✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Should Coldplay release LP6 without a single?

Mackplay

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm always scared when the first single of the new era comes out, so... I don't know, it's a feeling of fear and excitement at the same time. When Violet Hill came out I was really surprised in a good way because it was different to everything they done before and I liked it, but I didn't have the same feeling with Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall. So now I'm scared because I think: how will be their return 3 years later after knowing that Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall was their first single 3 years ago? Will it be better or worst? I guess that it will be very different for sure... Like the opposite maybe.

I actually have a feeling that Coldplay might give us little or no notice for the next album, or they might release no singles. Or both.

The album's rumoured to come out between March and June, right? And I know it's only coming to the end of January, but the announcement must be coming soon if it's coming at all.

I have a feeling we'll still be having this conversation in a month's time, or perhaps even two months. How much notice will be able to get then, especially when there are singles to be released? Or perhaps there won't be any singles at all.

Just an idea at the moment, but that's my opinion.

The album's rumoured to come out between March and June, right?

May-June

The Guardian: Arts preview 2014: blockbusters

Coldplay

When it comes to Coldplay's sixth album, there's nothing official out there. But rumours suggest the wheels are in motion for a 2014 comeback of some description: what with them playing small gigs in Somerset pubs and releasing music for the Hunger Games soundtrack. According to rumour, it'll be a May/June release, although we were particularly amused by the one that went out on a limb to predict that it might sound like "a mixture of new and old Coldplay".

link

May-June

The Guardian: Arts preview 2014: blockbusters

Coldplay

When it comes to Coldplay's sixth album, there's nothing official out there. But rumours suggest the wheels are in motion for a 2014 comeback of some description: what with them playing small gigs in Somerset pubs and releasing music for the Hunger Games soundtrack. According to rumour, it'll be a May/June release, although we were particularly amused by the one that went out on a limb to predict that it might sound like "a mixture of new and old Coldplay".

link

They've been on the LP6 thread haven't they? :|

:lol: Yeah but seriously, they mention several rumours and then say "the one that...": they could totally have gone to one place, read lots of different opinions from members, and the "mixture of old and new coldplay sound" sounds like anything I or any other member could have said :lol:

I do feel flattered, but I'm glad that some record label people finally start talking, so the media can stop stalking us :laugh3:

• 1 month later...