✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Always In My Head

Tash

The song is fucking beautiful. It's their best opener. I'm absolutely in love with it.

The lyrics are really strong. They're simple as hell but they perfectly capture that kind of longing feeling you get when you are grieving or missing something (in Chris' case, the breakup). Oh and the guitar riff and the ambient sounds and the synths, yeah I love this song.

"This, I guess, is to tell you you're chosen out from the rest."

Fantastic.

During the Zane Lowe interview, when they started playing the intro, my heart started beating faster. Like the synths triggered something. Then the moment Chris sang that first line... "I think of you..." I teared up. It felt so... so, genuine. Almost sad, and it hit me like a speeding truck. I can't wait for this album. 3 weeks is gonna feel like an eternity.

Guest howyousawtheworld

The lyrics mean something. They are profound and are delivered in a profound manner. The studio version sounds gorgeous and exceeds that of the live version for me.

Chris voice is so good, but I'm not into this song yet (the live version sounds better).

Agreed. :thinking: I don't like how the drums and guitar have been pushed more to the background, I really liked how they stood out in the live versions. Johnny and Will are so talented and that shouldn't be repressed.

Edit: I heard the beginning of the studio version during the interview on Zane's laptop and I'm much more happy, the guitar is less prominent in the part of the song that is up on soundcloud. Still, the drums though

The song is fucking beautiful. It's their best opener. I'm absolutely in love with it.

The lyrics are really strong. They're simple as hell but they perfectly capture that kind of longing feeling you get when you are grieving or missing something (in Chris' case, the breakup). Oh and the guitar riff and the ambient sounds and the synths, yeah I love this song.

"This, I guess, is to tell you you're chosen out from the rest."

Fantastic.

Yes! You read my mind. I've never connected so deeply with a Coldplay song before.

The intro of this song absolutely steals my heart; it's basically everything I could've imagined the opening for Ghost Stories would've been. I can relate to the lyrics of this song because I've been there before and so have many of us. Also, that guitar is amazing :)