✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[19-Dec-2013] Coldplay @ Eventim Apollo, London, UK

Tash

Right I was the first one there arriving at 5.40am. Two buses it took to get there and it wasn't long after until a few more people arrived.

I can't remember everyones name but I wish to thank Tash, Ellen, Jeremy, Jason, Jimmy and Oz for making the queue experience pleasent. It was nice having other people to talk to.

From who I met Coldplay have some wonderful fans and I hope I meet you all again at another Coldplay gig in the future.

Whilst the people were I met were amazing there were a couple of selfish people. The scanners slowed my entrance into the venue which was highly annoying as I was the first there and had been queueing since 5.40am. I noticed there was some space but these French girls had elbows out and legs stretched out when there was enough space for at least one more person. I had said I have been here since 5.40 this morning hoping they would let me on the barrier but the reply I got was you are taller than us. Now that wasn't entirely true because we were the same height. It was slightly annoying due to the fact I wasn't near my friend as he managed to get barrier but I was 2nd row behind these girls. So talking during intervals was tough as my friend would of needed to turn round.

Now I don't know peoples usernames but Jimmy had exactly the same problem. He was on the barrier but I think one of these girls was elbowing him. So I kept on trying to get onto the barrier as these girls probably had more space than anyone on the barrier. They eventually relented before David Brent.

This was really annoying because I didn't enjoy Rizzle Kicks because of this. For Dynamo I was slightly on the barrier but my position was mega uncomfortable.

As for the performances Dynamo blew my mind. How the hell did he do those Matrix moves at the end??. David Brent whom I saw at The Bloomsbury Theatre on his first ever show was extremely funny (If you had seen videos on YouTube of him live, those videos were most likely mine), Lily Allen was phenomenal and the performance of Hard Out Here was sizzling. Also the Robbie appearance was a surprise.

As for Coldplay what can I say. WOW is the word I am looking for. With so many songs there were obviously a few which went going to be played. It was nice to be there for the Live Debut of Atlas and Viva La Vida was a right crowd pleaser. It was actually a surprise for me that Yellow wasn't sung.

Still it as one incredible set and the snow during White Christmas was amazing. Also it was nice to end the year with Christmas Lights.

I can't remember everyones name but I wish to thank Tash, Ellen, Jeremy, Jason, Jimmy and Oz for making the queue experience pleasent. It was nice having other people to talk to.

You're welcome, it was nice meeting you : )

Whilst the people were I met were amazing there were a couple of selfish people. The scanners slowed my entrance into the venue which was highly annoying as I was the first there and had been queueing since 5.40am. I noticed there was some space but these French girls had elbows out and legs stretched out when there was enough space for at least one more person. I had said I have been here since 5.40 this morning hoping they would let me on the barrier but the reply I got was you are taller than us. Now that wasn't entirely true because we were the same height. It was slightly annoying due to the fact I wasn't near my friend as he managed to get barrier but I was 2nd row behind these girls. So talking during intervals was tough as my friend would of needed to turn round.

Now I don't know peoples usernames but Jimmy had exactly the same problem. He was on the barrier but I think one of these girls was elbowing him. So I kept on trying to get onto the barrier as these girls probably had more space than anyone on the barrier. They eventually relented before David Brent.

This was really annoying because I didn't enjoy Rizzle Kicks because of this. For Dynamo I was slightly on the barrier but my position was mega uncomfortable.

They didn't even queue, they came late in the afternoon and entered from the side of the queue :|

Lily Allen performs with Coldplay's Chris Martin and Robbie Williams at London comeback gig

Lily Allen recruited an array of stars for her first London show in three years, performing with Robbie Williams, Chris Martin and Keane's Tim Rice-Oxley during her five-song set at the Under One Roof charity show at Hammersmith Apollo last night (December 19)

Allen, dressed in a sparkling silver dress, opened her set performing 'The Fear' with Chris Martin on acoustic guitar and cheerleading – ''she's Number One!" Martin told the crowd. She then announced ''look who it is!" as Robbie Williams emerged to sing 'Dream A Little Dream' from his 'Swing Both Ways' album.

2013LilyAllen_ColdplayPA-18520246201213.jpg

After a performance of 'LDN' from her 2006 debut 'Alright, Still', she then played recent hit 'Hard Out Here', for which she was joined by gyrating dancers similar to those from the song's controversial video. Her short set closed with Keane's Tim Rice-Oxley joining her on piano to play Allen's cover of the band's 'Somewhere Only We Know' from the Christmas John Lewis advert, currently Number One in the charts.

