✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[11-Mar-2014] Coldplay @ iTunes Festival, ACL Moody Theatre, Austin, Texas, USA

Tash

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's all watch until it's blocked! :wideeyed:

(P.S. good to be back here even for god knows how long)

Add the video's link to JDownloader, so you can download the video and if YouTube blocks it, you'll already got it on your computer :)

I'm sorry guys but I'm just disappointed. I was so excited to watch the show at 04:00 AM. I had a party before but all I thought about was their set. They were already late (as always, so that was nog a big deal) and I felt like there was something wrong with the band.

First of all: I really like the sound of the record. It's different, simple, but pure. The first minute of Always In My head sounded right to me. But it feels like Chris just didn't put a lot of effort in writing a good melody and good lyrics. I think they're terrible. I really like the chords, but I don't feel anything for the melody. To me it sounds like Chris is singing for the first time on it, improvising a melody.

But I like the band's presentation. They're back to basic, just the four boys playing music again. The MX-stage and smoke and mirrors were amazing, but this feels good. It brings me back to Live 2003. Paradise without all the lights and colours was cool.

Then Another's Arms. I just don't get it. The voice of that woman singing, I don't like it. And I don't like the melody: for me it's the same problem as with Always In My Head. 'Late night watching tv', come on. To me these words don't fit in the melody. I hope these are the weaker songs on Ghost Stories.

The 'old' stuff was nice, but not special. I was hoping for some older songs, or for some different versions of these hit-singles. Then there was Midnight. The band was doing really cool stuff. That bass-thing Guy was playing looked amazing. But Chris singing along with his own voice.. I was worried about that when the song came out a few weeks ago. When Rihanna 'sang' during Princess of China on the MX tour, I hated it. It doesn't feel real for some reason. Chris singing along with his own voice is just stupid in my opinion. I know that he did this a couple of times earlier in other tours, but not like this. I just don't know how to feel about it.

And then the length of the show. I've waited such a long time for a live concert and they played for 55 minutes or something. I can totally understand that they didn't play a lot of new songs, but they should've played 4 or 5 older songs more in my opinion. Just to make us happy, to show that they're back on the road. Sometimes it feels to me that they're playing shows by some rules or something. It's all directed very strictly. I'm still hoping that one day they'll think: ''Fuck this, we're gonna play a bunch of older, less-known tracks for three hours''.

So I guess I'm just a little bit scared for the new record and the new shows. And I know this was the first one so we shouldn't take it that seriously. But I was so excited before the show, and disappointed afterwards. Let's pray.