✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[25-Apr] E-Werk, Cologne, Germany - Links in 1st post -SHOW TIME 9PM (GERMAN TIME)

Jenjie

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Hi again!

Recently, two German radio stations aired the Cologne concert again. Did anyone tape this? Unfortunately, I didn't see it earlier.

hr1 played some songs and mixed them with Coldplay Live 2012

http://www.hr-online.de/website/radio/hr1/index.jsp?rubrik=16150&key=standard_document_51792249

NDR 2 played the full concert (but not ASFOS)

http://www.ndr.de/ndr2/sendungen/radiokonzert/Coldplay-im-Radiokonzert,coldplay596.html

I am especially keen on listening to GPASUYF because it was really incredible when I was at the concert.

Anybody?

I could record it and I posted the download link in the media section now :)

Did anyone film GPASUYF, The Scienitist or ASFOS?

Now that we have the audio for the two "missing" songs, we could make a good sounding video for the encore if there is enough material available. I think the whole show without the encore has already been posted in brilliant quality.

• 10 months later...

"Please don't put it on YouTube" - One Year ago Today: Coldplay kicks off mini Ghost Stories World Tour with show in Cologne and premiers "A Sky Full Of Stars"

It was a warm, some may even say hot, spring day - the 25th April 2014. Coldplay fans all around the world waited for this day for quite a while. The first real concert since the end of the MX stadium shows. After all the excitement and waiting for Ghost Stories it was finally time for the guys to hit the stage again. And since the first hour of the show was broadcasted on german radio 1live, fans everywhere in the world had the chance to hear what was going on in a small, i don't even know what to call it - lets just say building, filled with 2000 fans who were lucky enough to "win" a ticket in general sale or literally won a ticket on the before mentioned radio station.

The minute the show kicked off with "Always in my head" it became not just clear to me but to everyone else. All the fighting for tickets the past week was worth it. After the second song "Charlie Brown", and the guys rocking the small stage, the air in the building was even hotter (if that's possible). The Setlist also featured "Paradise" from MX, classics like "Clocks", "Fix You", "Viva la Vida" and others.

With only about 2000 people in the building everyone was right in front of Chris, Guy or Jonny. I don't think you can get any closer during a concert. Front row seats for everyone.

After 60 minutes the "official" part of the concert ended with "ETIAW" and after that it was just us, no more radio, only 2000 lucky people. No one listening in Australia, Brazil or somewhere else in the world.

Time for coldplay to give everyone a very special treat that made the night even more unique. The world premiere of "A Sky Full Of Stars" only for the privileged people in the E-Wark Cologne.

Oh boy, what a special memory to have. Being among the first people ever to hear a new song. You don't have that very often.

That and the extreme private feeling of this show made it so unique like no other. With (probably) an upcoming arena tour at the end of this year and likely a huge stadium tour next year you really appreciate this chance to get up close even more.

Even tough i can't wait to stand in the middle of 50.000 people and feel the very special atmosphere of that moment, i really liked the atmosphere back then, a year ago, when coldplay performed in front of only a couple of thousand fans in cologne and i had the privilege to be one of them. Certainly a hot spring day i will never forget.

DSC_9820aa.jpg

Happy One Year Anniversary! :drinking: