✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

How much of Ghost Stories is about Gwyneth?

nathondetroit

The news is recent, their marriage not going well isn't. They wrote this album while Chris' relationship suffered, there is no way around that. The songs are open to interpretation of course, but this is too much of an impact on his life to not have a direct influence on his songwriting.

I think it's a bit ironic that they've always kept their private lives separate from their professions, and now that they're splitting, this album will inevitably be linked to their private lives. Listening to this album will be a painful experience to my heart.

good point, me too

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, it completely is. This is an incredibly personal album: - "This, I guess, is to tell you you're chosen, out from the rest" This album. Its pretty much a love letter to Gwyneth in my opinion. But, its also about letting love someone go BECAUSE you love them, unconditionally. Even if they've moved on. Its a break up album, sure, but its also about the strength of love, and that love does go on, because if you really love someone you don't want any harm to come from them, which is why A Sky Full of Stars and Fly On, are so beautiful. He's realised that hey, Gwyneth is gone, but he's also realised, I still love her and I always will, so I want her to know that. I can keep going. "You're amazing, and I need to improve a bit". So lovely. Ahhh. There were moments where I felt like I was intruding into someone's private life, but by the end, I just wanted to give Chris a hug and say how proud I am of him.

aahhhh, gotta love him. Personally, I don't know how Gwyneth hasn't jumped on him yet ... but then, Fly On, is kind of like, letting her go a bit. Ohh, so complex and gorgeous.

Once upon a time there was a brilliant songwriter...

Who summoned all his magic powers to keep the fair princess in his kingdom.

He set about to write the most beautiful music that would surely win her back...

But it was not to be.

After watching the animated album, It definitely hit home for me during the lyrics, "This, I guess, is to tell you you're chosen." As Chris sings these final AIMH lyrics, the image zooms out and we see the full mural for the first time. For me, this means that the entire album is a tribute to their story from beginning to end. This is the story of their souls changing forever. Even if its in an abstract, fictional form...

Well was it confirmed by Chris that album is about his ex-wife? I didn't remember nothing like that. And mostly all pop songs about love, feelings, emotions, etc. So while divorce may influence GS, they are not kids, hell I'm himself don't have such strong feelings like 10 years ago. And why it's nothing about kids? When your love to woman has faded, your kids will be always a bright side and your biggest love, we don't see a single reflection about this in GS.

Of course it's cool to post about a divorce right before release to boost sales, but I think it didn't influence like many of us are thinking. It's too poetically, isn't it?

While I believe it's not good to pry in peoples business its hard not to accidently when listening to Ghost Stories you kinda get sucked into their world and all I can say is Chris and Gwyneth I hope they get back together soon or eventually because they have lots of good memories and lovely children and that never dies out somewhere somehow the flame should still burn there's no great expectation just familar love.. Now back to minding my own business lol..

While I believe it's not good to pry in peoples business its hard not to accidently when listening to Ghost Stories you kinda get sucked into their world and all I can say is Chris and Gwyneth I hope they get back together soon or eventually because they have lots of good memories and lovely children and that never dies out somewhere somehow the flame should still burn there's no great expectation just familar love.. Now back to minding my own business lol..

I completely agree. It's hard not to feel a little heartbroken after hearing the album!

It is obviously about the relationship. I listened to it several times already and you can see the progression from light and airy, to dark and back up to a hopeful place. The lyrics hit home and very deeply if you look at it in this context. Watch the Zane Lowe interview and just from things he said, you will see the album is all about them.

• 2 weeks later...