✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Rank Coldplay's 6 Studio Albums

jc90

1. Viva La Vida or Death and All His Friends--I love every track on this album. I think that one of the reasons that it's the best is because there are so many unreleased songs from it--in Prospekts March (which is amazing) and the leaked demos. Lovers in Japan is so great, and I love Life In Technicolor as well.

2. A Rush of Blood to the Head--A Whisper is a little repetetive, but besides that, every track on this album is great. I especially love their style in this era.

3. Mylo Xyloto--I know everyone hates on this album, but I like it a lot. I think it was very noble of the band to try something new; something different from what they've done before. Paradise is amazing, ETIAW is great, and I love Charlie Brown and Hurts Like Heaven as well.

4. Ghost Stories--I've already heard all the songs from the album (that's my fault), and I kind of regret it, because I have nothing to look forward to for the release. However, I think either an EP will follow later this year or another LP next year, but we'll see. Overall, this is a great album, though. True Love is heartbreaking, and Always in My Head is as well. Fly On is the most beautiful Coldplay song I've ever heard.

5. Parachutes--It's just so peaceful to listen to this album. Even though it's slow, I love is so much because of that. We Never Change is one of the most peaceful songs ever, and I love Spies, Yellow, and Don't Panic.

6. X&Y--I love this album a lot, but one of the albums has to take the bottom spot. The messages of the album are a little confusing, and the lyrics don't make sense at times, but the songs are all great (except Twisted Logic is a little weird). Great album overall.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still really like Viva but there are some songs on it that I consider among Coldplay's worst. (Yes, 42) without those it would definitely beat MX. (I'm gonna get so much hate :( please don't be mean)

:) 42 and Yes are two of my favourite Coldplay tracks ever! :) Just because you have different taste doesn't mean you deserve hate or meanness! I wouldn't worry!

I still really like Viva but there are some songs on it that I consider among Coldplay's worst. (Yes, 42) without those it would definitely beat MX. (I'm gonna get so much hate :( please don't be mean)

lol, I have it ranked even lower (dead last), don't worry about it. Someone has to be last, but in this case it doesn't mean I don't like it, just that I like it less than others

:) 42 and Yes are two of my favourite Coldplay tracks ever! :) Just because you have different taste doesn't mean you deserve hate or meanness! I wouldn't worry!

I was partly kidding. There have just been some cases of distress over someone else's opinions on this forum.

Rank Coldplay's 6 LPs (New Challenger - Ghost Stories)

01. viva la vida or death amd all his friends //favourite tracks: 42, lovers in japan, chinese sleep chant, viva la vida and strawberry swing

02. parachutes // favourite tracks: don't panic, yellow and everything's not lost

03. ghost stories // favourite tracks: ink, midnight, another's arms and o (fly on)

04. a rush of blood to the head // favourite tracks: the scientist, green eyes, a rush of blood to the head and amsterdam

05. x&y // favourite tracks: fix you, x&y, speed of sound, low and till kingdome come

06. mylo xyloto // favourite tracks: us against the world, every teardrop is a waterfall, don't let it break your heart and up with the birds

1) A Rush of Blood to the Head - Oh god this album is excellent. Timeless piano riffs, timeless ballads, and lyrics with so much complexity and meaning. Politik, Clocks, Amsterdam, The Scientist, Green Eyes, In My Place, GPASUYF, and Warning Sign are all at the top fourth of Coldplay's catalog and they're all on this album. Actually, I'd say one of either Amsterdam or Politik earns the title Coldplay's best song all together (both are just one of my favorites, I can't pick out of any Coldplay song, but I have to admit one of those two is the best one they've made.

2) Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends/Prospekt's March - Obviously Coldplay's most creative era, this album was my gate to Coldplay. It all started for me when I was 14 years old and Viva La Vida was being played every two seconds on American radio stations, and then a look through their catalog and I found myself liking every single song, some more than others. Lovers In Japan will always be amazing, Violet Hill is stunning, but those hidden songs (excluding Reign of Love which got kinda boring after a while) are stunning. Chinese Sleep Chant is hypnotizing (pun intended ;)) and The Escapist is one of my favorite Coldplay songs. Postcards from Far away and Prospekt's March/Poppyfields could've easily been on the main album instead of the EP since both are beautiful songs. The themes in this album are complex and developed unlike any of their other records and the lyrics are almost as great as they are on AROBTTH.

3) Tie between Ghost Stories and Parachutes - I almost put Ghost Stories in front of Viva, but then I realized that I have to respect Viva's had half of a decade to sink in and Ghost Stories hasn't even made two days, so I'll have GS respect it's elder here. Then I couldn't pick between Parachutes and Ghost Stories. Both albums are the two most stripped back and calm Coldplay albums (not minding ASFoS). Parachutes has Shiver, Yellow, Trouble, and those beautiful two minutes called Don't Panic, while ghost stories has True Love, Oceans, AIMH, Midnight, and O, the latter of these being another top of the catalog song. The "Fly On" part is stunning but the "O" part of "O" is hauntingly beautiful, and Guy's work on both portions of "O" just propels it to the top of the list tied with Amsterdam and The Escapist for me on the album closer list.

