✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[5-May-2014] Beacon Theatre, New York, USA

Jenjie

Someone please help!!! So when I heard about the ticket limit I thought it was per TRANSACTION. I didnt know it was for total tickets. I got an email saying that they are reviewing everyone's tickets to check limits and they reserve the right to cancel one or both tickets. I only ordered 4 (2 for a friend and 2 for me!) Does anyone know what to do??? I called Ticketmaster but they said nothing can be done...has anyone run into a similar problem or dealt with this before!? THANKS!!!

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone please help!!! So when I heard about the ticket limit I thought it was per TRANSACTION. I didnt know it was for total tickets. I got an email saying that they are reviewing everyone's tickets to check limits and they reserve the right to cancel one or both tickets. I only ordered 4 (2 for a friend and 2 for me!) Does anyone know what to do??? I called Ticketmaster but they said nothing can be done...has anyone run into a similar problem or dealt with this before!? THANKS!!!

Since you've already called Ticketmaster and they said nothing can be done about it, really the only thing you can do now is just hope and pray that the tickets don't get taken back. :/

I've purchased tickets through Private Pass with my mother's Citi card and I have never had to show ID at the door to pick up tickets at Will Call. I've had them under my name or I've had them shipped to my home after purchasing; or electronic tickets.

Since you've already called Ticketmaster and they said nothing can be done about it, really the only thing you can do now is just hope and pray that the tickets don't get taken back. :/

Since you "'fessed up" to your mistake maybe they'll be lenient and let you keep a pair. Assuming you used the same credit card for both transactions it seems like they should be able to tell easily and block people who have more than one transaction. Or to block tickets sent to same street or electronically to same e-mail address(e-mail confirmations would count too) Seems like an easy way to help block scalpers?? NOT that I'm saying you are!

I've gone over the ticket limit, called Ticketmaster immediately, and after a little back and forth they cancelled the extra transaction. Try calling them again... they'll do it. Otherwise, it'll get cancelled when they do the ticket limit sweep and they only way you'll know is to check your order status to see which one got cancelled.

I've purchased tickets through Private Pass with my mother's Citi card and I have never had to show ID at the door to pick up tickets at Will Call. I've had them under my name or I've had them shipped to my home after purchasing; or electronic tickets.

In this case for the second show you'll be able to get e-tickets.

I didn't get tickets for the 9:00PM show - hoping to get tickets for the 5:00PM show with the Citi card.

Sorry! That's what I meant. It was the second show added, but really, it's the *first* show of the day...

I suggest trying for single tickets... they were a lot easier to pull for the first show than pairs!

Anyone have experience with the Beacon Theatre? I just picked up a second ticket (way over face value) for Orchestra 3 Row Y. That seems pretty far back and off to the side, but I needed a second one for a friend and it came up less than all of the others. Just wondering if that's going to end up being a terrible seat or not? Thanks!

My husband and I each purchased tickets using the same credit card from Ticketmaster Wednesday for the 9pm show. I purchased a single ticket and he puchased two tickets. We just received notice from Ticketmaster that the single ticket transaction has been cancelled. I guess they really are reviewing the transactions and sticking to the two ticket limit. On the good side of things, that means my original single ticket purchase will likely be available for sale again, so I would keep checking with Ticketmaster.

Also, we have yet to receive the actual tickets so I don't understand how people are reselling them on the re-sell websites. I would be interested as some friends of mine recently purchased 4 etickets for a concert from a reseller, got to the venue and had 20 people come to their seats with the same etickets = 24 people paid a scalper for the same 4 seats. The venue eventually gave them new seats, which was nice on their part, but they missed about half the show. I've had good luck in the past buying from resellers but after their nightmare I'm afraid.

My husband and I each purchased tickets using the same credit card from Ticketmaster Wednesday for the 9pm show. I purchased a single ticket and he puchased two tickets. We just received notice from Ticketmaster that the single ticket transaction has been cancelled. I guess they really are reviewing the transactions and sticking to the two ticket limit. On the good side of things, that means my original single ticket purchase will likely be available for sale again, so I would keep checking with Ticketmaster.

Also, we have yet to receive the actual tickets so I don't understand how people are reselling them on the re-sell websites. I would be interested as some friends of mine recently purchased 4 etickets for a concert from a reseller, got to the venue and had 20 people come to their seats with the same etickets = 24 people paid a scalper for the same 4 seats. The venue eventually gave them new seats, which was nice on their part, but they missed about half the show. I've had good luck in the past buying from resellers but after their nightmare I'm afraid.

You're right to be cautious about resellers though Stubhub seems legit. If the original sellers;Ticketmaster,Ticketfly etc did more to crack down on scalpers these things wouldn't happen as often. It can't be that difficult. The cynical part of me thinks these sites sell original tickets and get a cut from the $$ the resellers get. A ton of seats go to the resellers which causes the real fans to miss out and have to take a chance buying tickets they can't be 100% confident are real. I've ended up buying from resellers when I couldn't get them legitimately because I couldn't face missing a show but it definitely doesn't feel great.

Do you need to pay with a Citi card or just have the 6 digits?

(nevermind, just realised you need to show them the card at the door)

Oh, where did you see that? Does the owner of the card need to be there?

They might not allow anything but will call.

I use Citi all the time and it depends on the band and what they want. For Arcade Fire they used ticketless and they swiped your card at the gate to enter. LCD Soundsystem had a table set up out side in a roped off area and your tickets were filed under your name. You had to show your ID then go immediately into the building. In both cases, everyone in your party has to be there.

They might not allow anything but will call.

I use Citi all the time and it depends on the band and what they want. For Arcade Fire they used ticketless and they swiped your card at the gate to enter. LCD Soundsystem had a table set up out side in a roped off area and your tickets were filed under your name. You had to show your ID then go immediately into the building. In both cases, everyone in your party has to be there.

Are you going to be trying to get a ticket to the 5 PM then?