✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Always In My Head

Tash

Maybe I am the only one who loved this as soon as it started? Definitely not a stand-out as Another´s Arms was for me, but it sounded very elegant, with an 80s vibe and Jonny does wonders throughout the song, he basically carries the whole song by himself, nearly! So happy to see him more and more prominent with every consecutive album.

I also think this introduces the album nicely, definitely thinking now that Ghost Stories will be mellow throughout, which I don´t mind cuz this is the kind of haunting mellow I LOVE! :)

i expected a little more for an album opener.. but it's quite a nice song! not the strongest lyrics haha, but it really reminds me of the parachutes & AROBTTH era.

but at the end of the video I expected some some guitar, bass and drums, to lift it up a little, so that's a little disappointing... :')

but at the end of the video I expected some some guitar, bass and drums, to lift it up a little, so that's a little disappointing... :')

Yeah I think starting with Atlas they have made a new trend of "the song that teases you but never explodes" hehe I think it´s ok for some songs on the album. If all of them were like this though I would definitely feel "unsatisfied" , but who knows...they have a way of weaving the melody in such a way that the whole song becomes pleasurable, without the need for a climax (yes ok this is starting to sound pervy so I´ll stop LOL)

:laugh3:

The climax in Atlas is very soothing and relaxing. It's not like in Fix You, but it doesn't have to be the same because the songs are very different.

There are similarities (lyricwise) e.g. "I will try to fix you" and "I'll carry your world" but there's a lot more desperation in Fix You because it's about sorrow. Atlas is about surviving (in a physical way) so it's more hopeful (that's the way I view them, but you can make the songs be anything you want them to be about)

Anyway, Always In My Head is a nice introducing song, not as great as Another's Arms though:D

Yeah I think starting with Atlas they have made a new trend of "the song that teases you but never explodes" hehe I think it´s ok for some songs on the album.

That doesn't sound to promising and I hope what you're saying isn't true. Because that magic "lift" in Coldplay songs is for me the one unique thing that makes Coldplay stand-out the most compared to other bands. But as you said, all songs doesn't need that "thing", but some songs really do and with this song it feels like the band is teasing us to wait for that "lift" when the guitar, drums etc. are kicking in. (Sorry if I'm not very good at expressing myself with musical terms for you all to understand but I hope you get a grip on what I'm trying to say ;) )

But for me overall this is a good song, a small step above OK but it's a big step away from great. I hope that it's more to this song than this, I would like to see them add like 1-2 minutes more in the end with the (well-mentioned) "lift", that would probably raise the song from good to great for me.

I loved this one from the second it started. The music is sooo good. And I feel like the song is floating. In my opinion its a really good album starter. Like someone said few posts before its so mellow but good mellow. If the rest of the album is like this I'm gonna love it.

I don't really like it. The music is good, I like the chords. But the melody is just not good at all to me. It feels like Chris is just singing something, improvising the melody. The lyrics are shit as well. I'm sorry but I'm just really disappointed in this song, also because they started the concert with this.

After another listen, I think it is a decent show opener, but definitely not the greatest. The beginning strings get me amped up, but then I kind of just feel ok and relaxed. I was hoping that the show opener would really grab you and be loud, saying "We're back!" Pretty much like Hurts Like Heaven. We will see though. It kind of works with a slower song and then going into something big like Charlie Brown. The way I think of it is that we have no control of what Coldplay do or how they do it, so just enjoy it :) Also, this could have just been a test run to see what it would be like with opening with Always In My Head. If I remember correctly, for Rock IM Park, they opened with Charlie Brown, but changed it to MX-HLH. I feel like they are still sorting things out, and even though that the Ghost Stories Era has started, I feel like we are still in a transition. So MX is still somewhat there. The people who were not die hard fans there probably knew Paradise, Charlie Brown, and Teardrop. I think this won't reflect the setlist for a tour, but who knows.