🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

Placebo

Hicksy

it's just a suggestion...perhaps they can try more electronica stuff.

come up with more songs like English Summer Rain and Special Needs

well if they will stop working now, for a short time, find another drumer and prepare a new album, they i think they will try new things, brian said he likes to try new things on each album and improve himself on lyrics.

so may be they can go to one side or to the other one.... electronica or acoustic, an album with songs of both styles would be good... :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*bump*

news

steven (ex-drummer)

he is working on an album since march, the album will be called Ancient B, he is working with The Cure singer and Lamb bassist :surprised:

stefan (bassist)

he works also on a band called Hotel Persona, officialy the band is english but many songs are in spanish.

http://www.myspace.com/hotelpersona

brian (singer)

there was a rumour about his solo album, but there's nothing confirmed by him.

placebo

brian and stef are planning to work on the next album next spring 2008.

so now they are on a break running their solo or other projects, or just relaxing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNWAYEwLn80(Pixies cover) Great performance, they all rock, although Stef appears very few on the screen :thinking:

enjoy!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

NEWS NEWS NEWS NEWS NEWS NEWS NEWS

according to a board (the owners say that they had talked with the bassist (Stefan Olsdal)):

he has confirmed us the latest news published on the official site. After the long tour they have been doing for Meds, Placebo are still enjoying their holidays. Stefan is working in Hotel Persona's project enthusiastically, the album is already finished and they are now on negotations with different labels to release it. Even so Hotel Persona will give their first live shows in the next months.

Hotel Persona will be touring till Spring 2008, when Placebo will be back to the studio for the recording of their new album.The boys already have some new songs to work with. In that moment the band will have too to choose a new drumer to work with in studio and live. There won't be any solo album by Brian Molko, the songs he is preparing will be for Placebo's new album.

good :nice:

BTW Today is Brian birthday :nice: :D

• 2 weeks later...
NEWS NEWS NEWS NEWS NEWS NEWS NEWS

according to a board (the owners say that they had talked with the bassist (Stefan Olsdal)):

good :nice:

BTW Today is Brian birthday :nice: :D

fucking good news babeh~

and I just realised I have missed Placebo in Singapore last year. :/

They came for some little 'showcasing'. HMV was issuing out tickets for those who buy Placebo's MEDS + any other album. It was very vague so I didn't know they they would actually come IN PERSON. I thought it's just some album showcase. So when I finally went back to HMV thinking I should go no matter what cos I love them, THE TICKETS ARE ALL GONE. :cry:

• 3 months later...

The last entrance on their myspace:

HOTEL PERSONA RELEASE DEBUT ALBUM- 'IN THE CLOUDS / EN LAS NUBES'

Stefans side project Hotel Persona is releasing their debut album this spring.

After spending the last couple of years DJ'ing and remixing, Stefan spent the break after Placebo's Meds tour completing the album with David Amen and Javier Solo.

The Spanish version 'En Las Nubes' is released through PIAS/Spain on 5th May, and the English version 'In The Clouds' through Edel in June.

The album includes collaborations with Brian Molko, Samantha Fox,Alaska, and Miguel Bosé.

Checkwww.myspace.com/hotelpersonafor tour dates and more information.

Placebo Team xoxo

http://www.myspace.com/hotelpersona

• 5 months later...

according to their myspace is true; the new drummer is Steve Forrest.

[11 Aug 2008 | Monday]

PLACEBO - THE RETURN!

Good news friends - Placebo are back in the studio working on a new album!

The band finished the last touring campaign in September of last year in the USA (on the Projekt Revolution tour with Linkin Park and My Chemical Romance) and since then took some much needed time out, and over the past couple of months have been hard at work writing and demoing the new material in London.

The boys are now recording with producer David Bottrill (the man behind Tool's 'Aenima', 'Salival' and 'Lateralus' albums, Silverchair's 'Diorama' and dEUS 'The Ideal Crash'). Engineering the album is James Brown who worked with the band on 'Meds'.

……….And on the drums with Placebo……..?????!!!!! Introducing.…..Mr Steve Forrest! From Modesto, California. Previously the drummer with the American rock band, 'Evaline'. Some of you may have spotted Steve playing with Evaline supporting Placebo on their US tour in October 06.

StevePic.jpg

Stay tuned for more news!!!

Placebo Team xoxo

• 1 month later...

new blog on their myspace :dance:

[19 nov 2008 | miércoles]

spacer.gif Placebo confirm first headline festival date for 2009!

Estado de ánimo actual: artistic.gif artístico/a

Some exciting news!

PLACEBO have been confirmed to headline the Nova Rock Festival in Austria on Saturday 20th June, 2009.

The NOVA ROCK Festival, presented by Orange, will take place between the 19th and 21st of June 2009, on the Pannonia Fields II, in the beautiful village of Nickelsdorf, Burgenland. The festival is now in it's fifth year!

Tickets costing 109EUR plus Booking fees are available in Austria at www.musicticket.at or directly in the Musicticketshop, in all Raiffeisenbanken (with discounts for club members) and www.ticketbox.at, at ÖTicket or www.oeticket.com and all ÖTicket distribution points, and Ticket Online at www.ticketonline.at

Tickets are available in Germany at Ticket Scharf or www.ticketscharf.de and throughout Europe at all known CTS Eventim advance-booking-stores.

