✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[25-Apr] E-Werk, Cologne, Germany - Links in 1st post -SHOW TIME 9PM (GERMAN TIME)

Jenjie

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that's only logical, you've only been here for a month and I haven't been online much lately.

Nice to meet you. I'm Ellen ;)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9300 met Tapatalk

Ahhhh, so you're like "famous" because of this forum. :D

Was a bit surprised because I've been a fan of Coldplay for I don't know how long and never heard of you guys when everybody in here talked about you.

All cool, nice to meet you, Ellen. :)

[25-Apr] E-Werk, Cologne, Germany - Links in 1st post -SHOW TIME 9PM (GERMAN ...

?

Don't get me wrong. I would've payed 200 € aswell. So im fine with 90 € for a concert of my favourite band :) But now i cant wait to see them again :(

Absolutely. Couldn't have spent 90€ better.

Your next chance is paris :D

I'm not sure if i should try to get tickets for Paris/London or wait for the real tour to start.

Sent via Tapatalk

REVIEW

That's all I can manage now. My body is now reminding me PRETTY HARD to get to sleep, and let my muscles rest :dead: So, if you have any specific questions, I'll try to remember.

Good night, Batman out~

I literally read this eating a pizza like is was a movie. Thanks for posting :)

Absolutely. Couldn't have spent 90€ better.

Your next chance is paris :D

I'm not sure if i should try to get tickets for Paris/London or wait for the real tour to start.

Sent via Tapatalk

Paris is way too far for me :( i just hope there will a new tour soon with many locations in germany :)

Yes, Last night was amazing! I never stood so close to the band (2nd row).

The long wait in line was totally worth it. And it was nice to meet some fellow coldplay fans.

My favourite new song is Anothers arms, i like the the guitar part in it. And i loved that they played a sky full of stars. I couln't remember the melody anymore, right after the gig. But this morning it suddenly popped into my head, although i'm not sure it really sounds like that. So now i'm actually even more curious how the real version sounds like.

So, finally I have found some time to upload my photos. The concert was perfect! I do not have much to add to Thalia's review I think. I was there at about 1 pm as I could not be there earlier, but the wait was still long enough. The weather was unbelievable - seemed like the middle of summer instead of end of April, very unusual for Germany! Good thing I brought sunscreen to share. It was great to meet some other Coldplayers including Tash :heart:

Looking at the live-blog I still wonder how we could miss Anchorman taking that picture of us in front of the doors. There was a guy in a pink shirt who kept coming out taking pictures, maybe that was him? If yes, he looks totally different than I imagine him.

As you know we ended up in front row - I was actually in second row, but that was fine as I had enough space and the view was the same. Directly in line of Chris ;)

I can only think of one word to describe the stage set up - "charming" :wink2: The stars reminded me of the stars the kids in Germany make in pre-school around christmas. But at that point I did not know yet that they would light up. They had writing on them - looked like lyrics but I cannot say for sure. And the trees looked like deco for a school play, too. But when the lights came on the "charming" was instantly replaced by "magnificient". Amazing what can be done with stage lighting!

I must say it was very strange to have a Coldplay concert without "99 problems" and the BTTF-track. It simply started :blank:

To me the concert was perfect. Right at the start Chris looked and pointed at me and laughed, I think it was because I was wearing my Coldplay scarf. Whatever it was - when Chris Martin laughes at you you laugh back and so I did ;)

I loved the new tracks - I liked Magic live much better than the studio version, Oceans was beautiful and Midnight was heaven. I am so happy they manage to pull that track off live. I had expected it to be at the end of the set-list, though.

Some of you mentioned that Chris and Jonny were not running around as much as usual but I think that was completely due to lack of space. I mean compared to the MX-tour this stage was TINY. And all that massive high-tech stuff was crammed in there, too, which meant lots of cables and impressing looking things cluttering the space. Also it was quite clear that the new stuff is not routine yet which made it all the more interesting ;).