5) Mylo Xyloto - Colorful, happy, optimistic, but too damn overproduced. With that being said, Charlie Brown has had me hooked since I saw the Rock am Ring live stream back in 2011, and this is not only the top song on the record, but one of Coldplay's masterpieces, even though I see many of you have completely lost taste for it. HLH is almost as amazing an opener as AIMH but not quite. ETIAW and Paradise are actually amazing songs despite the hate they on here got when they first came out; and UFO and UATW are beautiful songs which didn't get screwed by "Enoxification." Other than that UWTB never really got to me, Up In Flames eventually bored the crap out of me, and Rihanna is on a fucking Coldplay album. (I will never get over that)

6) X&Y - In the words of most diehard Coldplay fans, it's just wayyyyy too long. Coldplay has never made a song I straight up don't like, but this album has many of them that are close. With that being said, this album has many amazing songs. Jonny really developed here in my opinion... his work on Talk is amazing! Till' Kingdom Come, The Hardest Part, Swallowed in the Sea, and SoS are all great... The best song from this era is either Fix You or Gravity, and Gravity (mind you Gravity is just a B-Side). Eh, they tried too hard? Phil was gone? Who knows, but it's still a great album.

I didn't like 42 when I listened to it first too. But once I listened to the live version on the LRLRL live album, I became a believer :rolleyes:

1. Viva La Vida

2. A Rush of Blood To The Head

3. Parachutes

4. Prospekts March EP

5. X&Y

6. Ghost Stories

7. Mylo Xyloto

Having read a lot of replies in the thread. I am shocked to see how highly some rate MX & X&Y and even Ghost Stories - VLV, AROBTTH & Parachutes, & even Prospekts March EP, for me, are all in a class of their own.... But that's music for you & that's why no one is right or wrong, it's all about what you relate to.

1. A Rush of Blood To The Head

2. Viva La Vida Or Death and All His Friends (& Prospekts March)

3. Parachutes

4. X & Y

5. Mylo Xyloto

6. Ghost Stories

Not that I don't enjoy ghost stories it just doesn't connect with me currently, I am sure it will at some point.

1.Rush Of Blood To The Head- I have heard this album too many times to recall but its so irresistible than I can't stop myself going back. It made Coldplay what it is today and mixes simplicity with grandiose in such a profound way. Lyrically, its is one of Chris' best works and is in itself a complete piece of Brilliant music. I cannot say much about it because I love it too much.

2.Viva La Vida or Death and All His Friends- This is Coldplay at its most revolutionary and challenging. It questions the odds and the basics of todays society. The musical experience is varied and inspiring from african beats to very-unlike-Coldplay backgrounds, and the album stands as one of the best albums of modern times with or without the legacy of Coldplay attached to it.

3.Ghost Stories- It just released and is always probably going to be approached with care when talking about Coldplay, because it is Chris' break-up album. And the album itself is one of Coldplay strongest in terms of melody. It does have simple lyrics but the whole atmosphere it creates cannot help but move me. It is a homage to love-past, present and future.

4.Parachutes- Its a lovely sweet album of a group of young guys making nice music. Its in-offensive but a little too monotonous sometimes. There are lovely gems all over and is one of the strongest debut albums of modern times. Chris, I believe was still finding his trademark voice and sounds really emotional.

5.X&Y- This album has 'Fix You' which is brilliant mind you, and is one of the strongest collaborations between Chris and Jonny. The guitar is very strong in the album but as a whole it kind of sounds the same. It is very melodious but never makes me just sit up and get startled. I think the exceptions are 'Swallowed in the Sea' and 'Twisted Logic'.

6.Mylo Xyloto- I don't really like this album. 'Major Minus' kind of stands out for me and 'Moving on to Mars' from this era but else than that I can't define this era as positive. I think the perfect word for this album would be "too much". There are some nice lyrics but the huge-ness of it made me kind of shrink away from it.

1. A Rush of Blood to the Head

2. X&Y

3. Parachutes

4. Ghost Stories

5. Mylo Xyloto

6. Viva la vida or Death and All His Friends

That was hard though...

I think it's a tie between Parachutes and GS...

Sent from my GT-B5330L using Tapatalk

1. Ghost Stories - I may be alone but personally listening to this record with a good set of headphones you realise what an absolutely STUNNING piece of music this really is, it has everything. Although I am a massive Coldplay fan I always listen to loads of different songs from different albums and rarely all in one and thats because Coldplay write great tunes but actually with this album I will listen in its entirety. I dont understand how you guys cant love this album its sooooo dreammy.

2. Rush Of Blood - Great Record, Great tunes , we woulnt be on this forum without it

3. VLV - Some absolute bangers, Death and all his friends that track wow , also the prospekt ep with glass of water although its even better on LRLRL.

4. Parachute - its got everythings not lost and life is for living so obviously a great record, oh and also shiver. However I would like a little more varioation in a record

5. X&Y - Got my fav CP track with Fix You but I dunno it feels a little tired, Swallowed in the sea is stunning

6. MX - HMMM, didnt like it very much bit poppy and not what I htought CP were about

X&Y>A Rush of Blood to The Head>Viva La Vida or Death and All His Friends>Parachutes>Mylo Xyloto>>>>>>>Dog shit>>>>>Nickelback>>>>>>>Ghost Stories

Ghost Stories is easily my least favorite and it's not even close.

It's Hard to me to rank the all 6 album from Coldplay. Because the memory when I heard the album. I Love all the album. 1. A Rush Of Blood To The Head

2. Viva La Vida and Death all His Friends

3. X & Y

4. Ghost Stories

5. Parachutes

6. Mylo Xyloto

1. X&Y-Not a song on here I get tiered of

2. AROBTTH

Prospekt's March-Know it's not an LP and thats why I haven't given it a number but this is where I would put it

3. VLV/Ghost Stories-Tie if you include the bonus tracks on GS

5. Parachutes/MX

This was one of the hardest things I have done as there is so little separating them and I feel I have betrayed the albums I ranked low.

Better post this now as I keep changing the list every time I look over it.