Further information and tickets can be found at www.novarock.at or www.musicticket.at

Placebo Team xoxo

source

:dance:

• 1 month later...

nobody is checking that thread or what?

they are coming back on this year 2009

just got to know they have a new yt channel too:

http://www.youtube.com/user/officialplacebo

there are 3 vids, of his "first" concert, with the new drummer.

and 3 interviews. (2 preshow, 1 postshow)

(hadn't watched them all yet)

:uhoh: i must get used to their new "style" yet. :thinking:

they kind sound a bit different now, seems will go electric again.

The new drummer looks like a poser

yep, you are right :uhoh:

i must get used to him yet... i liked Steve, i must check what is about his solo work (he left the band because he has a solo project)

i don't see the point of leaving the band for that, 'cause the bassist is on another band too and hadn't left Placebo.

(is just me or seems they only have Steves there? ... you know bassist name is Stefan... drummer was Steve, new drummer is Steve, strange :confused: )

yep, you are right :uhoh:

i must get used to him yet... i liked Steve, i must check what is about his solo work (he left the band because he has a solo project)

i don't see the point of leaving the band for that, 'cause the bassist is on another band too and hadn't left Placebo.

(is just me or seems they only have Steves there? ... you know bassist name is Stefan... drummer was Steve, new drummer is Steve, strange :confused: )

i think it's just a coincidence. i like placebo a lot, i personally think they're a bit underrated here in uk, they are much more popular in europe.

anyway, i look forward to the new album, meds was awesome, and old stuff, too.

• 1 month later...

concert have been announced since the news about the new album and drummer:

29 may 2009 20:00 Siesta Festival Sweden

31 may 2009 20:00 Pinkpop Festival Netherlands

5 jun 2009 20:00 Rock Am Ring / Rock Im Park Germany

12 jun 2009 20:00 Provinssirock Finland

14 jun 2009 20:00 RockNess Festival Scotland

20 jun 2009 20:00 Nova Rock Festival Austria

21 jun 2009 20:00 ROMEXPO Romania

1 jul 2009 20:00 Quart Festival Norway

2 jul 2009 20:00 Rock Werchter Belgium

3 jul 2009 20:00 Arras Festival France

5 jul 2009 20:00 Heineken Open’er Festival Poland

10 jul 2009 20:00 Optimus Alive Festival Portugal

11 jul 2009 20:00 Bilbao Live Festival Spain

^^ from their myspace.

wow i dont think i've ever seen a well-known band play sooo many festivals in the one european summer. i'm sure they will do the UK fests in late july and august like reading and leeds and V festival.

why does it say 8pm next to each and every date. surely they won't be starting their set at the exact same time every night.

wow i dont think i've ever seen a well-known band play sooo many festivals in the one european summer. i'm sure they will do the UK fests in late july and august like reading and leeds and V festival.

why does it say 8pm next to each and every date. surely they won't be starting their set at the exact same time every night.

yep i'm sure they'll announce more festivals.

well i just copied and pasted what their myspace said :uhoh:

really all the concerts on the same time... is a bit strange... and surely if they will play on a festival... may be that's the time when the festival open. :thinking: i must check that.

• 2 weeks later...

NEW ALBUM "BATTLE FOR THE SUN" Release Date: June 8, 2009

The album, entitled 'Battle For The Sun', is the group's first new studio effort since 2006's 'Meds'.

The album's title track will be given a world exclusive play on BBC Radio One DJ Zane Lowe's show from 7pm today (March 17th).

'Battle For The Sun' was recorded over three months with producer Dave Bottrill in Toronto, Canada and mixed in London by Alan Moulder.

Singer Brian Molko said the band had made an album “about choosing life, about choosing to live, about stepping out of the darkness and into the light”.

He added: “Not necessarily turning your back on the darkness because it’s there, it’s essential; it’s a part of who you are, but more about the choice of standing in the sunlight instead.”

Battle For The SunDeluxe Box Set

2 hardback bound books in hard back slipcase

Book 1

Contains:

CD1: Full album + 2 exclusive bonus tracks

CD2: Live album tracks from forthcoming world tour – Blank CD that allows exclusive download of live recorded tracks, from selected live dates

DVD1: Live at Angkor Wat. Full concert performance shot in December 2008 of the band’s only show last year which was the first ever rock show to take place at the world famous Angkor Wat temple in Cambodia.

PLUS a film documenting the band’s trip to Cambodia, behind the scenes footage and interviews with the band

DVD2: In the studio; The making of 'Battle For The Sun' The album. A film featuring exclusive, never before seen, ‘fly on the wall’ footage of Placebo in the studio making the new album. Includes interviews with the band.

36 page photo book featuring shots from Angkor Wat and Cambodia.

Book 2

Contains:

2 x Heavy Vinyl LP

16 pages of handwritten lyrics & studio photos

Exclusive poster insert

1ST 500 ORDERS RECEIVED WILL BE PERSONALLY SIGNED BY THE BAND!

GOLDEN LAMINATE PASS*

1 Golden Laminate VIP pass will be hidden inside only 5 of the Box Sets! One lucky winner and a friend will come to a gig of your choice, we'll provide 2 nights accommodation, round trip travel and you'll get to watch the band soundcheck, have dinner with Brian, Stef and Steve at the venue before finally watching the show from side stage...!

*Not available to UK residents. UK residents click here to enter.

No Purchase Necessary

+ Free digital download of the album will be sent to you on day of releasePrice (incl. P&P) £ 70.00