What else? I got a plectrum, too, as it fell just next to my foot and everyone looked in the wrong space ;)

Oh, and the 1live interview of Thalia and Claudia was so funny in the end - the guy asked "what were your highlights of the show tonight?" So I expected Thalia to say something like "hearing ASFOS for the first time" or similar, but no, Thalia says: "two times eye contact with the singer, Chris Martin, one time eye contact with the drummer and one time with Jonny" and Claudia adds: "Oh, and Guy laughed". I had to laugh so much as the interview-guy was so totally lost with these answers ;)

Well, this review got longer than I thought it would.anyway now for my pictures - I am putting them in spoilers as there are quite a lot. Not very good quality, though, the professional ones will be way better, but maybe you still enjoy them:

Before the concert:

Thalias Xylobands

P4250020.jpg

Signs & Ghosts ;)

P4250022.jpg

P4250023.jpg

P4250026.jpg

P4250027.jpg

It was HOT!

P4250030.jpg

P4250035.jpg

Concert:

Matt (I think)

P4250050.jpg

P4250053.jpg

P4250065.jpg

P4250066.jpg

P4250067.jpg

Will:

P4250072.jpg

P4250077.jpg

P4250078.jpg

Magic:

P4250081.jpg

P4250085.jpg

P4250086.jpg

P4250088.jpg

P4250089.jpg

P4250092.jpg

P4250093.jpg

Midnight:

P4250109.jpg

P4250110.jpg

P4250112.jpg

P4250120.jpg

Another's Arms:

P4250123.jpg

P4250124.jpg

Viva:

P4250131.jpg

P4250132.jpg

P4250136.jpg

P4250137.jpg

P4250140.jpg

P4250143.jpg

P4250148.jpg

P4250149.jpg

P4250153.jpg

P4250162.jpg

P4250163.jpg

P4250164.jpg

P4250167.jpg

P4250172.jpg

P4250174.jpg

P4250178.jpg

Confetti :)

P4250184.jpg

P4250185.jpg

P4250186.jpg

"Please do not record this!"

P4250189.jpg

P4250191.jpg

P4250192.jpg

P4250197.jpg

P4250199.jpg

P4250200.jpg

Spoils:

P4260214.jpg

Thank you for all your reviews and pictures. Thalia's review made me laugh several times: It was so detailed so that I almost felt like being at the concert myself.

And also thank you for the links to the streaming / radio transmissions so that I and other coldplayers could hear most of the concert as well.

I will take a look at the German reviews (links posted in post 1468 on page 98).

It turns out that pictures and text of Muenstersche Zeitung are identical with pictures and text in emsdettener Volkszeitung - so I start with this.

I do not have so much time for the time being as it is beautiful summer weather in Copenhagen, and I am helping a friend of mine removing weeds from her garden so I have not been / am not much home this week-end.

I have heard today's concert via a link (the last 8 minutes from Spain and then all of it from the Netherlands at 21 cet).

Many of the new songs have grown on me - I liked Magic right away. I did not like Midnight at all, but now I like it very much. I also like the other new songs.

I will be back with some edited reviews (general press coverage of the concert later (maybe tonight, maybe Sunday evening or Monday).

@ Danceteacher:

You know I always love your pre-concert photos for two reasons:

1) They capture the excitement of the fan-madness perfectly :lol: And all the stuff that we are doing before the actual concert.

2) YOU ARE ALWAYS SO SNEAKY WHILE TAKING THEM, I didn't even realise you were taking pictures of us at half of the photos :surprised:

and OMG the interview later on, HAHAHA! I totally fan-ed all over him, he was probably thinking like "what she fuck is she even talking about?!" :lol:

But you know what's even more surprising? All of my "eye-contact" gushing actually made it into the broadcast o__o

Here's the link if you want to lol a little:

http://www.einslive.de/codebase/ajax/audio.jsp;jsessionid=EFB2C19944DB0C0F13A933D1BBA3722E.1live1?dslSrc=%2fmusik%2fextras%2f2014%2fcoldplay%2f140426_coldplay_radiokonzert_nb_wdr.mp3&cfgFile=%2fcodebase%2fplayer%2fblack%2fskin.cfg&autoPlay=true&red=1live

Oh yeah and the man who interviewed us thought Guy was the drummer LOLOMG :facepalm:

