✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Always In My Head

Tash

• 1 month later...

This is random but Always In My Head is one of the best songs Chris has ever written; maybe even the best. And the production is just as beautiful as the vocal performance.

I don't really hold Coldplay up to a high artistic standard, but damn sometimes there's a stroke of genius and they just evoke the strongest emotions out of me.

And that is worthy of acclaim.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question about the intro to this song. At second 17 it really strikes me everytime as if I hear an error in the audio when the loop suddenly jumps... but why did they do that? It´s sounds bad to my ear... why not "flowing" into the next loop?

I have a question about the intro to this song. At second 17 it really strikes me everytime as if I hear an error in the audio when the loop suddenly jumps... but why did they do that? It´s sounds bad to my ear... why not "flowing" into the next loop?

Interesting, I really like that sudden jump of the loop, it sounds kind of outlandish and fitting. But I can see your point, it is rather abrupt.

• 1 month later...

"This, I guess. Is to tell you you're chosen, out from the rest."

That line pretty much sums up how I feel about this particular song. Combine it with the synthetic strings that accompany the song and it becomes a really emotive piece.

The only other song that comes close for me on this album is True Love. Don't get me wrong - I like most if not all of them, but I there's just a few that feel like they jerk more of a reaction out of you.

This is random but Always In My Head is one of the best songs Chris has ever written; maybe even the best. And the production is just as beautiful as the vocal performance.

I don't really hold Coldplay up to a high artistic standard, but damn sometimes there's a stroke of genius and they just evoke the strongest emotions out of me.

And that is worthy of acclaim.

Absolutely could not agree more. Was hands down my favourite track after a listen through once of all of GS. I just kept going back & back to this one. It's divinely perfect.

• 4 months later...

I was just listening to the debut version, live at iTunes festival and thought that the production is a tad too much for the studio version. I really like it still but doesn't seem to have the same impact as Oceans on the album for me.

• 7 months later...
  • 6 years later...

This song has a opening track of the album, give the tone of Chris personal journey in this album. Chris was very introspective so much in this song and you hear that his relationship was't did well with ''Gwyneth'' just to look the lyrical content when you listen this song, he refers has himself of this song and how sad he was of his situation in his vocals, so sad. The sadness of his voice in this song give the tone of his vocals in this album, so pure, but also very sad, painful, dark and agile in this album.

• Love 1

On 10/28/2015 at 7:43 PM, I ran away said:

Don't the voices say "Alchemy" because it is a commercial sample called Alchemists' Choir ?

This information is new to me.

For years I thought the voices said, "What Happened? What Happened? What Happened?"

It adds to the narrative that the song is somber about the breakup, like the narrator can't just get past this.

If it is "Alchemy", I'll have to get used to the fact I was wrong this entire time (years in fact).

I suppose it doesn't ruin the song, if I examine the album there's a song called 'Magic' so having whispering voices saying "Alchemy" goes with that theme. Do I think it's as powerful as "What Happened?",  Nope not at all. 

Edited by TealAppeal
Spelling

On 5/14/2022 at 4:43 PM, TealAppeal said:

This information is new to me.

For years I thought the voices said, "What Happened? What Happened? What Happened?"

It adds to the narrative that the song is somber about the breakup, like the narrator can't just get past this.

If it is "Alchemy", I'll have to get used to the fact I was wrong this entire time (years in fact).

I suppose it doesn't ruin the song, if I examine the album there's a song called 'Magic' so having whispering voices saying "Alchemy" goes with that theme. Do I think it's as powerful as "What Happened?",  Nope not at all. 

Maybe it helps that alchemy - the process of turning bad things into good, in a way - was always the main concept and "Alchemy" was in fact a working title for the album before they settled on Ghost Stories:

https://www.musictimes.com/articles/8569/20140809/coldplay-rihanna-back-studio-together.htm

• Thanks 1