The evening, organised by Coldplay in aid of the children's charity, also featured sets from Rizzle Kicks, magician Dynamo, Ricky Gervais' comedy band David Brent And Foregone Conclusion and Coldplay themselves, who played a 45-minute set of greatest hits and Christmas songs, including 'Viva La Vida', 'Clocks', 'Fix You', 'The Scientist' and 'Paradise'.

Lily Allen played:

'The Fear' (with Chris Martin)

'Dream A Little Dream' (with Robbie Williams)

'LDN'

'Hard Out Here'

'Somewhere Only We Know'

link

Under1Roof Charity concert, Eventim Apollo, London, review

kidscoweb_2771850b.jpg

Like a small screen version of The Purple Rose of Cairo, David Brent has leapt out from The Office and into what passes for real life. Ricky Gervais’ comic creation appeared on stage last night at a charity concert to raise money for children’s charity Kids Company, which helps disadvanted young people who neglected, abused and homeless.

Like any spin-off from a much loved television series, the fear of disappointment hung heavy but Gervais triumphed. He has a decent singing voice and more than decent songs. The folk tinged Lady Gypsy and his hymn to his hometown Slough, where "you just know where you’re heading, its equi-distant from London and Reading", aren’t just funny, they are rather touching. Much like The Office. As he left the stage after the inevitable Free Love Highway, I was left wondering whether David Brent realised he was a fictional character.

That tension, and a sense of having one’s cake and eating it, returned during Lily Allen’s performance of Hard Out Here. The song addresses objectification of women and Allen sang it accompanying by six female dancers thrusting and gyrating - it was meant to be ironic but it risked clouding the message.

The rest of Allen’s set offered less complicated fun: Chris Martin accompanying her for an acoustic The Fear, tuxedo clad Robbie Williams joining her for a tender Dream a Little Dream, the couple dancing together on stage, the audience’s LED bracelets flashing red, green and white, the Apollo sparkling like a Christmas tree. Tim Rice Oxley from Keane joined Allen on piano for a hushed Somewhere Only We Know. "Don’t forget your John Lewis alarm clocks on your way out," she joked.

There was a time when it was acceptable to like Coldplay - if memory serves, it was a Tuesday afternoon in June 2000. Since then the band have been terminally unhip. I have never been able to sign up to the Chris Martin hate club and tonight his band delivered a compact but blistering set studded with hits.

Martin hunched behind a keyboard hammering the keys for the rippling chords of Clocks and the communal murmeralong of Fix You, before before bounding and bouncing around the stage during an ecstatic Viva La Vida. Fake snowflakes fell from the ceiling during White Christmas before Christmas Lights ushered us out to the December night, and those lucky enough to have a roof above our heads headed home.

link

Watch Lily Allen Perform With Chris Martin At Under 1 Roof Benefit

Lily-Allen-Chris-Martin-Under-1-Roof-608x342.jpg

Canny consumers of ’90s pop-country know an ascendant Tim McGraw once released a song called “It Doesn’t Get Any Countrier Than This.” Coldplay’s Under 1 Roof concert benefitting the charity Kids Company might be the diametrical opposite of that sentiment: It doesn’t get any more British than this. Besides Chris Martin and company, the lineup included Ricky Gervais as David Brent, Foregone Conclusion, Lily Allen, Dynamo, and Rizzle Kicks and was hosted by Top Of The Pops host Fearne Cotton. Under 1 Roof went down last night at London’s Hammersmith Ballroom, and we’ve got fan video of Allen’s set starting with an acoustic version of “The Fear” accompanied by Martin; it sure does sound like a Coldplay song when you spin it like that! Then Robbie Williams showed up in a tux to duet with Allen on “Dream A Little Dream Of Me.” See? Very British. Then, Keane frontman Tim Rice-Oxley joined Allen to sing Keane’s “Somewhere Only We Know” (a tune she recently covered for a TV ad), at which point everyone turned into a Union Jack. Catch video of all that below plus Coldplay’s show-closing rendition of “White Christmas.”

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BbDsEQVT98[/ame]

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7TzwtBRm4g[/ame]

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=Izgn26eRWhI[/ame]

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0-ZHPO8wHI[/ame]

link

Lily Allen - Lily Allen Joined By Celebrity Friends At Charity Gig

Lily Allen was joined onstage by a host of celebrity friends during Coldplay's charity gig on Thursday (19Dec13).

The Smile singer was one of the performers drafted in to play at the band's third Under 1 Roof concert at the Eventim Apollo in London, in support of the Kids Company charity.

The pop star treated fans to duets with Robbie Williams and Coldplay's Chris Martin, and thrilled the audience when Keane's Tim Rice-Oxley joined her to perform her Christmas cover of the band's hit Somewhere Only We Know.

Other performances at the event, which was hosted by Fearne Cotton, came from Coldplay themselves, hip-hop duo Rizzle Kicks, magician Dynamo, and Ricky Gervais' The Office character David Brent with his band Foregone Conclusion.

link

Lily Allen and Robbie Williams share a cheeky kiss on stage at Coldplay's charity event

LARGER than life singers Lily Allen and Robbie Williams got together in the name of charity for a concert on Thursday night.

robbie-header-449803.jpg

Marking Lily's first London show in three years, the pair appeared on stage together for the Under 1 Roof concert, even managing to squeeze in a little slow dance!

Donning some retro heavy eyeliner, the singer wore a stylish leopard print coat and tied her hair up in a 1960s-style bouffant ponytail.

Lily recruited an array of showbiz pals to help her through a five-song stint.

With a festive sparking dress peeping from under her glamorous fur, the singer was accompanied by Coldplay frontman Chris Martin on guitar as she opened her set with The Fear.

110291.jpg

110292.jpg

As the song drew to a close Martin shouted "She's number one!"

As the band begun to play the second number, Lily cheekily announced to the audience "Look who it is!" as Robbie Williams emerged to perform Dream A Little Dream from his new Swing Both Ways album.

Lily got close to the former boy band bad boy, she rested her head on his shoulder as they enjoyed a dance and the Angels singer even snook a cheeky kiss before leaving the stage.

Die-hard Lily fans were then treated to a performance of LDN from her 2006 debut album Alright, Still.

A troop of scantily-clad, gyrating dancers joined her onstage as she sung recent hit Hard Out Here.

Keane frontman Tim Rice-Oxley joined Ms Allen on stage to conclude her short set with her festive cover of Somewhere Only We Know, current number one single which features on the adorable Bear and Hare Christmas TV advert by John Lewis.

110293.jpg

Chris Martin returned the stage with his band for a 45 minute performance of festive classics as well as songs from their own back catalogue.

Gwyneth Paltrow's hubby, along with the rest of Coldplay had organised the night in aid of the children's charity.

The event also featured performances from Rizzle Kicks, Dynamo and Ricky Gervais even took to the stage, joined by his comedy band David Brent And Forgone Conclusion.

link

Under 1 Roof, Eventim Apollo Hammersmith

+Lily+allen+and+Chris+Martin-.jpg

Christmas came early for Coldplay fans who got tickets to the band's only major British show this year. It was also a gift for charity Kids Company, following the £400,000 raised for vulnerable children by Coldplay's O2 gig in 2011.

Chris Martin’s admission in the programme that it might turn out to be "passionately ramshackle" was accurate in the case of support act Lily Allen, who confessed she hadn’t brought a band for her comeback.

Martin stepped in for an acoustic duet of The Fear, though Allen shared more pop chemistry with surprise guest Robbie Williams on Dream A Little Dream from his chart-topping album.

Allen has the number one single with a cover of Keane’s Somewhere Only We Know — featured on the John Lewis advert — and she was joined by the band’s Tim Rice-Oxley on piano. “This guy is earning a lot of money off me right now,” Allen pointed out.

The audience singalong to her fragile vocals was good practice for Coldplay, who were on remarkable live form for a band who have been shut in the studio.

“I see we still have the best fans in the world,” said Martin following their noisy chanting during the opening Clocks. Whether roaming the stage or at his piano, he was a hyperactive frontman who looked thrilled to be back.

There was a live debut for spooky ballad Atlas from The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, though no other clues to the band’s current direction.

Their previous direction still sounded spectacular during the chiming guitars of Charlie Brown and uplifting anthem Paradise, while the audience’s illuminated wristbands made it a communal pop experience like no other.

Coldplay’s Christmas Lights was a subdued finale, though Martin couldn’t resist a rendition of White Christmas, featuring fake snow, to send us home with some proper festive cheer.

link

Coldplay/Under 1 Roof

Rizzle Kicks, Robbie Williams and Lily Allen were among the stars who joined Coldplay for this variety-style charity show

Coldplay-Headline-Under-1-009.jpg

Messianic … Coldplay's Chris Martin at the Hammersmith Apollo.

If Prince Harry were put in charge of the Royal Variety Performance, it would probably look very much like this charity gig. The cast list is made up of a mainstream rock band, a pop singer fast approaching national-treasure status, a fashionable street magician, a comedian and a rap act who make the grandparents in the crowd want to pinch their cheeks. The profits go to Kids Company, whose powerhouse founder, Camila Batmanghelidjh, appears toward the end of the evening, lauding headliners Coldplay for "honouring the social contract and behaving in an ethical way".

