[11-Mar-2014] Coldplay @ iTunes Festival, ACL Moody Theatre, Austin, Texas, USA

Tash

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 March 2014 / submitted by Tyler, United States of America

Q. Hello there Oracle,

I bet you'll be getting this question a lot in the next few days: I just finished watching Coldplay perform for the iTunes Festival. When they finished with Midnight, was Guy... playing the lasers? Or perhaps he did not have a musical part and so decided to add to the theatrics of the show?

Thank you much.

THE ORACLE REPLIES >

That wasn't simply a case of great timed choreography; the lasers were Guy's musical part. You could see how the lasers and Guy's movements were in synch perfectly.

I predicted last night to Anchorman that it would be today's most asked question. It was - with another that I will get around to answering - and you were the first to ask it, sir.

If you saw Phil's tweet yesterday about "new toys", here is what that is.

Just woke up. Coldplay's in my hotel somewhere, but after yesterday I don't have the energy to go find them!

Those who are saying the audience sucked are correct - they were horrible. I noticed a few die hards and coldplayers, but a lot of people actually left after Imagine Dragons, and there were a lot of empty seats in the balcony! I was just frustrated by how the ticketing was run by iTunes for this. Most of the people in there just didn't care, and since it was free, it was just something else for them to do at SXSW.

Overall, though, it was a magical night for me -- the intimacy of the venue is something I'll probably never experience again with Coldplay. I lost it during Atlas and Midnight, and during the brief moments that I got to Viva chant with the coldplayer who got in last minute via the Standby line. It was a unique look at a new direction for the band, and I can't wait to see how the tour production sets up!

Those who are saying the audience sucked are correct - they were horrible. I noticed a few die hards and coldplayers, but a lot of people actually left after Imagine Dragons, and there were a lot of empty seats in the balcony! I was just frustrated by how the ticketing was run by iTunes for this. Most of the people in there just didn't care, and since it was free, it was just something else for them to do at SXSW.

Overall, though, it was a magical night for me -- the intimacy of the venue is something I'll probably never experience again with Coldplay. I lost it during Atlas and Midnight, and during the brief moments that I got to Viva chant with the coldplayer who got in last minute via the Standby line. It was a unique look at a new direction for the band, and I can't wait to see how the tour production sets up!

I'm glad you had a great time : )

just watched it...was it me or did the audience make more noise for the encore break then while they were on?

But i thought it was good show... bit weird having Chris's piano way on the side. couldnt stop laughing when the paper things blew out on them during ETIAW - think they were shocked with how much came out lol