyone.

One thing that I've noticed is that people are so quick to report someone because they hurt their feelings when they don't consider that maybe what they said was flawed in some way. Reilly was one of those people who will speak out when he sees flaws in what someone has said i don't think his main intention was to upset people more to try and get people to see that they were wrong and to learn. I understand that sometimes it can seem aggressive and back when I first joined these arguments went straight over the top of my head, but honestly i do feel that i've learned a lot from being here and i know that reilly was not the type of person to hate someone for saying one silly thing, we are all nicer than we are given credit for. Basically just because somebody doesn't agree with your point of view doesn't mean they hate you and yeah im going to miss reilly :(

I just kind of want to add something to this -unpopular opinion ahead.

in the thread I made last year on my gender identity (and yes I know that's old), when I reread some of my posts, I certainly said unclear things. However, Reilly didn't really help me figure that out, and in fact probably made my arguments even more flawed than they were to begin with because of how flustered I was getting over his attacks. (tnspelier - sorry, I don't know your real name - you weren't exactly helping by calling me "a special snowflake." I still don't feel male or female, fyi). I'm not denying that he made me think about the flaws in my argument, but he wasn't exactly helping me to figure out what exactly those flaws were, if that makes any sense.

/the part of this pertaining to Kat's post is over

Also, his behavior in that thread and his repeated mockery of not only myself, but other members (Laurel being an example) after we posted statements in certain threads kind of makes me happy to see Reilly go. I'm not saying he wasn't a smart guy or anything - in fact, he definitely was intelligent - but he certainly seemed like he could have handled his behavior a bit more.

Then again, he never really seemed to like me much, so I don't know what I'm going on about/if people are even willing to listen to my opinion.

I come back and people I've practically grown up with are getting banned and leaving/considering leaving this sucks ass

this exactly

I haven't been on here in a long time, but I always think about the friends I made on this board....

this board was kind of like a door for me into the big wide world of the internet and I appreciate everyone who helped me through it

I still remember when I was pretty new here and I saw the fights between Reilly and Mark and Nathan (that was his name right? It's been so long) and Reilly was the sole survivor of that

I appreciate his postings because he wasn't afraid to speak his mind. Some people thought he was rude (particularly the coldplay fangirls) but I feel that because I saw him posting so truthfully, it showed me that it's okay to be a human being on the internet as well

Whenever the forum felt dull, he'd always post a hilarious thread or make a comment that made me smile, and I really do appreciate the life he brought here

It makes me sad to see such an important member of the community gone

sorry if this makes no sense, it's been a long day and I'm really shocked

lets just be honest, some people were just inane and fun to poke at because of their flaws but i don't think he advocates to bully people because he never really did that and thats why everyone says he was honest because he fucking said the blue elephant in the room that anyone would think was "rude" to say that a certain person is just either pretentious, creepy, odd or just stupid

not everything has to be dealt with a polite manner ya know? either way he was eloquent and he had a certain way to not attack but confront someone or something that i think some people can't handle

so basically its not like you deserved it or something, but i dont think that we all were on his side when things got heated on this forum or when he was just playing around with obvious victims but we all had our own conclusions and he just had the guts and right way to articulate it

and i think we could all learn from reilly in our lives, if something or someone bothers you fucking confront it and don't be afraid of a little chaos because we all need a lil Spicy Reilly Chaos :)

and this is why i get mad

i appreciate the way he would pull me up on how i act sometimes

Oh. This is sad. :( I was actually already thinking of leaving the forum...in fact I only came on because I heard that something had happened and I wanted to see what it was. But it's still very sad to see so many of the entertaining posters leaving...and Reilly getting banned (which seems to be the pebble that started the avalanche). And Batman isn't a mod anymore? :(

Man...I'll really miss the chatbox conversations a lot... :cry:

I can't believe how sad I am over people I've never really even met, leaving a forum.

Hmm...well I guess I won't be around for a while either......so goodbye everyone.

:( :( :(

Bye Laurel, you'll be missed. I hope you don't stay away for too long.

I do not know how you can take things people say on the Internet that seriously. If Reilly called you up in a mistake, you could either face it, by realizing you we're wrong, or say fuck it and just believe that you are right. And if you do not want to get in an Internet fight just ignore the issue. The problem is that people want to change other people opinions just like that, but few realize that you cannot do that, all you can do is giving them information and hoping they will, in their own way, see things from a broader point of view. That is why I do not see the point on reporting someone for offensive behavior (I only do it when they leave the game/afk or are just plain bad players (LoL reference if you are wondering)), which apparently was the main thing that got him banned. I know little about it so I might be completely wrong.

Besides, for all that you know, it can be a 10 year old with failing school grades trying to call you a noob when they are the ones feeding the enemy team (LoL). Would you really listen to a 10y/o? Of course not. That is why I do not take things said on an Internet forum that seriously. But if you get with the right people, you can also learn a lot, about yourself and how the world works.