✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Rate Atlas - and post your review

busybeeburns

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ I hear A LOT from their recent work on the track. Chris' lower register at some points (Yes, Moving To Mars), the tack piano (CB, Lovers In Japan) by the end, the background synths (Violet Hill), the simple chorus (Paradise, Hurts Like Heaven), the drums by the end made me think of Chtistmas Lights, the bass of Paradise and Death and All His Friends piano. So I don't see that much of old Coldplay.

that guitar riff has Spies written all over it

How come, recently, have all these one-off releases become insta-classics? (referring to Christmas Lights, Moving to Mars, and Atlas)

Why couldn't MX have been this consistent? I am dissapoint.

Whether you like the album or not, I don't see how you can class MX as stylistically inconsistent. All the songs have more unity of style and structure than any of their other albums.

Whether you like the album or not, I don't see how you can class MX as stylistically inconsistent. All the songs have more unity of style and structure than any of their other albums.

I wouldn't say so. X&Y is so stylistically consistent that it is actually the album's biggest flaw. Parachutes also has a striking unity of style, but that doesn't bother me as much. I'd say MX is still more diverse than these two, but I do see what you mean.

I'm talking consistency of quality, not theme or style. Every song off MX is a mixed bag amongst fans. Where as the tracks I mentioned were just insta-hits with the fans.

This is the first song since the Viva La Vida Era that I have just fell in love with. I honestly lost all hope on the band's last album MX. But to hear this new song is a great feeling. I have listened to this song literally at least 50 times now and it's still great every time. The song is a 10 out of 10 rating with me. Let's hope that the band will make more great music like this in the future.

I'm talking consistency of quality, not theme or style. Every song off MX is a mixed bag amongst fans. Where as the tracks I mentioned were just insta-hits with the fans.

Fair enough. Though I would contend that Charlie Brown and perhaps UWTB are as close to universally acclaimed by the fanbase as anything they've done in the last decade or so. Other then that, yeah I agree, mixed bag.

How come, recently, have all these one-off releases become insta-classics? (referring to Christmas Lights, Moving to Mars, and Atlas)

Christmas Lights and Moving To Mars are waaaayyyyyy better.

I just cant get enough of this song! its been constantly on repeat since thursday!

I hope it gets the credit and respect it deserves. its a million times better than Skyfall or any of the recent great soundtrack songs.

Skyfall's pretty good, mate. But yeah I like to see Coldplay do well.

I didn't have any expectations, good or bad, because it's a song for a movie and I thought it would sound very different to what we are used to hear from Coldplay. But I was very surprised, in a good way, I really liked it and I think that it is very good. It's like you took something from the AROBTTH era and aged it, and it aged very well! I hope we can get some of that for LP6!

Not only that, but all of Coldplay's recent one-offers seem to be following the same style.

The band should take the hint that this is the style seemingly everyone likes :P

Not everyone.

:nod:

The reaction here has been great, the iTunes ratings are even better, but there is also some negative criticism of it being "zzzzz" and "too nice" which I have to agree with (Chris' "exploding" can barely constitute a minor fart).

So while this is fine I'd also like to hear something edgier and less goop approved on LP6.

Not only that, but all of Coldplay's recent one-offers seem to be following the same style.

The band should take the hint that this is the style seemingly everyone likes :P

Except perhaps the band themselves. At this stage of their career, they don't really need hits, or even to shift records, so it's only natural their going to do what they like at the moment, even if it's less popular. It happens to a lot of bands once they no longer have the pressure of worrying about money or acclaim. Coldplay are making music for the fun of it at this point.