✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Rate Atlas - and post your review

busybeeburns

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The piano intro heavily reminds me of the Viva la Vida era, "Death and All His Friends" to be more specific. Will then makes his entrance in the song with repetitive, sweeping hi-hats, building up the intensity. When the electronic beat breaks in a little past mid-way in the song (reminiscent to that of "Paradise"), it mixes the elements of the Viva and MX eras as the band's brings in epic amounts of epicness. Carry your wooooorrrrlllld.... Well, that's what I think of it anyway.

The song itself sounds darker than to that of MX and it's really intriguing to me. It's better than most songs on MX and is by far one of the best songs Coldplay has ever put out in the decade.

I give it an 8 out of 10.

I'll wait until it comes out to listen to it (hopefully on Amazon or the Google Play store...I don't do iTunes). I doubt I'll buy the whole soundtrack, but will definitely buy the single. I heard it was coming out it the U.S. next week as well. Very excited!

I'd give it a 9 out of 10. It truly is an amazing track nonetheless! The song really resonates once Chris gets to the bit, "I'm about to explode...I'll carry your world". I was expecting a big guitar solo full of "oohhhh's", but right before it lifts off the ground, it lands back softly with Chris on the piano. Overall, I think Atlas is a beautiful track. We can expect more great things to come after this. :)

Well i heard it a few times now. It sounds a bit like the old Coldplay, from the first 2 albums. But not at their best. It sounds predictable.

Still, it sounds better then most MX tracks. Maybe i will like it more after repeat listings, but i doubt it. For example, i like Moving to Mars more.

7/10

9/10, I love the dark and dreamy mood of the song, thats one of the styles they do best imo has a sort of X&Y feel to it with deeper vocals which I prefer from Chris atm, I have enough falsetto to last me a while :)

The song is such a tease too, 'im about to explode' then goes somber again but then the ending is amazing, im still waiting for that day too when Johnny pumps out the guitar solo of his life after that mentioned lyric then it will be a perfect 10 :D

I couldn't rate the song a 10/10 after listening to it 5 times now. It is right now a great, great song! It has a good chord progression, and sounds like old Coldplay. But it also sounds like it originated during the Viva era and was molded through the years between the Viva and MX era. The piano is certainly Coldplay-esque, and the buildup is also. I feel that in terms of Coldplay, this is one of their better songs, but certainly not in my top 25...yet.

Lyrics: 7.5/10 (Could have been better, but I think some didn't really fit when he sang them)

Music: 8/10 (Typical Coldplay with some new sounds in there, and definitely great to hear, but not what I was expecting from a soundtrack)

Overall about an 8/10. Great in music standards and by Coldplay standards, but I really wanted them to do something different/soundtrack-y and definitely a longer song than 4 minutes.