Marcel, if you're reading this... I even TOLD YOU THE NAMES! :lol:

http://www.muensterschezeitung.de/leben-und-erleben/bilder/cme160141,4652961

Vor rund 2000 Besuchern stand Sänger Chris Martin beim exklusiven Club-Konzert im Kölner E-Werk am 25.04.2014 auf der Bühne. (Foto: dpa)

Coldplay in Köln: Bild 1 von 8 - Münstersche Zeitung - Lesen Sie mehr auf:

http://www.muensterschezeitung.de/leben-und-erleben/bilder/cme160141,4652961#plx2132766075

Coldplay in Köln

25.04.2014, Köln Bei einem Exklusivkonzert im Kölner E-Werk hat die britische Band Coldplay ihr neues Album "Ghost Stories" vorgestellt. Das Konzert ist eines von sieben weltweiten Auftritten der Band anlässlich der Veröffentlichung ihres sechsten Studioalbums. Es soll am 16. Mai in Deutschland erscheinen. Weitere Konzerte sind in Baden-Baden, Los Angeles, New York, London, Paris und Tokio geplant.

Coldplay in Köln: Bild 1 von 8 - Münstersche Zeitung - Lesen Sie mehr auf:

http://www.muensterschezeitung.de/leben-und-erleben/bilder/cme160141,4652961#plx752661225

English translation:

http://www.muensterschezeitung.de/le...160141,4652961

Singer Chris Martin was on stage in front of an audience of about 2,000 people at the exclusive club concert in Cologne's "Kölner E-Werk" on 25.04.2014 (Photo: dpa) - text below picture 1 (8)

"Ghost Stories" – that is the title of the new album on which singer Chris Martin’s voice can be heard. (Photo: dpa) – Text below picture 2 (8)

The band presented the songs off the sixth studio album at a moving/emotional live gig at which – to the fans’ delight – also several of Coldplay’s many big hits were played. Whether it was »Clocks«, »Paradise« or »Viva la Vida« - all the time, the enthusiastic audience sang along and clapped their hands in Cologne’s “E-Werk”. (Photo: dpa) – text below picture 3 (8)

Coldplay is regarded as one of today’s most successful international rockbands and has many fans in Germany. (Photo: dpa) – text below picture 4

The group around singer Chris Martin made it to number one in the German charts with their four latest studio albums. (Photo: dpa) - text below picture 5

In addition to the gig in Cologne, the band has another German concert in front of a small audience on Saturday. Titled “A Magic Night With Coldplay« the band will perform in front of only 100 fans at a radio concert in Baden-Baden's "E-Werk”. (Photo: dpa) - text below picture 6

The show seemed to be over, but then Coldplay singer Chris Martin had a little surprise for the audience of about 2,000 people at the exclusive club concert in Cologne’s “E-Werk” Friday evening. »The radio broadcast is now over, we are now just us. Please, do not film what happens next with your mobile phone«, said the singer of the British rockband. (Photo: dpa) - text below picture 7

What the fans then heard, was the worldwide live premiere of the song »A Sky Full of Stars« - one of the few songs off the new album »Ghost Stories«, that Coldplay had not played at any of their recent gigs. (Photo: dpa) - text below picture 8

Coldplay in Cologne

25.04.2014, Cologne the British band Coldplay has introduced their new album "Ghost Stories" to the public at an exclusive concert at E-Werk, Cologne (Kölner E-Werk). The concert is one of seven world-wide performances by the band on the occasion of the release of their sixth (6.) studio album. The album will be released on 16 May in Germany. Other concerts are planned to take place in Baden-Baden, Los Angeles, New York, London, Paris and Tokio.

Coldplay in Cologne: 8 pictures - Münstersche Zeitung (Munich newspaper) – read more on:

http://www.muensterschezeitung.de/leben-und-erleben/bilder/cme160141,4652961#plx752661225

Personally, I don't think the ticket price has to be justified with a long set. They're performing very few concerts in very tiny venues. The rarity of the occasion alone justifies the admittedly very high price, I think. You don't pay for a long concert, you pay for the opportunity of seeing one of the biggest bands in the world that close.

Couldn't agree more!