✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Midnight

Telepian

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kmm1482

I have been. I enjoy letting songs play out over time. Other people get annoyed easily

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If someone likes a band because that band actually plays real instruments and then they suddenly stop playing instruments, then you'll stop liking that band. Or at least anything new they make.

Well, that's quite a limited point of view then. I don't like an artist/band because, for example, they make guitar-based or electronic music, but because I can feel some kind of emotion when listening to their work or I'm just intrigued by the music-writing abilities. Take, for example, Moby, who's been constantly switching between electronic and instrumental stuff: both sides of his work are just, in my opinion, amazing, even though the instrumentation/structure may be radically different.

so... according to the vote, this is one of the best Coldplay songs ever? :thinking: :sick: :no: :smash:

hmmm not really; if you make an average it's just a 6.99

and just Atlas was a 8.88

and I'm sure the rest got a higher average

I don't know if any of you are still worried about this being the direction they're going in with LP6, but there is no way they would make an entire album like how Midnight sounds. There are no drums or guitar in Midnight, and if they didn't need either of those instruments, there would be no need for Jonny and Will. They'd probably had split up if this were the case! Midnight has to be either just an experimental song, or maybe even an intro/outro song if it does make it onto LP6.

I was very shocked at the new sound at first, but I do really love the song. I think it'll just be an intro song on LP6, or more like a song just to introduce the new era (it would work great as an intro for the concerts as well). It reminds me of Bon Iver, or Isolated System by Muse.

arasuhun.jpg

"Just like I said in previous forum, this song need some more listens and then you start to like the song"

"I was shock when i first hear midnight, but after listening it for hours i'm getting used to it and starting to like it."

"The first time I heard it I was a bit in shock, but this song keeps growing on me. It's on repeat for the last couple of days now!"

"It took me a few listens to really grasp and get used to, but it grew on me and now I just love it."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These are a bunch of other quotes from the thread. I wasn't directing it at you.

Guest kmm1482

Doesn't matter who it was directed at. My point is still valid

Guest kmm1482

Oh crap! JUST checked iTunes and it was first album featured! Now listening to Magic

"Just like I said in previous forum, this song need some more listens and then you start to like the song"

"I was shock when i first hear midnight, but after listening it for hours i'm getting used to it and starting to like it."

"The first time I heard it I was a bit in shock, but this song keeps growing on me. It's on repeat for the last couple of days now!"

"It took me a few listens to really grasp and get used to, but it grew on me and now I just love it."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These are a bunch of other quotes from the thread. I wasn't directing it at you.

Doesn't matter who it was directed at. My point is still valid

[video=youtube_www;moSFlvxnbgk]www.youtube.com/watch?v=moSFlvxnbgk

Guest kmm1482

sorry. I already listened to that song twice. That means I can't listen to it anymore. People who listen to songs more than twice really annoy me.

I fell in love with Midnight from first listen. It´s a magical track indeed, but then again I do love that kind of Sigur Ros-like style, so I was thrilled to hear my favourite band giving their contribution to that genre. Ghost Stories is looking to be yet another totally different album, which makes me very happy indeed!

I have only heard Midnight once, and I did not feel like listening to it again in the near future (and I haven't still).

I have listened to Magic twice and it is running "in my head" - and I love this song and gave this song 10/10 in the poll. I have not participated in the Midnight poll as I still don't know what to think of it.