✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[5-May-2014] Beacon Theatre, New York, USA

Jenjie

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK so I guess I can same stuff about the shows while my stuff uploads.

Knew it would be short shows but the chance to see them in such a small venue doesn't come that often so you gotta go. And if you travel for one show, well you gotta go to both right. :p

I had to get up at 3am for my flight from Houston to NYC. Almost missed my connection in Chicago because O'Hare and American Airlines are useless as tits on a boar hog! Had to run like a psycho thru the terminal and made it just as they were getting ready to close the door. If you want to know why AA has all those "rebooking centers" every 30 feet in the airport, it's because they suck!:angry:

So got to NYC and was too wound up to eat, but needed new batteries for my camera, so walked past Beacon to a shop and noticed a group of people on the side of the building. Went to check it out and Will was there signing stuff. I had just missed Jonny :bigcry: They said Guy had also been in but ignored everyone....so what else is new. :rolleyes: Chris hadn't come yet. Waited about 15 minutes and up pulls Chris and Phil. Had to call Phil over cuz he likes to act like he's no one and not FUCKING AWESOME! :dazzled: He didn't want to take pics, but I made him. :smug: Chris was in a really good mood. He signed my ticket.

5PM show was pretty much what I expected it to be. Kinda laid back and more of a dress rehearsal vibe. Was hoping they would use it to maybe brush some dust off some older tunes, but no. :( The venue is really beautiful. I had a crappy balcony seat but got it for cost off ticketbastard so not complaining. I thought Chris' voice sounded really good.

Met Christa after and we went to eat...and drink...Cinco de Mayo baby! although Yankees can't do a proper margarita...they tried to sell me one with cucumbers in it :facepalm: ....Ugh NO!...lime please. :drinking:

Went back to venue and had awesome floor seat off Stub..but location was all about the Jonny so worth every cent!

All the new stuff sounds amazing live. Oceans is just so beautiful. Really happy they played Life is for Living.

Talked briefly with Dan Green after the show He asked what I thought of the new stuff....he always asks me that! :p

Told him I really liked it and thought it had a nice vibe that would mix well with the older stuff and I could help them with their set list and include some really old stuff like Such a Rush...he laughed and said that aint gonna happen. I told him to work on them ....maybe just type in on the setlist! :wink3:

Had an awesome time. Got to see Christa :hug: and Julie and meet some new Coldplayers.

Ready for a proper tour now.

Hey, does anyone have any photos of Chris meeting fans after the 9pm show? I know a lot of people were taking photos, but I haven't seen any with me in them for some reason haha I hope someone has one with at least a little bit of me in it :D

I'm currently putting together the video I took from the show. I'll post it here and in the multimedia forum once it's ready. It should be up sometime tomorrow.

Looking forward to it! And it was great meeting you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike Duffy on Facebook who went to the show managed to get a selfie with Dan, the sound engineer. He shouted from 50ft "Look, there's the roadie!" but no one else seemed to know who he was so he asked for a selfie with him and said he was so nice! (Dan on the left)

10306872_10152342961427702_1842189190_n.jpg?oh=adf191298571108f566941b9291f770f&oe=536D8547&__gda__=1399702042_f581660809c1f3d34812c485c7d43396

^ I think he said everything outside true love and paradise meaning he didn't include it on purpose

Ah I get it now. I read it as 'everything out' not 'everything but.' No worries.