✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[21-Mar-2014] Coldplay @ Sony Pictures Studios, Los Angeles, USA

Tash

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tumblr_n2upcwbEST1qalueco1_1280.jpg

Last night was so beautiful! Finally saw Coldplay for the first time and it was the best way to experience it. Secret show, intimate setting, confetti stars, and they played their new album for us. Once in a lifetime experience! Going to treasure it forever.

link

After watching Coldplay's video shoot for the NBC special to air in a month, there is no doubt Ghost Stories is going to be special. You feel it the moment you step off the studio lot and into a dark room with bare trees lit by candles, set like a midnight forest.

The film being produced with the concept album brings to mind many possible story lines. Are the lyrics referring to the life of an enduring love and eternal hope or to the ending of hopes, dreams and life itself. It will take a closer listen to figure it out or wait for the band to tell us the meaning of the new album.

But this much is certain. Coldplay remains a great band because it keeps challenging itself to test new concepts while holding on to the childlike qualities than fans find endearing. Guy Berryman -- whose influence can be heard on these tracks -- runs his hands through laser beams to play the baseline of “Midnight,” Will Champion plays the boss even though Chris Martin is managing the stage, Jonny Buckland is quiet Jonny, and Chris leaps to new heights in an aerial display of his agility that we’ve come to know from large stages. The self-deprecating humor and charm endure.

There is so much more to be said about the Coldplay of 2014 and whether the music reflects a new level of maturity and introspection -- a Peter Pan-like fantasy against the backdrop of real human emotions about love and self-esteem.

Without any tour dates set, it is difficult to see how the theater-in-the-round setting an the intimacy of the new songs will lend themselves to large stage productions. The current set is truly an enchanting one that all true Coldplayers should see.

I am lucky enough to be able to return to the sound stage this afternoon to get another look and take it all. As always, whenever I see them, I hope the next time I see them is sooner than later.

See you soon Coldplay!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p>A massive thank you to everyone that was able to come and help us at Sony studios. We are blessed with the greatest fans on earth. CM</p>— Coldplay (@coldplay) <a href="https://twitter.com/coldplay/statuses/447775299955351552">March 23, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Just wanted to thank everyone for their help along the way! What a great show! I hope everyone had as wonderful a time as I did. It was great to meet so many of you! :) Catch you at the next show?

question to anyone who attended either fridays or saturdays gigs. during the saturday "video shoot", after they performed Sky Full of Stars Phil Harvey came on stage and told Chris, and all of us, that we were the audience he envisioned and then they resang the song. I guess this could have been because we went real crazy during that song. My question is if they did this at any of the other gigs.

thanks

This Question is for someone who was at the show;

Do any of the songs from Ghost Stories sound like the instagram video posted on Coldplay's account from Rik Simpson's Hotel Room?

Thanks!

You know, it sounds *kind of* like Sky Full of Stars, but the full song isn't as synthy. And that was just a very bit of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Selling a poster for $600 is just as pathetic.

I know. I would have loved a poster. They were cool. But the buttons were a give away to everyone Friday and Saturday, not Sunday. I wonder if people think the signatures are real and not copies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk