Rate Atlas - and post your review

busybeeburns

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I LOVE it. It is Brilliant! :bliss:

Its new and refreshing, it sounds massive, it has a great build up. WOW

And I can hear "old Coldplay" as some mentioned before.

And the outro... it is just sublime :heart::heart:

And I will surely buy it when its available on my Itunes.

Absolutely stunning!

The minute Jonny's ringing guitar comes in, you know it's a classic. Really think it could be among their best yet.

Great to hear something more like AROBTTH, but at the same time it's completely different. The soundscapes are beautiful - Sigur Ros standard!

Forget Paradise and Princess of China. THIS is why I love Coldplay.

I like the bit where he says "and all your huuuurt" :3

The beginnings I find a bit boring but it'll probably fit the film alright

The chorus is amazing

I'm gonna buy it because the download I just got isn't brilliant quality :( I wanna listen to it in all it's glory!

I simply adore it. It's sweet, dreamy, a bit dark and the build up is intoxicating to me. I love the background, music and voices, the guitar at the end and think it's perfect for this movie. I'm thoroughly impressed. :heart:

edit: The more I listen to it, the more I love it.

Seriously I love it.

Sounds like it's right out of X&Y which is fantastic. I honestly think if I'd never heard X&Y before and this song was in the place of Twisted Logic (Not a fan, definitely their weakest closer, also I think Atlas would work well as a closer, sort of like Amsterdam) I think it would work perfectly.

If this is on the same lines as what LP6 will sound like, then I am going to be very pleased with it. MX was good but I'm over it and I need classic Coldplay back :D

After 2 listens, my initial impression is: meditative. It kind of leaves you in a tranquil state, which I appreciate. The melody is one that is uneasy to say the least, the piano melody sort of has you on edge, in the beginning but it opens up into a very nice chorus that is very "airy" if I could describe it, like you can breathe after the initial verse. It's like riding a roller-coaster. Think the band really captures a range of emotions in the span of four minutes. I think the ending is uplifting and optimistic, much like many Coldplay songs of the past.

I rate this as a solid six -- musically I enjoy it, it's a nice hybrid and very "Moving to Mars" esque. I just can't connect emotionally to it RIGHT NOW, that may change. I quite like it though.

OK I gave in. Listening for the fourth time.

It's beautiful. Melancholy, but at the same time uplifting. It gives you a sense of urgency, but relaxes you! The middle chorus gives you goosebumps. Then Jonny's guitar comes in at the end.. wow!

It makes me happy and makes me cry.

It reminds me a little of parts of Amsterdam, parts of it like MTM as people have said.., parts of Rush of Blood, there are elements of Christmas lights even maybe? But most of all it's an epic, brilliant new Coldplay song and will be perfect for the movie. I can't wait to hear it in the theatre on surround sound. :D

Oh and I have the song on pre-order, so I don't feel too terrible about listening early. :D

I love it. :dazzled:

I filmed myself before & after listening to Atlas for the first time.

Here's my instant review/reaction:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTdgsKh3_0U]Review: Atlas - Coldplay - YouTube[/ame]

After a few more listens, it's definitely grown on me a lot.

Love it.

Classic Coldplay.

9/10

@IanHasGreenEyes.

this song is seriously EPIC! EPIC EPIC EPIC! after the huge disappointment that was MX I was on the verge of a breakdown leading up to the release of Atlas because I kept being pessimistic and thinking its gonna be like MX. but I'm glad I was very wrong.

the song is in fact so good I wish it wasn't released as this film's soundtrack. I'm gonna ignore the movie and the possible music video so it doesn't ruin the feel of the song for me. I'm also interested to see who did the production on this, because they've certainly learnt their lesson after MX now

I really hope they follow with this on LP6. a ubiquitous positive reaction from their core fanbase would certainly send a message.