✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Thank you for this, Coldplay

bsquared

Guest howyousawtheworld

Seeing a lot of people accuse this of being too much of a "Chris Martin album". Surely this is praise of the highest kind? AROBTTH was the last "Chris Martin album" and it was arguably their best. That doesn't mean the others don't get a look in. The other three work their way about the songs laying down some interesting textures, a complexity that compliments the beautiful simplicity of Chris's vocal melodies. It's too early to absolutely judge the album indefinitely until after a few listens but after a couple of listens it is already very close in the rankings to the eclectic brilliance that was Viva. It doesn't have the communal and bombastic approach of Viva, it is very much the opposite. It seems to occupy itself alongside the heart rending sympathy of A Rush Of Blood To The Head, occasionally flirting with the distressing faction of angst that gave AROBTTH it's heart of darkness. Like AROBTTH this is an introspective record and while I don't like or want to pay much attention to the breakdown of his marriage, it is the thoughts of a man who has seen it ended and ended against his wishes. In that case, of course it's going to be a Chris Martin album. But it's a Chris Martin album that is aided and expressed to it's fullest by Jonny, Guy and Will.

This album isn't even music anymore, it is art, it is a masterpiece. I swear, O brang tears to my eyes. The emotional connection you have with the whole thing- it really is an immersive experience. I really can't wait to listen to it to death as soon as I can get my hands on a copy.

I agree with you all .. This album

Is just resonating with my heart ... From the melodies to the good to the order of the songs . What a beautiful tribute to love . I now see what he meant by it not really being a breakdown ( i still see the sadness but I see the hopefulness as well that one day maybe he'll fly :) ) the artwork just sent me over the top it was basically a movie with music , every detail was so raw I'm still sort of in shock that he was this personal but he's also trying to improve things about himself that probably hurt his relationship . Maybe being open was one of those things !! This album deserves so much credit just because it's pure emotional , honesty , heartache and love . None of the lyrics are bitter or hurtful , some are sad but they all come back to loving a person so much and will never change no matter what .. If I had never known the story behind this album I would have still thought it was great but knowing there's so much more makes it incredible !! I too think this will go down as a "special " album !!

And yes it's very much chris but this was his story and his time to tell and music is the way he tells it best! I hope his journey with her continues to be on the right path ! It's hard not to bring her into it when it's so obvious it's all about he even the artwork .. Just breath taking !! I've said this too many times but I wish his personal life the best !!

Perfectly said katiepope! So glad I am not alone in this. I know a lot of other people think this album isn't good, and I understand why, but at the same time I don't. I can really feel that Chris is pouring is heart and soul into this album (as well as the rest of the band). I can really feel the emotion in Ghost Stories. Sure the lyrics might be simple, but you know what, the words are so powerful. They resonate in me with so much power. Ghosts Stories is such an incredible album and I think there is something that everyone can relate to in there. Thank you so much Coldplay!

I agree with you all .. This album

Is just resonating with my heart ... From the melodies to the good to the order of the songs . What a beautiful tribute to love . I now see what he meant by it not really being a breakdown ( i still see the sadness but I see the hopefulness as well that one day maybe he'll fly :) ) the artwork just sent me over the top it was basically a movie with music , every detail was so raw I'm still sort of in shock that he was this personal but he's also trying to improve things about himself that probably hurt his relationship . Maybe being open was one of those things !! This album deserves so much credit just because it's pure emotional , honesty , heartache and love . None of the lyrics are bitter or hurtful , some are sad but they all come back to loving a person so much and will never change no matter what .. If I had never known the story behind this album I would have still thought it was great but knowing there's so much more makes it incredible !! I too think this will go down as a "special " album !!

And yes it's very much chris but this was his story and his time to tell and music is the way he tells it best! I hope his journey with her continues to be on the right path ! It's hard not to bring her into it when it's so obvious it's all about he even the artwork .. Just breath taking !! I've said this too many times but I wish his personal life the best !!

*long meaningful clap*

Yes, yes, everything! :bigcry:

Who else feels incredibly sad after listening to the album? :sad: I need to cuddle a few kittens now :bigcry:

*long meaningful clap*

Yes, yes, everything! :bigcry:

Who else feels incredibly sad after listening to the album? :sad: I need to cuddle a few kittens now :bigcry:

In a way yes , but then I listen to Ink again :D anndd happy

This album atfirst did not hit me...Maybe it was because the itunes stream wasn't buffering easily ...But now, I think this album is basically one of the most profound and honest piece of work Chris has ever written. I was basically sobbing through the whole thing...It hard not think of her when talking about this album because every song is just about her . Hope their relationship remains in whatever form they wish it. But I just want thank Coldplay for this album because it made me feel so much.

That is quite a review, bsquared. I would be flying down to Target right now Ito buy it if I hadn't already heard some of the songs. I'll go later. It's better than Mylo. I like the songs and I love Chris Martin's sultry voice, but the lyrics aren't very creative. Chris Martin could pick up a book at a insurance seminar and start singing it and I would be like "Yeah, baby"

It's better than I expected. Actually, I think it's one of their best albums yet. I really didn't know what to think about the electronic sound but now when I listen to the whole album I really start to like it.