Openers Rizzle Kicks are the something-for-the-kids element of the evening, though there are few bona fide juveniles here. The Brighton hip-hop duo's references might be lost on them, anyway. Their poptimistic rhyming, augmented by a brass section, is so indebted to Madness they may as well cover Baggy Trousers and be done with it.

Bradford magician Dynamo, next up, is another performer of the old school. His mind-reading and card-swapping are timeless – the Victorians were probably wowed by something similar. His charm, however, is immense. Ricky Gervais reminds us that David Brent has a pop star's heart under his waistcoat; his sporadically hilarious all-singing set includes the tilt at reggae Equality Street, with "my own Jay Z" rapping alongside.

Lily Allen tiptoes on wearing an overcoat, apprehensive about her first gig in years. She has no band, but it's a measure of the affection she generates that there is no shortage of stars to help out. Chris Martin plays guitar during The Fear, Robbie Williams shows up in a tux for the mumsy-and-dadsy duet Dream a Little Dream of Me and Keane's Tim Rice-Oxley plays piano on her current No 1 single, Somewhere Only We Know. It's her Blurred Lines take-down, Hard Out Here – with six twerking dancers – that underlines her value as a pop star; it's great to have this witty, self-aware woman back.

Coldplay's enthronement as successors to U2 is surely only a formality now. They've become expert at layering their shows with bombast and effects, such as the "Xyloband" bracelets that light up during Charlie Brown; Chris Martin is maturing into a messianic figure who rouses crowds with one hoarse cry. It's all on a (relatively) human scale, though, as evinced by the appearance of a children's choir to sing White Christmas.

link

Coldplay Perform 'Atlas' in Public for the First Time

Rockers debuted song onstage at a London charity event

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsY83nQkk54[/ame]

After a botched start that included a round of "Fix You," Coldplay's Chris Martin led his band into their first-ever live performance of "Atlas" last night in London. The song is Coldplay's contribution to the Hunger Games: Catching Fire Soundtrack.

Bathed in blue light, a very sweaty Martin looked relieved as the band kicked into the song together. As he began singing the opening lines – "Some saw the sun, some saw the smoke" – the audience joined in just as loud. As the song built, Martin sang "carry the world" while guitarist Jonny Buckland coaxed some plaintive notes from his instrument. The performance went so well, unlike that of their previous song, that Martin jumped up from his piano with an ear-to-ear smile and did a little victory lap on the stage.

The performance was part of an event Coldplay organized called "Under 1 Roof," and it also featured sets by Lily Allen, Robbie Williams and Ricky Gervais as his Office character David Brent, among others. The concert benefitted Kids Company, a U.K. organization that provides "practical, emotional and educational support to vulnerable inner-city kids."

When the group released the song in August, it was Coldplay's first new music since their 2011 album Mylo Xoloto. Catching Fire director Francis Lawrence praised the song for how it fit into the movie: "I have great respect and admiration for Coldplay," he said, "and we are thrilled with how well they have connected to the themes and ideas within the film."

The song subsequently made it into the Number One position on 43 countries' iTunes charts and won the band the Hollywood Song Award at the Hollywood Film Awards in October. It was also one of 75 songs on a list of possible Best Original Song nominees that the Academy of Motion Picture Arts for Oscars 2014 consideration. The Academy will reveal whether it made the cut at a nominations presentation on January 16th.

link

Under1Roof Charity concert, Eventim Apollo, London

Ricky Gervais, Lily Allen, Chris Martin and Robbie Williams all impressed as they sung for a charity concert in aid of Kids Company

kidscoweb_2771850b.jpg

Like a small screen version of The Purple Rose of Cairo, David Brent has leapt out from The Office and into what passes for real life. Ricky Gervais’ comic creation appeared on stage last night at a charity concert to raise money for children’s charity Kids Company, which helps disadvanted young people who neglected, abused and homeless.

Like any spin-off from a much loved television series, the fear of disappointment hung heavy but Gervais triumphed. He has a decent singing voice and more than decent songs. The folk tinged Lady Gypsy and his hymn to his hometown Slough, where "you just know where you’re heading, its equi-distant from London and Reading", aren’t just funny, they are rather touching. Much like The Office. As he left the stage after the inevitable Free Love Highway, I was left wondering whether David Brent realised he was a fictional character.

