✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Rate Atlas - and post your review

busybeeburns

I'm not really too keen on Chris' singing in this I'm afraid. I like that he's singing lower but I'm not fond of the vocal melody. It sounds hastily written to me. Also the piano in the beginning sounds a bit unfinished, it reminds me a bit of those Viva demos.

However, I really like it from "I'm about to explode" onwards! Instrumentally it's very nice, and the climax with the guitar solo is very good. The chorus is nice, if a bit repetitive but hey, at least it's not "Para-Para-Paradise, oh oh oh oh oh oh oh" right? ;)

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is not from any Coldplay era.

this song is brilliant, but not reminiscent of anything they've done before.

I read earlier someone hinted at "Ordinary World" and I agree with that comparison.

LP6, if this is any indication will be brilliant - mature sound, the guitar note during the verses, I liked it!

Nice

I love the sober/melancholic sound with the more uplifting and heavenly chorus.

The singing in the verses does sound kinda dry, but I think that it sounds really great in the first verse, taking you back to the older more acoustic songs. I love that simple beginning. Just his voice with piano is a always a golden combination.

Have listened to it many times now, still think that moving to mars and us against the world are better songs, melody wise, but overall it's a very nice song, the chorus is quite simple, but the uplifting feeling from the music is strong. And I'm glad it's not that overproduced like many of the MX songs.

I hope they're planning to go for a bit darker and deeper sound, like moving to mars.

I give it an 8.

Okay I heard it several times now and it has grown on me. The music and production are really on spot. The lyrics not so much tbh, I hope they wrote better stuff for the album and this is just quickly done for the movie.

I really liked it, I don't love it though. The chorus seems a bit unfinished with just "carry your world" over and over. The melody is gorgeus, the background synths and guitar gave it an awsome space feeling and the tack piano at the end is beautiful. It's sound somewhere between Death And All His Friends and Paradise wich is great. So yeah, an 8/10, really good, but not a Coldplay classic.

This song will be a grower for me. I've heard better from them. But it does seem to fit well with the themes of the movie. I like the chorus the most. I'm not too fond of the electric snare drum. I just feel like everyone is doing that whole snare drum sound now a days an seems unoriginal. I loved Johnny's solo at the end, but with certain songs, it sort of gets washed away in the production and you can't hear it clearly. I know my opinion will probably change after many listens, as it does with some of the boys songs I don't like right away. I think that's one of the reason why I love this band!

The verses are lovely, particularly the piano accompaniment. The first half of the song is a "return to the roots" in the strictest sense--it recalls songs like "For You" and "Harmless" (although admittedly with touches of newer material like "Prospekt's March" and "Christmas Lights").

But the chorus is boring and flat, particularly given the expectations that necessarily build with the word "explode."

And we might ask where the rest of the band is. We get a bit of "Fix You"-esque drumming and sparkling guitar toward the end, but it mostly feels like an afterthought.

5/10. Not bad.

5 :embarrassed::( nothing new here I am sorry to say. Parts of it sound like stuff they could have chosen not to used in from arobth parts pretty dated.

it also sounds samey on the point of view if you imangned how they could preform live it another turn wheras the crowd do most of the work.. with repeated and echoed chorases .

whoevver paid coldplay the video producer have been short changed here.

Despite its too simple end rhymes and repetitive chorus line (seriously, Chris?), I find Atlas to be an eloquent, dark, hopeful song very much suitable for Catching Fire, which I'm looking forward to watching on the big screen.

The progression of the song with its bleak piano going into Jonny's guitar and the full instrumentation is wonderful. I get many associations to both Prospekt's March (track), Moving to Mars, X&Y (album) and Mylo Xyloto.

Lyrically, Chris has done and can do a lot better, which is my problem with this song.

I have yet to rate it but I might land on a 6. I feel torn whether to rate it as a Coldplay song or a song in general.

Good to hear from the boys again. :)

A breath of fresh air IMO — I think it'll fit really well with the film. I like the mix of old and new; there's definetly some AROBTTH in there but some of the background parts sound like something of VLVODAAHF or MX. I like that. It's better than I expected and I have pre-ordered it from iTunes (the UK has to wait until Sunday :()

Personally, I think this song is their best work in years. :D Perhaps all the way back to the AROBTTH era. It's got a lot of the "old school" elements people always complain are lacking in their more recent work. Plus, it's just a damn beautiful song. The only (very minor) gripe I have is that the ending of the track does feel a bit abrupt.