✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

"Guilty" pleasures

Mrk

I sometimes enjoy some of those pop dance tracks we hear everywhere all the time nowadays. I don't listen to them, like, on purpose, but when I hear some of them it reminds me of nice nights out with friends. Earlier tonight that Kesha song for instance, or David Guetta/Usher Without you.

^I try to tell myself I don't think in guilty pleasures, so if I like a Lady Gaga song it's because it's a good song. I'm not going to feel guilty about music. But at the same time, I am embarrassed when people ask me who my favourite band is and I have to tell them Coldplay. No one ever takes you seriously as a music fan if that's your answer. And the thing is, I know exactly why.

^i just stopped giving fucks about that, people who know me or meet me for the first time can tell that i've got quite a good knownledge of music, if i listen to coldplay despite listening to some less accesible music there's going to be a reason. Until one year and a half ago I used to be elitist about music, but that's just nosense. I used to be ashamed to like Coldplay because people went "how can you like thing like Radiohead, Massive Attack and Portishead ad then have Coldplay as a favourite band" and they made me feel like shit. But now i just don't care, i know they are a great band and i don't need to apologize to you for my music taste

I listen to classic, electronica, some weird ass shit that's somewhere located between Glitch step and classic, to underground bands as well as stuff from DJ's like David Guetta/Tiësto, movie soundtracks, hell even game soundtracks, and sometimes even German songs but they're often rather bad. I listen to Coldplay, Radiohead, Massive Attack, Sigur Ros, Sufjan Stevensm, The Killers, The XX, Linkin Park etc.

Why would you feel embarassed about Coldplay? Because they're obviously stating they love Radiohead? Because they're fans themselves but make nice music as well? LOL

The only music I'd feel embarrassed about would be listening to Justin Bieber, but I don't listen to him so I guess I'm guilty pleasure-free in terms of music.

Happy listening everybody and stop giving a fuck about people who think they can judge you for what you're listening. They didn't fucking compose the songs you're listening to themselves so WHO ARE THEY TO JUDGE.

/rage rant over

I know they have a decent following on this board, but in every other sector of life, it's Snow Patrol. Sappy, repetitive love ballads for 19-year-old girls that sounds the same every album. And I can't get enough of it.

• 2 weeks later...
What? Keane has some songs that rival Coldplay! (But they're definitely inferior)

For me, I like some of Maroon 5. But I hate their new material such as One More Night. Oh god. :veryangry2:

Agreed! How is Keane a "guilty" pleasure? They're amazing, one of my favourite bands even! A pure pleasure! And Maroon 5's first album is a very guilty pleasure of mine as well. I agree that their new material is far worse.

But my ultimate guilty pleasure as of late:

CHROMEO-WHITE-WOMEN-PACKSHOT.jpg

Should I be "guilty" for having this album on repeat?

I know they have a decent following on this board, but in every other sector of life, it's Snow Patrol. Sappy, repetitive love ballads for 19-year-old girls that sounds the same every album. And I can't get enough of it.

:whip: Listening to Snow Patrol is not guilty at all.

Mine is One Direction and I'm not joking.