✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Chris Martin on Zane Lowe (28-04-2014) - 8pm on BBCR1

Captain Crieff

This interview was great! It really helped me actually. Listening to Chris talk about dealing with things that life throws at you but that we should try to work through it. We are meant to learn something from these difficult experiences. I know he is going through a really hard time, and he really helped me feel better today. I've been dealing with so much stress, and I just LOVE that Coldplay has always been there for me. I can't wait to have the entire album in my hands, I already love Ghost Stories so much :heart:

I would have to agree with you on this! Coldplay has always been there for me whenever Im happy or sad. They are just too special and precious.

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I often see Chris joking around or change the subject. He even left the interview once.

I listened Chris doing an interview with Zane Lowe many times. He's the only one who can drag Chris back to the subject. Because they've known each other for long time. I think Zane is the only person who can make Chris open up this much in the interview.

Tbh I think this is my very first time seeing Chris talking about his personal life, I mean not too personal but at least he's got something to say about it.. and I think Zane Lowe is the right person to talk to during this interview. Not too sure if Chris has done this before in other interviews. Great choice!

Late to the party, but may someone kindly explain to me what did Chris mean (in the 2nd part) when Zane was saying that musicians should get paid & Chris answered by : it is 40:20:20:20 & everything else is 25:25:25:25.

I thought they changed the royalties split into that 40:20:20:20 a while ago, so what is divided 25% each? or I am completely misunderstanding :confused:

I thought they changed the royalties split into that 40:20:20:20 a while ago, so what is divided 25% each? or I am completely misunderstanding :confused:

My understanding of it is that it's the song writing royalties that are split 40/20/20/20 and all the other royalties/earnings/income of any kind are split 25% each way.

I feel like this was a glimpse at the 'real' Chris vs. the persona he has created for the public. I've always found him hysterically funny but I think that was just his way of keeping up a facade to protect his privacy. I think it shows personal growth & strength to be able to expose your underbelly, so to speak. I hope the haters cut him a break for once.

The full interview has just been uploaded:

[video=youtube;9pF7bS_4JnE]

HA! Interesting, I just started to watch this version and came across the part, where Chris talks about his breakup with Gwyneth and asks for Phil (around 25:20) and in this version they did NOT cut these few seconds out, funny! :D

Small reminder: they DID cut it out during the second part that was uploaded by BBC radio 1. ;)

Thanks for posting, btw! :)

• 3 months later...

Y'know, its been about 4 months since the last post on this thread but I'm just re-watching this interview now and there are a lot of nuggets of info about where this album came from but also where LP7 could take us. I'd recommend re-watching it with the perspective of having listened to the album already.