That tension, and a sense of having one’s cake and eating it, returned during Lily Allen’s performance of Hard Out Here. The song addresses objectification of women and Allen sang it accompanying by six female dancers thrusting and gyrating - it was meant to be ironic but it risked clouding the message.

The rest of Allen’s set offered less complicated fun: Chris Martin accompanying her for an acoustic The Fear, tuxedo clad Robbie Williams joining her for a tender Dream a Little Dream, the couple dancing together on stage, the audience’s LED bracelets flashing red, green and white, the Apollo sparkling like a Christmas tree. Tim Rice Oxley from Keane joined Allen on piano for a hushed Somewhere Only We Know. "Don’t forget your John Lewis alarm clocks on your way out," she joked.

There was a time when it was acceptable to like Coldplay - if memory serves, it was a Tuesday afternoon in June 2000. Since then the band have been terminally unhip. I have never been able to sign up to the Chris Martin hate club and tonight his band delivered a compact but blistering set studded with hits.

Martin hunched behind a keyboard hammering the keys for the rippling chords of Clocks and the communal murmeralong of Fix You, before bounding and bouncing around the stage during an ecstatic Viva La Vida. Fake snowflakes fell from the ceiling during White Christmas before Christmas Lights ushered us out to the December night, and those lucky enough to have a roof above our heads headed home.

link

I had an excellent view of the show, I was watching it though the LCD screen of the camera of the person right in front who got annoyed when in partying mode I accidentally knocked them.

It was like they were filming it as priority number 1 and not enjoying the experience.

Pictures and videos will only serve so much of the memory, but there is so much more the camera lens can not pick up, the memory of being there.

Anyhow, amazing show :)

Lily Allen performs with Coldplay's Chris Martin and Robbie Williams at London comeback gig

Lily Allen recruited an array of stars for her first London show in three years, performing with Robbie Williams, Chris Martin and Keane's Tim Rice-Oxley during her five-song set at the Under One Roof charity show at Hammersmith Apollo last night (December 19)

Allen, dressed in a sparkling silver dress, opened her set performing 'The Fear' with Chris Martin on acoustic guitar and cheerleading – ''she's Number One!" Martin told the crowd. She then announced ''look who it is!" as Robbie Williams emerged to sing 'Dream A Little Dream' from his 'Swing Both Ways' album.

2013LilyAllen_ColdplayPA-18520246201213.jpg

After a performance of 'LDN' from her 2006 debut 'Alright, Still', she then played recent hit 'Hard Out Here', for which she was joined by gyrating dancers similar to those from the song's controversial video. Her short set closed with Keane's Tim Rice-Oxley joining her on piano to play Allen's cover of the band's 'Somewhere Only We Know' from the Christmas John Lewis advert, currently Number One in the charts.

The evening, organised by Coldplay in aid of the children's charity, also featured sets from Rizzle Kicks, magician Dynamo, Ricky Gervais' comedy band David Brent And Foregone Conclusion and Coldplay themselves, who played a 45-minute set of greatest hits and Christmas songs, including 'Viva La Vida', 'Clocks', 'Fix You', 'The Scientist' and 'Paradise'.

Lily Allen played:

'The Fear' (with Chris Martin)

'Dream A Little Dream' (with Robbie Williams)

'LDN'

'Hard Out Here'

'Somewhere Only We Know'

link

Wasn't it Smile she played for song 3 and not LDN?

this[/url]?

That wasn't my video, but that person must have been right around me. Possibly Oz? I'll ask him. It was so nice to meet you and hang out this week Tash.

Yes, I did basically get beat up by two obnoxious senior citizen French women at the barrier. Not very fair since I couldn't hit back. After all these concerts, there are still surprises. Probably the most chaotic Coldplay show I've ever been to, but seeing it with so many friends made it amazing. It was nice meeting all of you, as well as seeing old friends.

That wasn't my video, but that person must have been right around me. Possibly Oz? I'll ask him. It was so nice to meet you and hang out this week Tash.

Yes, I did basically get beat up by two obnoxious senior citizen French women at the barrier. Not very fair since I couldn't hit back. After all these concerts, there are still surprises. Probably the most chaotic Coldplay show I've ever been to, but seeing it with so many friends made it amazing. It was nice meeting all of you, as well as seeing old friends.

They were really annoying, but i think they were some hardcore fans (wich not means that you can act like a complete retarded fool of course) the lady on the right had event a tatoo on her arm: where do we go, nobody knows... Maybe god put a smily on her face, but I'm sure he didn't say steal other people their smile... What can you say, there are always too many fools on the earth :shocked2: But I think you enjoyed it still a little, was nice meeting you as well :laugh3: See you soon