September 5, 201313 yr 1st listening done. :) Song builds and builds, and in the end i didn't have to disappoint. Jonny Boy guitar magic was like a icing on the cake :lol: Great song for a soundtrack. And i have to say, production of that song is REALLY good. Spacey synths and guitar sounds make a amazing atmosphere.
September 5, 201313 yr Gave it a 9. I love it. And I'm so happy that its soo different from their latest work. Music is amazing, its sort of lo-fi meets hi-fi and the style is X&Yish. But lyrically it could be better. After a long time a Coldplay song that doesn't need to grow on me its great after the first listen.
September 5, 201313 yr I find it utterly beautiful. Maybe the lyrics could be better, but the hook of "carry your world" is great, and the build up sent goosebumps the first time I heard it. Nice small solo by Jonny too at the end.
September 5, 201313 yr Got only 1 listen in, but loved how it fits into the sombre mood of the storyline. The buildup to the explosion of the chorus is awesome! And the guitar riff! 8/10 till I can listen to it over and over and over. Tomorrow! Edit: This will be GORGEOUS live. The "Carry your world" parts are an epic sing-along as well. 9/10 now.
September 5, 201313 yr It's actually a pretty boring song at the first listen to be brutally honest...
September 5, 201313 yr Maybe it'll grow on me, but for now the "carry the world" hook/chorus just feels like an anticlimax to me...
September 5, 201313 yr This sounds like the X&Y and Viva La Vida eras had a baby. I love Mylo Xyloto, but this was eargasmic after the gaudy over production on it. This started beautifully simple and what sealed the deal was Johnny's guitar at the end. That was killer. 10/10.
September 5, 201313 yr I know people are not allowed to post download links and i fully respect that, but please can someone point me in the right direction of where i can hear it in full at least?!?! I'm dying here!!!!! :bomb::bomb::bomb:
September 5, 201313 yr It reminds me of the Rush of Blood era. This is a great thing. A very great thing. It sounds so massive, like a perfect stadium song. If this is the direction LP6 is going count me in!
September 5, 201313 yr It's actually a pretty boring song at the first listen to be brutally honest... I didnt want to say it. But its true.
September 5, 201313 yr I know people are not allowed to post download links and i fully respect that, but please can someone point me in the right direction of where i can hear it in full at least?!?! I'm dying here!!!!! :bomb::bomb::bomb: just search on twitter a lot of people are posting it right now
September 5, 201313 yr well you knew about the lyrics before so I imagine you hated it even before hearing That's harsh. Isn't possible she just doesn't like it? Also, where can I hear the full song?
September 5, 201313 yr Listened approximately 10 times, it reminds me of Amsterdam and Death and All His Friends and I really love it, especially Jonny's part and the epic build up in general. I'm very bad at writing reviews actually. I'm staying with my first thought: BLOODY AWESOME 9/10
September 5, 201313 yr As I've told Ellen while she's restraining herself from listening, Atlas is like a beautiful lightweight dessert.
September 5, 201313 yr The harmony and solo at the end reminds me of Ordinary World by Duran Duran. Still love the track.
September 5, 201313 yr The harmony and solo at the end reminds me of Ordinary World by Duran Duran. Still love the track. Was about to say. :)That's a good thing, though. It's very UWTB and takes you up, but ends so soon. I was expecting more bang out drums. Overall, I love Jonny's short guitar solo. It reminds me a little of Prospect's March in the beginning, Chris's vocals. I love all the sounds though. It makes a great soundtrack song and I'm sure it will fit very well for the movie. It made me cry and it is a very moving, beautiful song. :heart:
September 5, 201313 yr just search on twitter a lot of people are posting it right now Thank you so much! Should've thought of twitter myself tbh but i don't really use it tbh :embarrassed: Anyway, i'm now on my third listen and i'm noticing more about with each listen - Johnny's guitars, the backing vocals (Will i assume?) Overall though, i LOVE LOVE LOVE it! :wacky: Love the way it builds up slowly and then the "i'll carry the world" chorus hits you, and the gorgeous dreamy feel it has to it. Can't wait to buy it :heart: :D
September 5, 201313 yr I'm loving it! The "Carry your world" reminds me of "When Love Takes Over" by Kelly Rowland/David Guetta...anybody else? The atmosphere of the whole song is pretty epic though, and Jonny has a beautiful little solo. Can't wait to see what LP6 is going to be like now.
September 5, 201313 yr Even if this isn't the style of the next album, Atlas will still have influenced the boys to an extent.
Create an account or sign in to comment