✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[5-May-2014] Beacon Theatre, New York, USA

Jenjie

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really considering just paying for one of the tickets on the reseller sites. I'm dying to go. This might just be the only chance to see Coldplay in a small venue. Most of the concerts I've been to have been in fairly small venues. And being so close to the band is such an amazing feeling. Spending just over a paycheck and a half might be crazy, but I'm tempted to do it.

Go for it! I'm 98% sure you won't regret it when you're in NY waiting for Coldplay to get on stage :D

I'm really considering just paying for one of the tickets on the reseller sites. I'm dying to go. This might just be the only chance to see Coldplay in a small venue. Most of the concerts I've been to have been in fairly small venues. And being so close to the band is such an amazing feeling. Spending just over a paycheck and a half might be crazy, but I'm tempted to do it.

Go for it, everyone please be careful though. The venue holds 2,900 and there are always scammers out there. I just noticed Ticket Network says some seat locations couldn't be located on the seating chart. NOT saying this is the case with that site but when I went to adifferent resale site to get Mumford and Sons tickets for a February show near D.C they had nonexistent seats. I called Patriot Center to be sure and someone there confirmed it was a scam!

Go for it, everyone please be careful though. The venue holds 2,900 and there are always scammers out there. I just noticed Ticket Network says some seat locations couldn't be located on the seating chart. NOT saying this is the case with that site but when I went to adifferent resale site to get Mumford and Sons tickets for a February show near D.C they had nonexistent seats. I called Patriot Center to be sure and someone there confirmed it was a scam!

Keeping my fingers crossed that it's not the case with them :/

My guess is there will be a 'Private Offer' link for a private onsale on ticketmaster that you can only get to with the link. Or, they will do a code lottery to mailing list subscribers. They can't do Will Call Only or Paperless, because those methods of delivery are illegal in New York.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

not true... I've done paperless and will call gigs here in NYC.

Angie and I actually saw LCD Soundsystem at Terminal 5 and it was will call BUT that was only after James Murphy had a freak out how Ticket Bastard handled the Farewell show at MSG. He wanted to make sure the fans got the tix. That man can work miracles. He is truly my hero. It was probably a ton of work and stress but they got 5 shows in at T5

is there any way we can reach out to management or the band to let them know this?? This is terrible... :( I missed out because I didn't see the email. I feel like such a dork for not seeing it sooner!!!!!! :( A friend of mine actually sent me a screen shot of a link that says tix on sale on 4/30 for 2 gigs on the same day... one show at 5pm and one at 9pm. ???? Gonna ask her where she got that from....

All I can say is that The Beacon is a tiny venue as you prob know. Only 2500 (maybe?) seats. Its the beginning of the promo tour and as is always hard to get in to. I'm hoping they release more tix as the date gets closer but find relief in that hopefully Coldplay will do a proper tour in the future where tix will be easier to get. Good luck to everyone

Knowing the way my brain works, the fact that I'm mulling this over for so long means I'll cave soon and just do it :P

Since that is the case, I have a question. For all of the concerts I've been to I've been able to get tickets directly from the box office (including the Coldplay concert I went to). I've never used StubHub or a similar site. Most of the tickets on StubHub are electronic. I thought electronic tickets couldn't be transferred. Can someone clarify before I bite the bullet?

Knowing the way my brain works, the fact that I'm mulling this over for so long means I'll cave soon and just do it :P

Since that is the case, I have a question. For all of the concerts I've been to I've been able to get tickets directly from the box office (including the Coldplay concert I went to). I've never used StubHub or a similar site. Most of the tickets on StubHub are electronic. I thought electronic tickets couldn't be transferred. Can someone clarify before I bite the bullet?

Someone should confirm this but my understanding is since you don't have to show id and/or a credit card that matches the purchasers name they are transferable. They don't care who bought the tickets as long as the bar code is legit and they go through the scanner. There's been some chatter about bands like Mumford and Sons who have done will call and required id to get into the venue for some of their shows. People who were selling tickets (at face value) on the M&S forum had to meet up and go in together with the original purchaser. BTW forgot to mention in a previous thread I was at show where someone bought tickets outside the venue,walked up and was told "sorry it's not legit" MAJOR bummer!! I really felt for them.

Someone should confirm this but my understanding is since you don't have to show id and/or a credit card that matches the purchasers name they are transferable. They don't care who bought the tickets as long as the bar code is legit and they go through the scanner. There's been some chatter about bands like Mumford and Sons who have done will call and required id to get into the venue for some of their shows. People who were selling tickets (at face value) on the M&S forum had to meet up and go in together with the original purchaser. BTW forgot to mention in a previous thread I was at show where someone bought tickets outside the venue,walked up and was told "sorry it's not legit" MAJOR bummer!! I really felt for them.

Stub Hub guarantees that the tickets are legit or they refund your money, and charge back the seller. Stubhub also won't let people sell will call tickets. They're the only reseller I buy and sell with. With e-tickets, the seller uploads the ticket pdf to Stub Hub and Stub Hub emails the PDF to the buyer, so you don't even know who bought your tickets. With hard tickets, the buyer pays for Fed Ex, and when the seller logs in, you print the Fed Ex label directly from Stub Hub to send to the buyer…no shipping charge to the seller. Stub Hub fees are 15% to the seller and 10% to the buyer, but now they build in the percent into the purchase price of the ticket. They used to add the 10% on at checkout, but now it's "included." I've never had a problem with Stub Hub.

Awesome, thanks guys. I think I'm gonna do it. The NYC shows just lines up too perfectly with other life stuff, it feels like I can't not take the opportunity to go. Mondays are my day off work, that week is the week of my 21st birthday, a lot of my family is in NJ so if for whatever reason stuff goes wrong with a flight, I could always crash at their place. You'd think with the luck lining all that up, I'd be able to get a ticket at face value hahaha.

Awesome, thanks guys. I think I'm gonna do it. The NYC shows just lines up too perfectly with other life stuff, it feels like I can't not take the opportunity to go. Mondays are my day off work, that week is the week of my 21st birthday, a lot of my family is in NJ so if for whatever reason stuff goes wrong with a flight, I could always crash at their place. You'd think with the luck lining all that up, I'd be able to get a ticket at face value hahaha.

Let us know how it goes and what you end up getting!

Alright, I did it. 391 bones for a Loge 4 seat. I could have gotten a better seat, but this was already pushing my price range a tad. Looking online it seems the Loge seats are pretty good. Now to book a flight. Exciting stuff!

Anyone interested in meeting up? I know I posted about this earlier but I didn't get any replies! Should I start up a thread so it has it's own place?

Yeah, definitely! I'd love to hang out with some Coldplayers before/after the show. I gotta do something in between flights and shows :P

Yeah, definitely! I'd love to hang out with some Coldplayers before/after the show. I gotta do something in between flights and shows :P

Nice! I should definitely figure out how to get this set up....never done something like this before! Anyone want to help?! Haha

Nice! I should definitely figure out how to get this set up....never done something like this before! Anyone want to help?! Haha

We should probably start a separate thread at some point and then decide a place to meet near the venue (walking distance probably) once enough people want to meet.