✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Midnight

Telepian

All I needed was to hear this song live . Now what I thought was a disappointment turns out to be what I now can't get out of my head with a haunting sound !! All 4 songs so far have been haunting in melody IMO , I'm really excited to see what is to come

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully this will be officially released and available to purchase tomorrow! (According to Amazon it will be)

Really?? Wow! I hope it´s true! I can´t wait to be able to buy it, instead of streaming from youtube all the time hehe

I just checked Amazon, and all the dates have been changed to May 19.

They changed the dates as soon as they realised their mistake. That doesn't mean there won't be another single release between now and 19 May.

To go back on what was said in the last page, I don't mind the song live (esp with the theatrics of the laser harp and all) but they (Chris) has gotta sort out the vocals somehow and perhaps lose the random chimp noises during the instrumental/rave bit

This is the first time they've been out as a band playing new songs, especially livestreamed for the universe to see, in a long time, so personally, for the first time, I think they and 'Midnight' were pretty freakin' great. I'm sure every song they play live for the first time needs to have some kinks ironed out. I was hopeful they would play it because I was very curious how they would pull it off with the effects and such, but all in all, I found it very interesting and very enjoyable! I love the song, it's haunting and different.

Had anyone else noticed how the lyrics

"and it hurts like hell when..." (from Fun, Natalie Imbruglia -written by Chris Martin)

"so lying underneath those..." (from Paradise)

and "when I'm rolling with the punches" (from Midnight)

have the exact same tune?

Had anyone else noticed how the lyrics

"and it hurts like hell when..." (from Fun, Natalie Imbruglia -written by Chris Martin)

"so lying underneath those..." (from Paradise)

and "when I'm rolling with the punches" (from Midnight)

have the exact same tune?

WTF...? What I just noticed now is that Fun from Natalie Imbruglia has exactly the same line of Hurts Like Heaven changing heaven from hell.

• 2 weeks later...

I admit that when I first listen to "Midnight" I was kinda of... what? But after listening countless times, Midnight really grown on me. It's something new, nothing we are used to get from them, but new is always better :P

I really love this song. I got shivers the first time i heard it. Even if its a bit different i still think it has a amazing atmosphere. I almost fall asleep when i listen to it, but in a good way:) I love that they change sound in every record. its good because they never get boring.

• 3 weeks later...