✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Always In My Head

Tash

I love this song so much! Once the album is out, I'm going to have it on repeat.

The intro, the lyric, and the longing feeling are just so perfect. When I watch their performance at SXSW, the song gave me such a strong feeling. It is indeed the perfect opener for the GS era.

Can you guys distinguish Apple's voice from the recordings we have available?

Hahaha I know It's hard to figure out but after listening for 13591350 times each version we have, yes, we can!

Our best source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b041t8vr

Zane plays it exactly on 01:10:15. Keep going:

*Marvelous intro*

*Chris makes strange noise*

*Stop talking already*

"I think of you

(~ooohhh~)I haven't slept (Apple on background here)

I think I do, buuuuuuuuut(~oooohhhh~) (Apple on background here too)

I don't forget"

And there's more at the same point of the next verse.

(By the way, let me say, for the 1000th time I think: this song breaks me.)

I am not really sure that's her. Seems like the same voice that in Another's Arms. Probably a computer-based voice.

I understood from the interview that she sang during the intro, not throughout in the song.

You could be right, though. But I guess we will never know.

I am not really sure that's her. Seems like the same voice that in Another's Arms. Probably a computer-based voice.

I understood from the interview that she sang during the intro, not throughout in the song.

You could be right, though. But I guess we will never know.

Well, see, it's not the entire ~ooohh~ I think it's her singing. There's the background, that sounds like a synth to me, and then there's this stronger ~oohh~ that may he ber. But you could be right you know. But I think the voice on Anothers Arms is very strong while in Always in My Head it's smooth, I find it hard to be the same person but who could know. Also, there's O in the ending of the interview too (I mean the ending part, that seems to be the real O, not Fly on, that's the beginning :confused:) where Chris said Apple sang too, there's that "Ahhhh Ahhhh" in the background that sounds like the specific voice on Always in my Head.

But hey I'm totally saying that by a radio recording. It will be easier to find out once we have studio quality. But listen again, with headphones if possible. I'm almost sure it's her.

Well, see, it's not the entire ~ooohh~ I think it's her singing. There's the background, that sounds like a synth to me, and then there's this stronger ~oohh~ that may he ber. But you could be right you know. But I think the voice on Anothers Arms is very strong while in Always in My Head it's smooth, I find it hard to be the same person but who could know. Also, there's O in the ending of the interview too (I mean the ending part, that seems to be the real O, not Fly on, that's the beginning :confused:) where Chris said Apple sang too, there's that "Ahhhh Ahhhh" in the background that sounds like the specific voice on Always in my Head.

But hey I'm totally saying that by a radio recording. It will be easier to find out once we have studio quality. But listen again, with headphones if possible. I'm almost sure it's her.

Awesome. Thanks!

Sounds like Chris and Apple (and Mabel?) + bit of synth. He did say in the Zane Lowe interview that he, Apple and Mabel sang it together