Jenjie

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coldplay Dedicates Song to Jagger at NYC Concert

NEW YORK May 6, 2014 (AP)

By MESFIN FEKADU AP Music Writer

Coldplay dedicated its slow tempo tune "Fix You" to Mick Jagger at a concert in New York City.

Chris Martin told the crowd Monday before singing the encouraging song about recovering, "It's for Mick Jagger."

Jagger's longtime girlfriend, fashion designer L'Wren Scott, committed suicide in March. A memorial was held in New York last week.

Martin doesn't have moves quite like Jagger, but the singer danced wildly onstage with his arms swinging, singing tunes from the band's catalog, including songs from the new album "Ghost Stories," out May 19.

The British foursome closed the Beacon Theatre concert with "True Love," which Martin asked the crowd not to film, calling the track "the best song off our new album that no one has ever heard yet."

link

What a lovely show. I recorded most of the concert. I think the only song I didn't record was Paradise. I even recorded True Love BUT I'm not putting that up. I recorded it just for me. Sorry guys. The rest of the songs will go into one video that I'll post later in the week. Maybe wednesday? Thursday at the latest.

True Live has a solo by Johnny. Did he play that tonight? He played it in LA if I remember right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So Jonny's solo must be in another song that we heard in LA? Can anyone who was at LA show search their memory? I remember Jonny had a solo and thought it was True Love. Hmmm

So Jonny's solo must be in another song that we heard in LA? Can anyone who was at LA show search their memory? I remember Jonny had a solo and thought it was True Love. Hmmm

Wasn't at the show, but Rolling Stone described True Love as having a "slicing solo" from Jonny, so I think you're correct : )

What a lovely show. I recorded most of the concert. I think the only song I didn't record was Paradise. I even recorded True Love BUT I'm not putting that up. I recorded it just for me. Sorry guys. The rest of the songs will go into one video that I'll post later in the week. Maybe wednesday? Thursday at the latest.

Could you at least describe True Love for us?

The British foursome closed the Beacon Theatre concert with "True Love," which Martin asked the crowd not to film, calling the track "the best song off our new album that no one has ever heard yet."

link

Ahah! So on one hand, I can read into this literally, and say that he's simply saying that it's the best song that hasn't been released or played live yet. On the other hand, maybe this is the song they truly think is the best off the album? The excitement...

Wasn't at the show, but Rolling Stone described True Love as having a "slicing solo" from Jonny, so I think you're correct : )

So I am confused because of Chris' comment that no one has heard it yet. Wonder if he meant outside of tv taping. Because I thought we heard the whole album there. But honestly there was so much new music being played for us that I was in sensory overload that weekend.

Could you at least describe True Love for us?

Sure. But I can't really do so right now. I was too excited and can't remember much besides really loving Will's drumming. It's simple and also on drum pads instead of actual drums. Once I get back home and listen to the recording again I'll try to describe it better.

Doesn't the coke but 10 secs to confirm if that is the one I am remembering with Jonny solo? I am going to be sleepless for the next 12 days till the NBC special!

Meant doesn't the coke buy...I swear I hate this auto correct on this ap :(

Sure. But I can't really do so right now. I was too excited and can't remember much besides really loving Will's drumming. It's simple and also on drum pads instead of actual drums. Once I get back home and listen to the recording again I'll try to describe it better.

Thanks haha-- I just realized you are the same person I asked about this song on reddit a half hour ago... Sorry for pestering you :)

I didn't look at your username probably because I was just too excited to learn about this song :bomb:

So I am confused because of Chris' comment that no one has heard it yet. Wonder if he meant outside of tv taping. Because I thought we heard the whole album there. But honestly there was so much new music being played for us that I was in sensory overload that weekend.

I'm fairly certain Chris definitely meant outside of the taping, I guess even he forgot how awesome of an experience you guys got :D

Thanks haha-- I just realized you are the same person I asked about this song on reddit a half hour ago... Sorry for pestering you :)

I didn't look at your username probably because I was just too excited to learn about this song :bomb:

Haha, I didn't notice it was you either. Don't worry about it.

From what I gather:

-Fly On is the bit with Chris singing

-O is the bit where Apple and her friend Mabel sing (I think it's also played to start the album/concert a la Life in Technicolor/The Escapist)

-O part 2 is O Reprise (not as sure about this one)

Didn't Chris say in the Zane Lowe interview Moses was on part 2 of O?!?!?!

Question: now that you have heard most of the album and heard it as part of a long set list, do you think they could tour this album beyond six cities and receive acclaim?

Question: now that you have heard most of the album and heard it as part of a long set list, do you think they could tour this album beyond six cities and receive acclaim?

I have not heard true love and ink but from what I've heard about them I like. I heard ink is a piano ballad and I would say that would be played as they've been touring the scientist for years. I could hear at least 8/9 songs from ghost stories being played on tour at least a few times I cannot hear O being played though for this reason; I watched and listened to the Zane Lowe interview and he got so awkward and emotional. I don't think he would put hinself through that every night for a year.

Chris keeps saying "this is the first time anyone's heard this." Is he forgetting the 800 x 4 people who heard it in LA? Maybe he's thinking we don't count? :cry:

You're right, they did play the whole album in LA. I don't remember how True Love sounds, so I can't say whether that was the one with Jonny's guitar solo.

Early show

My pics from early show

photos

I'm having trouble uploading and viewing from mobile phone. If links are dead, try my Twitter feed at www.twitter.com/misconduct. I rarely tweet so not looking for followers. Will try to properly link photos later.

I met Chris and Jonny and Phil and Dan. I cried. Hard. I told Chris something that was really important to me and he listened. Tonight was the best night of my entire life.

Congratulations!! So pleased for you :)

They played True Love :D Shame it wasn't broadcasted.

I met Chris and Jonny and Phil and Dan. I cried. Hard. I told Chris something that was really important to me and he listened. Tonight was the best night of my entire life.

aaAAWWW I'm very happy for you. I'm so glad the members of my favourite band are such good-hearted souls :bomb::wacky: