✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Rate Atlas - and post your review

busybeeburns

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all, not so keen on the lyrics, let's say they are all right at best, but that's something I've known for a month. I really like the beginning and the build-up, but not really what it builds up to (2:27 onwards). This part feels too much like a generic Paradise beat to me. I do love the Jonny guitar picks near the end and the outro.

Overall, I'm content because I know it could have been a lot worse if they had stuck to the MX path. It feels like Moving To Mars, only less good. MTM being my favourite song of my least favourite Coldplay era.

I gave it a 7/10 rating, which seems like not much compared to the other voters, but it's good. It's all right. Well done Coldplay.

The song is very beautiful. The chorus is fantastic, and if Coldplay can carry this quality of music into LP6, it may be their best album ever. When Chris sings "carry your world," this is about as good as Coldplay can get. I love how stark the piano is, and the 'wer wer wer wer wer' of the guitar in the background during the verse really hearkens back to the pre-Parachutes era (see No More Keeping My Feet On the Ground).

Put simply, this song is a love letter from Coldplay to their fans.

If I had one gripe, it would be that the verses could be better. Or maybe it's just the chorus is too damn good. 9/10

Verse piano sounds a bit Radioheady no?

I was thinking that the entire time, and I love that!

I guess I'm not too fond on the chorus after my first full listen, but the rest of the song is quite good! Sort of somber and melancholy, but I like that. X&Y was clearly an influence on this song, and I fucking love that. Also everything from the introduction of the other instruments and on is seriously just superb. I think that one minute had more emotion than the majority of Mylo Xyloto.

9/10 (on first listen).

The song is very beautiful. The chorus is fantastic, and if Coldplay can carry this quality of music into LP6, it may be their best album ever. When Chris sings "carry your world," this is about as good as Coldplay can get. I love how stark the piano is, and the 'wer wer wer wer wer' of the guitar in the background during the verse really hearkens back to the pre-Parachutes era (see No More Keeping My Feet On the Ground).

I didn't even think of that, but you're totally right. Very much a sort of callback to the olden days.

First off... YAY A LEAK SO I DON'T HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL TOMORROW :D

But about the song itself. Is Atlas on the legendary level of Clocks, Paradise, and Moving to Mars? Not quite. But it's right below it. If there was a 9.5 on the poll, I'd have picked that. Yet again, our beloved Coldplay delivers another epic. But are we really surprised? We've come to expect greatness like this from these guys. I just love Coldplay. :)

Is Atlas on the legendary level of Clocks, Paradise, and Moving to Mars? Not quite. But it's right below it. If there was a 9.5 on the poll, I'd have picked that. Yet again, our beloved Coldplay delivers another epic. But are we really surprised? We've come to expect greatness like this from these guys. I just love Coldplay. :)

I wouldn't say Paradise or MTM is legendary.