✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Thank you for this, Coldplay

bsquared

(cross-post from /r/coldplay)

I know the guys will never see this. I just finished watching the iTunes stream along with the video. I don't think words will ever quantitatively or qualitatively describe my feelings as I watched it.

No other collection of songs has made me feel so happy to be alive. Music like this is why I keep on getting up every morning and going to school, and dealing with my anxiety and the harsh words of others. It's why I don't put an end to the thoughts that wage wars inside my mind. Music like this.

Music like this makes me proud to be human. It makes me feel like even the worst things that can happen to us can turn into something beautiful. That love is a complex, intricate, and amazing thing, even if it ruins us. The emotion this album elicited from me is without comparison, even after one listen.

It's Coldplay's most cohesive, well produced, and experimental effort yet. And I absolutely loved it. You can hear how much effort went into this in the tiniest of chimes and bells throughout the songs like at the beginning of AIMH, and you can see it in the beautiful video they made, that highlights the enchanting story the band has been able to tell.

I know it's early to say that this is the band's best album, or that some of the songs are at the top of their discography (namely O and Midnight). But this is Coldplay at its most mature, and I think this will go down as their greatest achievement. This record makes me feel proud to be a member of the human collective, and grateful that I am here to be able to experience such a magical piece of art.

TL;DR: You did a great job, boys

PS: Hey guys! I'm Brenden. This community is amazing, glad to be here!

Absolutely spot on - Brendan - this music is what keeps hope alive compared to what we're used to - Coldplay are a once in a lifetime type of a band that just elevates the experience of life for all of us with heavenly music that takes through all the emotional spectrum of being human and living life.

Words can't describe this album, but we try - and I have to believe this trilogy of albums have been some of the best music to come out in a long while. It just doesn't get any better - that visual animation just put me somewhere else (1st listen didn't even realize there was a visual animation for the album - oh man, the artwork is absolutely stunning, and what they did with the animation just heightened the experience even more). Btw, that instrumental to open the album is so soothing, like a musical opiate that heals all - and then transition into AIMH - one of my favorites...

Viva La Coldplay!!!

Amazing words, i guess their couldn't be anything more satisfying for a band than reading words like this. I am happy to read that those songs have such a positive and emotional effect on you.

I totally agree. Wonderful post and absolutely right. I have fallen in love with this album, it's complete for so far I have heard it. It blows MX away in my opinion. They are trying new stuff and this gives hope for the future of Coldplay and music in average. Music like this gives people energie and gives people shivers. I can imagine that in difficult times it's possible that this kind of music can give you the power to face anything.

I will have to agree.

I don't have to listen thousands of times to this record to know that it will always be special.

It is so amazing that by chance or by decision I decided to become a major Coldplay fan many years ago and once again, here I am listening to such diverse and amazing tracks, which tell a story and fit so well together. I think it is their most sincere record and being sincere has always gone superb with them (for example, Fix You). O is a masterpiece in every sense and already one of my top favorite songs.

I am very SAD that they won't tour this album but I will always be so grateful that they decided to share it with us, despite what it means to Chris. Jonny has so incredible moments, Guy did a perfect job in many songs and I guess that if Will decided to experiment for this album, he did so because he wanted. He is indeed one of the world's greatest multi-instrumentalists.

At the end, these are four friends making music and they have shared with us a stunning record. Thank you boys. We love you.

I found myself tearing up throughout multiple parts of the record such as in True Love, O Fly On), and in the outro of the album.

The music made me nostalgic and sad, but ultimately inspired and excited to be living. This album is what Coldplay is all about and should go on to be considered a work of art.

This is what happens when artists truly believe in what they make, and they put their hearts into it -- you get fans that truly connect with the music and truly love it. This is how music impacts lives.

Thank you Coldplay, and thank you OP. Your words are excellent.

I will have to agree.

I am very SAD that they won't tour this album but I will always be so grateful that they decided to share it with us, despite what it means to Chris. Jonny has so incredible moments, Guy did a perfect job in many songs and I guess that if Will decided to experiment for this album, he did so because he wanted. He is indeed one of the world's greatest multi-instrumentalists.

Wut?

Completely agree with you, also if your life is not good right now, don't worry everything is not lost :P Your life will eventually improve and be better, just be strong and endure.

VLV - out when I was in school

MX - out of school, thought I was on top of the world, party music, active music.

Ghost Stories - we could all do better, certain things aren't what they used to be or will continue to be

No matter what your opinion on the albums, for me they came out at the right time and each time they were perfect in their own way.

I can't believe they released the whole thing. It's absolutely amazing

The whole thing would be the Target edition been leaked. Which why the hell is it only available in America? Surely you would make exclusive deals for those songs else where :|

Always In My Head is hands down one of the best songs they've ever made. For this song alone, I am completely satisfied.

But there are other brilliant songs on this album-- Midnight and O stick out the most to me.

For me, its their best album. I am a big fan of this style of music. I love AROBTTH, and so many great songs, but this album tells a story in my opinion that its predecessors didn't.

I'm so happy to see you agree with me Kingzilla! I was starting to get depressed reading all the criticism thread's posts and it's refreshing to be around people who appreciate this art for what it is.