✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[5-May-2014] Beacon Theatre, New York, USA

Jenjie

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D been waiting for this day since Barclays lol. And should we make shirts?

I think we should. I may have to modify my Mylo shirt and make it kinda a cross tour shirt for now since this was so last minute. And then if they do a normal tour I'll try to make a whole new shirt.

This is like the Sony Studios show. You had to have a Citicard to get tickets. Those tickets were will call only and you had to present the card and your photo id to pick up tickets. The code is always the first 6 digits of your credit card number.

This is like the Sony Studios show. You had to have a Citicard to get tickets. Those tickets were will call only and you had to present the card and your photo id to pick up tickets. The code is always the first 6 digits of your credit card number.

Hoping these will be will call only, but I'm not crossing my fingers because NY law requires all tickets to be transferable... :(

The Beacon show was announced first on Live Nation NYC's twitter. 2:00AM ET on April 17. 7 minutes before Coldplay even announced the tour on their twitter, which is usually the FIRST place you see something official from the band. Before e-mails, etc. If there is a second show, I would expect it to be posted on either of those Twitter accounts by now...

Had to dig through my emails and it's down the list, but it's true about 5PM - it was in yesterday's LN NY/NJ email. On sale is April 30th at 10AM.

Just an fyi, look here. http://www.citiprivatepass.com It's for citicard holders only. Like at the Sony Studios LA shows. You had to have a citicard to purchase and tickets were will call only - with card and photo id.

[h=1]Coldplay

Date:Monday,May5th,2014

Time:5:00PMET[/h]A second show has been added exclusively for Citi cardmembers! Citi cardmembers get access to purchase tickets to a very exclusive concert with Coldplay in New York City at the Beacon Theatre on Monday, May 5th. There is limited access for this very special concert that cannot be missed!

Tickets available April 30th at 10:00 AM ET!

Really? That's interesting. Not so in California. So no paperless tickets either?

Nope... so frustrating. Brokers pass around and sell the e-tickets like crazy. Even hard tickets only would help... Lady Gaga did that at Roseland Ballroom earlier this month, all tickets either were mailed via UPS or could be left at will call. Discouraged the brokers to some degree...

Just an fyi, look here. http://www.citiprivatepass.com It's for citicard holders only. Like at the Sony Studios LA shows. You had to have a citicard to purchase and tickets were will call only - with card and photo id.

[h=1]Coldplay

Date:Monday,May5th,2014

Time:5:00PMET[/h]A second show has been added exclusively for Citi cardmembers! Citi cardmembers get access to purchase tickets to a very exclusive concert with Coldplay in New York City at the Beacon Theatre on Monday, May 5th. There is limited access for this very special concert that cannot be missed!

Tickets available April 30th at 10:00 AM ET!

I saw the Citi Private Pass thing after I posted about the Live Nation e-mail. It's curious that it says nothing about it being Citicard holders only in the LN email.

I don't think I can pay re-sale prices for two tickets for NY Show (after splurging on flying to LA in March) but I have fingers crossed that I can get citi tix next Wed. FINGERS CROSSED! (I swear this process is going to give me a heart attack!)

I saw the Citi Private Pass thing after I posted about the Live Nation e-mail. It's curious that it says nothing about it being Citicard holders only in the LN email.

Would we have seen an announcement on twitter by the band if this second show was available to the general public? Did they make an official announcement to everyone for the Citi exclusive show in LA last month?

Ticketmaster link is up. It says delivery delay till 5PM on May 4th (24 hours before)... so hopefully that discourages scalpers...

Wonder how it will work? Will call,e ticket.? If I get a ticketI I'll be driving up Monday afternoon for the show and waiting til. The day before seems really risky!

Why don't they make all tickets Will Call now? Wouldn't that totally prevent the whole scalper thing?

They can't... NY law forces them to offer a transferrable ticket method in addition to will call. So we'll end up with e-tickets again

That's weird. Why is that even a law?

Yeah, it's pretty ridiculous. Chalk that one up to Governor Cuomo. The idea is to give fans the ability to sell or transfer their tickets if they can't go, and when you have will call or paperless tickets, you can't do that. It has the reverse effect of encouraging scalping.

Yeah, it's pretty ridiculous. Chalk that one up to Governor Cuomo. The idea is to give fans the ability to sell or transfer their tickets if they can't go, and when you have will call or paperless tickets, you can't do that. It has the reverse effect of encouraging scalping.

Yeah. Scalping is definitely a bigger problem than people changing their mind about going in my opinion. Even though some things may come up unexpectedly... still. I hate scalping haha.

Anyway... as far as sightlines go, has anyone here been to the Beacon? I've been doing some research, and it seems like Loge is the best place to sit for the view and full sound. Not that I'm being picky... haha

You know I haven't but after googling some some pics of it it seems as if even the upper balcony seats will still feel involved in the show and somewhat close to the stage. On all the ticket sites it says orch center with further back rows might have somewhat of a blocked view though for some reason.

You know I haven't but after googling some some pics of it it seems as if even the upper balcony seats will still feel involved in the show and somewhat close to the stage. On all the ticket sites it says orch center with further back rows might have somewhat of a blocked view though for some reason.

I've read also that rear orchestra past row M or so is under the overhang, so sound suffers a bit back there. Balcony and Loge really don't look bad.