✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

No "Ghost Stories" song?

Longinus

All of the past albums have included a track with the same name as the album, even if it's only a short little thing like "Parachutes" or "Mylo Xyloto." Ghost Stories doesn't appear to have one, at this point. Could it be one of the bonus tracks, or a hidden song? Or have they simply not bothered with that this time 'round?

Not only could it be a hidden track, but Target is exclusively selling the "Deluxe Edition" of the album, including three currently unknown songs...it could easily be one of those. Although I really wish the iTunes album I already pre-ordered came with those songs. Check it out: http://www.target.com/p/coldplay-ghost-stories-only-at-target/-/A-15261659#prodSlot=medium_1_18&term=Coldplay

Don't count on the hidden tracks. It is VERY probable that they will be live versions of songs that are already on the album. For example, that was the case in the special edition of MX which was released in Japan.

Regarding the lack of a song called Ghost Stories, there's always a first time. Probably, it was time for them not to include a song called as the album. Ghost Stories are the theme of the album. Hence, maybe that is why it is not featured as a song.

Don't know why it's surprising that the album isn't eponymous. Albums and EPs don't have to be named after tracks, you know! :P

I know, it's just different from all of their previous albums, which always featured some sort of title track. So it's a break in a pattern, whether that actually means anything or not.

• 3 weeks later...

19 March 2014 / submitted by Gabe, United States of America

Q. How come there is no self titled Ghost Stories track? Since every album so far has a self titled track. Thanks Oracle!

THE ORACLE REPLIES >

Who said there isn't? Maybe there is...

This just makes things even more confusing. Assuming that Ghost Stories is a hidden track now, why would they make it only available to Target customers in the US and not make it part of the regular track listing?

Pree sure the odds are that it is a hidden track. I mean, why would the oracle answer it in such an ambiguous way?

The oracle could very easily shut down that rumour like when someone asked whether they would play Glastonbury this year. I quote, "Coldplay are definitely not playing Glasto this summer". Boom, end of discussion.

When someone asked about the hidden track, the oracle could have easily shut it down and said "no, there was never a goal of trying to make a track with the same name as the album every time, blah blah blah." but no, he said maybe there is.

He didn't confirm it, but he sure as hell didnt deny it either when it could have been done easily.

As I said in other thread, I think that one of the bonus tracks will be Ghost Stories. Or maybe a hidden track, in honour to its name!

And like someone said, if there was only a rumour, the Oracle surely would have denied it, like when someone asked if Another's Arms was going to be a duet and the anwer was no.

WHAT IF.....the album is called "Ghost Stories" because every song has a hidden track that we don't know about yet, a ghost song if you will. :p

Good shout. That would be really cool :)

On Amazon they list Ghost Stories after 'O', but not like a song, more like.. an additional thing. Maybe the CD will come with a booklet/book full of ghost stories?