✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[11-Mar-2014] Coldplay @ iTunes Festival, ACL Moody Theatre, Austin, Texas, USA

Tash

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How long does it take itunes to make it available for watching on demand please? I can no longer resist youtube videos but i won't watch until i can see it in full length :bomb:

you might be out of luck on that. sometimes the re-broadcasts are edited, its entirely possible that it will be trimmed down. the fact that its taking so long is worrying me that it wont be up or it will be edited.

Coldplay Debut New Album Material At Lauded SXSW Comeback Show

The Brit rockers shared new songs from their upcoming 'Ghost Stories' album.

Last night, Coldplay took to the stage at Texas' South by Southwest Festival where they debuted new material from forthcoming album Ghost Stories alongside well-worn favourites. Support acts London Grammar and Imagine Dragons were big enough names for the crowd to pick out songs from each that they recognised but the former had the air of "evidently nervous musicians still working out how to feel comfortable commanding an audience," according to The Guardian's Tim Jonze.

Whereas Imagine Dragons "threw the kitchen sink at the audience in an attempt to make that vital emotional connection." Luckily for Coldplay, such effects come almost too naturally to the British rockers who seem to soundtrack every wedding first dance, graduation party, or Olympic triumph.

The bright outfits, flashing wristbands and graffiti set from the band's Mylo Xyloto era was dropped in favour of plain T shirts and dark jeans. "It was a surprisingly low key return for the biggest band in the world, if you can ever call performing an internet broadcast to an online audience of tens of millions low key," quips The Telegraph's Neil McCormick adding "Given the hype and expectation, it was like opening the Super Bowl with a lullaby."

"Even in stripped-back form, the songs proved powerful and persuasive," he adds. The Moody Theater in Austin, TX, may hold a mere 3,000 fans but this didn't mean Coldplay's gig was toned-down because of the crowd size. "Singalong world!" Martin shouted at one point, remembering the global audience watching the online live stream.

Led by the haunting lead track 'Midnight' that dropped a fortnight ago, Coldplay's new music marks a departure from the crashing piano ballads they've become synonymous with, in favour of melancholy synthwork and vocal distortion. Likened to that of indie artist Bon Iver, the new, Jon Hopkins-produced track made an appearance at SXSW and was performed cross-legged at the side of the stage with Martin hunched over a vocoder.

Coldplay made sure their old, well-loved songs weren't forgotten though, playing 'Fix You' in tribute to the Malaysian plane disappearance, alongside the euphoric 'Clocks.' The new Ghost Stories tracks 'Another's Arms' and 'Always In My Head' "stick to the Coldplay ethos of making music whose principle aim is to touch as many people as possible," says Jonze, meaning they went down pretty well.

"It was enough to demonstrate that Coldplay have the skill and confidence to dispense with all their usual songwriting tropes and still shoot straight for the heart," summarised The Guardian.

link

Coldplay Play New Song ‘Always In My Head’ at SXSW

Those lucky enough to get into Coldplay’s concert at South By Southwest last night (March 11) were given a first listen of the band’s upcoming album, Ghost Stories.

The band–who kicked off the first night of the iTunes Festival at the Austin fest– performed four news songs off the album including recently released the R&B swinging “Magic,” the Bon Iver-sounding “Midnight,” “Another’s Arms” and “Always in My Head.”

The latter was a sweet and slow groove that harkened back to their Parachutes days. On the little over 3-minute track, Chris Martins keeps things simple, there’s no vocal acrobatics here, singing straight from the heart, “You’re always in my head.”

link

Coldplay Preview New Album 'Ghost Stories' During iTunes Festival Launch

The 'Paradise' stars performed two new tracks during their gig at SXSW last night.

Coldplay performed two new songs from their forthcoming new album 'Ghost Stories' as they launched the iTunes Festival at South By Southwest (SWSW) last night (11th March).

The group recently announced details of their sixth studio LP and have released the songs 'Magic' and 'Midnight'.

Last night they opened their set with album opener 'Always In My Head' as well as the track 'Another's Arms'.

"We've been away a long time, and I can't think of a better way to come back into the world [than] in the intimate surroundings of Austin and just a couple of 100 people and the millions watching at home," he said – referencing the live stream of the show.

The group played 11 tracks in total at their show including crowd favourites 'Fix You', 'Clocks' and 'Viva La Vida'.

Coldplay will release their new album 'Ghost Stories' on 19th May.

link

i personally think Chris was sick.

his vocals were off slightly, and he didn't take many risks with his range, and got out of breath. it was safe, but still, coldplay greatness. even the best get sick.