✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Chris Martin on Zane Lowe (28-04-2014) - 8pm on BBCR1

Captain Crieff

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so upset about the fact they're not going to be touring much more at the moment, because I know how impossible it's going to be for me to get tickets (my nearest venue is the London one, and even that's 500 miles away) but it just makes me want to get tickets even more

I'm upset about this too! I've been thinking about it lately and now Chris has confirmed it I'm kind of glad we know where we stand 'cos it means we will try so much harder to get tickets for these shows (as will lots and lots of other fans but we should all still try). I'm from England but am going to try for Paris tickets then London ones. I noticed your current location - Scotland. Have you considered going to Radio One's One Big weekend in Glasgow which Coldplay are headlining on the Saturday? Even though I knew I wouldn't be able to go ('cos I can't get the time off work and more importantly the tickets were released before Coldplay were announced as headliners) I was still excited about it lol. Radio One are holding competitions to win tickets at the moment x

Fantasic interview. What a man. About the songs, I don't know what to think of A Sky Full Of Stars.. Never going to be one of my favourites, that's for sure but at this point I don't know whether I like it or not at all. O is brilliant, I'm in love and that part in the interview almodt made me cry. Man I'm going to love this album :dazzled:

I'm upset about this too! I've been thinking about it lately and now Chris has confirmed it I'm kind of glad we know where we stand 'cos it means we will try so much harder to get tickets for these shows (as will lots and lots of other fans but we should all still try). I'm from England but am going to try for Paris tickets then London ones. I noticed your current location - Scotland. Have you considered going to Radio One's One Big weekend in Glasgow which Coldplay are headlining on the Saturday? Even though I knew I wouldn't be able to go ('cos I can't get the time off work and more importantly the tickets were released before Coldplay were announced as headliners) I was still excited about it lol. Radio One are holding competitions to win tickets at the moment x

Yeah, the Paris show is a few days before my birthday and a few days after I've finished university exams, so I'm kind of tempted to try for those as well and if I got some I could make it my birthday treat! But I've also always wanted to see a concert in the Royal Albert so seeing Coldplay there would just be a dream. I think I'm probably going to try for both to be honest! As for the Big Weekend, I didn't even know about the tickets for that, so when I realised they'd all already been given out by the time I heard that Coldplay was headlining, I tried to see if anyone was selling but they're all being sold for about £150+ which is just too much out of my budget. And also I hate touts so much that on principle I just can't bring myself to buy one off them :( I'd love to go to that, so I'll go and see what the competitions are about (thanks so much for that information!) but I think I could struggle with that weekend actually, as I have to be about 70 miles away from Glasgow until at least 6pm that day. Why is it such a struggle! Oh well - I'm going to be a proper warrior when it comes to ticket sales for the venues!

Chris' honesty combined with even more honest songs (ignoring one)... I'm overwhelmed by some of the things he said. What a beautiful man he is, his views are an example to how I want to live my life.

Man I am emotionally very unstable and someone should bring me a box of tissues right away.

what an interview! it's the only one i have seen where i feel he was truly being honest. in the past i felt sometimes he brushed things off, made a joke about or something but there was none of that! I really cannot wait for this album now and i am reallly hoping to get tickets to see coldplay at the Royal Albert Hall! didn't get to see them on the Mylo tour so this would be incredible!

Such an awesome interview. It's so cool to see a public figure/celebrity/artist/whatever being completely vulnerable, honest and opened to the general audience. In a world that magazines, tv shows, newspapers usually try to put this type of people in a pedestal, like they're above the "ordinary man", above the "normal life people", like the're Gods and not human beings. And guess what, they're all human beings and not too much different than you and me. And the worst is that some public figures buys that shit and try to convince you and me that the're are specials human beings. Chris is not one this type of figure. I knew that since I start being fan of Coldplay. More than being the front man of the biggest band on the planet he seems to be a great human being.

PS: I have a feeling that Ghost Stories is going to be their strongest and most popular album to date.

This interview was very heartbreaking. I love Chris. He is so inspiring and is so sweet. The interview allowed us to get into Chris' head. He is allowing himself to be so vulnerable. It takes so much courage to do that. He loves his music and gives everything to that. I feel so sad for him. Hope everything goes well for him and them. He is still in pain, I just hope everything settles down for them whether they chose to be together someday or not. Chris needs someone though, I hope he gets something to hold on to.

Yeah, that's what I think too. Idk what critics are going to say. I think if they can get past ASFOS being EDM, which I think a lot won't be able to, then there will be a lot of 4/5's and 8.5/10's. Definitely a lot of awards for this one though regardless. And I'm guessing a 78% metacritic, not it matters.

This interview showed me again why I love this band so much. It is the honesty and the chemistry between them combined with great music. And I think I will like Ghost stories more than I liked MX. Love to you all (I have been listening to too much Chris ... )

Some guy met Phil Harvey at their hotel in Baden Baden on saturday and he said that Phil Harvey mentioned that there will be another GS tour.

Dont know if this is a reliable source though.

Sent via Tapatalk