✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Should Coldplay release LP6 without a single?

Mackplay

With the worldwide success of 'BEYONCE', should Coldplay just go ahead and release LP6 in its entirety? Coldplay are huge album sellers and they don't usually sell many singles.

I think they should but unlike Beyoncé, they should give us a release date. They won't be the first band to do so either, My Bloody Valentine and Radiohead have done it before. And people will judge the album without being bias by the singles.

I think they are big enough to do it and have it work. You also gotta think that the industry suits are looking at these Bowie and Beyonce situations and saying to themselves, "hmmm. so we don't have to spend 4 months and a ton of cash to promote a major album release... we can just drop it out of nowhere one day and it will still make big bucks? Sounds good to me."

I would love that :wideeyed:

And Beyoncé's numbers are very encouraging so far, so perhaps it wouldn't scare their record label too much :nod:

Do you guys think there'll be less of those single-oriented songs if this were the case? That would be interesting.

Oh that's an interesting thought. I would say that there would probably still be a few of that kind of songs, to be able to carry the album for a little longer than the initial "blast". They'd still need airplay etc., otherwise the album could be forgotten in like 2 weeks (we don't know yet if it's going to be the case for Beyoncé, but it's still a possibility, considering how fast things go on the Internet nowadays).

I just really hoping they will not do the same they did with Mylo Xyloto album. When Mylo Xyloto released we already knew almost every single song in the album. That kills some of the album momentum for me. They played Paradise, Charlie Brown, Hurts Like Heaven, Us Against The World, Mylo Xyloto, ETIAW, Up in Flames, Major Minus thousand times before the official release. The only songs that were really new for us was Don´t Let It Break Your Heart, U.F.O and Up With The Birds. Only three songs!!!

It´s ok if they releases one or two single before the album come out. More than this could be just over the top again.

PS: Sorry for my english.:(

i don't see the idea behind a single these days.

Yes, a pre album single is the single which people are going to buy, but when the record is out, who is going to pay again money for the same song.. only different is the artwork IMO..

And then we have the collectors like me, yeah i'd love to have some more singles but the only thing you get of the promo cd's is intrumentals and radio edits.