✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[5-May-2014] Beacon Theatre, New York, USA

Jenjie

We should probably start a separate thread at some point and then decide a place to meet near the venue (walking distance probably) once enough people want to meet.

That's what I'm thinking. I would love to go get lunch with all of the Coldplayers and make some new friends!! :)

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Live Nation e-mail.

What???!!! OMFG, Please let this be true but it seems to good to be. If anything you think they'd add a second night rather than 2 shows in one night. Hey,they can all crash at Jonny's New York pad :)! Any info on tickets yet??? Hmm. maybe we can all keep it on the DL so only forum members get a chance! :sneaky:

They did 2 shows in LA. 4 shows in 3 days in fact. I know there would be a lot of happy people! I'm waiting for info on the LA show!

That's good to know,so it's not out of the realm of possibility. I'll hold on hope and keep alert. Good luck with the L.A show!

Okay, fine. I'm a big fat liar, eh? Don't believe me then. Whatever.

That's not what I said at all, just would like some solid confirmation. I don't get emails from LiveNation so I'd like to see what it said, I'm sure a lot of other people would like that as well :)

That's not what I said at all, just would like some solid confirmation. I don't get emails from LiveNation so I'd like to see what it said, I'm sure a lot of other people would like that as well :)

Went to the source and asked The Oracle about a second show. We'll see if he/she gives an answer.

Um, yeah, you pretty much just said in so many words that I am spreading lies. It is offensive, smiley face or not. If you are skeptical, then fine, keep it to yourself. But don't start demanding evidence from me. I don't owe you squat.

Let's keep it nice in here :) We are so glad everyone is sharing information and of course everyone would like to be in the know. If there is a second show I'm sure someone will post info as soon as it comes out, not as fast as Tash would :p but def before the show!

not true... I've done paperless and will call gigs here in NYC.

http://www.ticketnews.com/news/Gov-Cuomo-signs-New-York-paperless-ticket-bill-into-law051116789

This was signed into law in 2011... it doesn't outright ban the use of paperless tickets, but requires them to be transferrable. 90% of the time, the band or promoter ends up just offering all delivery methods rather than deal with that, even if the rest of the tour is paperless or will call only. It can't be transferred through Ticketmaster's transfer system either, because the law states "Transferability is defined by a consumer being able to transfer the ticket "independent of the operator or operator's agent."

Um, yeah, you pretty much just said in so many words that I am spreading lies. It is offensive, smiley face or not. If you are skeptical, then fine, keep it to yourself. But don't start demanding evidence from me. I don't owe you squat.

The Beacon show was announced first on Live Nation NYC's twitter. 2:00AM ET on April 17. 7 minutes before Coldplay even announced the tour on their twitter, which is usually the FIRST place you see something official from the band. Before e-mails, etc. If there is a second show, I would expect it to be posted on either of those Twitter accounts by now...

Don't get me wrong... I think a second show isn't entirely off the table... especially because the band is already in NYC on May 3rd for Saturday Night Live. The Beacon has nothing scheduled on May 4th, either... there's a gap of a day right there.

[5-May-2014] Beacon Theatre, New York, USA NEW SHOW AT 5PM

Citi to Present Special COLDPLAY Performance at NY's Beacon Theatre

Citi today announced it will present A Very Special Performance from Coldplay at the iconic Beacon Theatre in New York City on Monday, May 5 at 5:00 pm. The concert is one of Coldplay's few U.S. performances prior to the May 19 release of the band's sixth studio album, Ghost Stories, via Parlophone/Atlantic Records. This special event at the Beacon Theatre is the second performance Coldplay has done exclusively for Citi cardmembers this year.

"Last month the band treated our customers in Los Angeles to an up-close-and personal performance previewing Ghost Stories, and we can't wait to see what surprises they will unveil in New York," said Jennifer Breithaupt, SVP of Entertainment Marketing at Citi. "There is so much enthusiasm from fans for the upcoming album, and we are thrilled to present our customers these exclusive performances celebrating Coldplay's new music as always experiencing them live will be a night to remember."

Tickets A Very Special Performance from Coldplay will be available for purchase only with a Citi credit or debit card beginning Wednesday, April 30 at 10:00 am EDT. More information on how to purchase tickets can be found at http://www.citiprivatepass.com.

Citi offers Citi credit and debit cardmembers access to over 10,000 events annually through Citi Private Pass, the bank's entertainment access program. In 2013, Citi offered cardmembers more than 5,000 music events, ranging from preferred tickets and early access to top concert tours to curated special events with Grammy-award winners and VIP experiences including pre-show performances and Q&A. Last year, Citi sponsored the Rolling Stones' 50 & Counting Tour mobile app. In addition, Citi presented "Katy Perry's: We Can Survive" benefit concert and exclusive cardmember pre-show experience at the famed Hollywood Bowl. Other experiences have featured artists such as Lady Gaga, Band of Horses, John Mayer, Lady Antebellum, and more.

Stay tuned for more details on the unique experiences Citi is offering cardmembers during the biggest week in music and throughout the year. For more information, visit http://www.citiprivatepass.com.

About Citi

Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.

link