🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My God you guys, you have been ranting about the same freaking thing for what felt like 3940834 pages already. This thread is about LP SEVEN, we haven't heard anything new yet, so why are you all talking about the album like you've already listened to it? Stick to the topic and leave the discussions about old songs to the fitting threads please.

And your hoping for any news coming out tomorrow or maybe the day after tomorrow or maybe wednesday or maybe next month or maybe your birthday or perhaps the day after your freaking birthday won't change a damn thing aLRIGHT.

Basically that:

First off all, refreshing that for once there were only 5 pages to go through today, even though these 5 pages were about virtually NOTHING new :wink2:

I mean, it's totally fine if you voice your opinion about the new album you don't know crap about, and if you rant about the band's clothes being the new outfit for the new album because that's totally verified since you all are so damn sure about that, and yes it will be MX² because of the colours, it must be, right? So let's start a heated discussion about this theoretical concept and post 320 different views on that on how much you actually hate/like MX.

So, have you any new stuff to contribute, anything we haven't heard yet?

New pictures?

New audio material?

NO?

Well damn, that's too bad, maybe you rather wait for actual content to appear to post your opinions to.

giphy.gif

First off all, refreshing that for once there were only 5 pages to go through today, even though these 5 pages were about virtually NOTHING new ;)

I hope the audio will be released tomorrow...that would be awesome. I don't need a music video right now, i just need an audio !

As for In my Place, yes there are some similarities in the guitar riff to the posted song but it's still one of the best Coldplay songs ! Am I the only person who actually likes the lyrics on In my Place ?

I love the lyrics to all coldplay songs even if they're cheesy or don't make sense. [emoji23]

@Batman

Y'know, I feel the same way. I wish ppl would use this thread only for LP7, and for actual news and such. But whenever I bring it up, I get hated on. Hard. "It's an internet forum for us to voice our opinions!" they tell me. But yeah, I wish I didn't have to wade through pages and pages of "I agree" and the same shit over and over again. Just know that I am sooo with you on this.

@Batman

Y'know, I feel the same way. I wish ppl would use this thread only for LP7, and for actual news and such. But whenever I bring it up, I get hated on. Hard. "It's an internet forum for us to voice our opinions!" they tell me. But yeah, I wish I didn't have to wade through pages and pages of "I agree" and the same shit over and over again. Just know that I am sooo with you on this.

Well at least someone that agrees, thanks. I hate wading through useless junk posts in threads that are meant for actual content.

@AMDB9: Great !

The similarity is in the guitar riff, but honestly, for nearly every song nowadays can you find something that has a similar sound for part of the song...there's only so many sounds, so I wouldn't freak out about that too much.

As for the lyrics you mentioned, yeah I actually like them. But I prefer the "tired and underprepared" part ;)

I agree, there's only so many sounds and songs and different melodies you can come up with, some days undoubtedly one artist is going to get an idea that someone else already came up with. But usually these ideas are used differently and usually make something new.

As for the lyrics I see what you mean, and the lyrics "tired and underprepared", while vague, it's actually great that it's vague because then you can attach your own meaning onto it to make it mean more to the listener personally. And that's what I like about the Coldplay songs that dno't really have specific lyrics. I throw my own personal meanings and thoughts onto them all the time which IMO gives the listener a better experience knowing they can connect it to their personal life. That's a part of why Coldplay has been so great for so long and fans have stayed. I like what Coldplay's doing there. :P

Don't get your hopes up, guys!

Hopefully tomorrow but we could be waiting for another few weeks!

I don't see us waiting more than up to the iHeart festival. It's very unlikely Coldplay would go there with no new content to showcase. :P There is a very slim chance you're right though, and I so hope that's not the case.

Yeah, I dont see the point in setting yourselves up for disappointment when you can just patiently wait until Friday....

Personally that's one thing I'm doing right now. I'm not saying "For Sure tomorrow's going to be the big day!" I certainly hope that but I'm not overthinking the release date or anything. I'm just going to let it happen and not have any expectations whatsoever so when the time does come I'll smash my monitor in excitement. (okay, not really, but you get what I'm saying here).

Message from the poster: Putting the message in spoilers as to not make my post appear too long and get in the way of other potentially important imformation.

My God you guys, you have been ranting about the same freaking thing for what felt like 3940834 pages already. This thread is about LP SEVEN, we haven't heard anything new yet, so why are you all talking about the album like you've already listened to it? Stick to the topic and leave the discussions about old songs to the fitting threads please.

And your hoping for any news coming out tomorrow or maybe the day after tomorrow or maybe wednesday or maybe next month or maybe your birthday or perhaps the day after your freaking birthday won't change a damn thing aLRIGHT.

Basically that:

I mean, it's totally fine if you voice your opinion about the new album you don't know crap about, and if you rant about the band's clothes being the new outfit for the new album because that's totally verified since you all are so damn sure about that, and yes it will be MX² because of the colours, it must be, right? So let's start a heated discussion about this theoretical concept and post 320 different views on that on how much you actually hate/like MX.

New pictures?

New audio material?

NO?

Well damn, that's too bad, maybe you rather wait for actual content to appear to post your opinions to.

giphy.gif

I'm so liking this post. People need to stop complaining about an album that hasn't even had any official photos been released yet. The only official news on this album was released on that one interview and that Coldplay timeline so far as of right now and to my knowledge anyways. As for Wednesday's photos resembling MX, nothing has been confirmed that those outfits will be a thing throughout the album. It may just be for that one thing they're doing. We haven't even heard a single yet and people still just judge the album off of a few unofficial photos. For the people who hate MX and everything to do with it, calm down, because those are unofficial photos and nothin's been confirmed about those outfits yet by Coldplay.

I heard from one guy back lots of pages that when they went there, the place was just amazing. It was so surreal he really couldn't put it into words. I think this album's going to be great. Just calm down. We haven't heard one second of actual music yet so even if it appears colorful it may be a whole different deal than MX. Some people just don't like it because it's overproduced and overpolished, That is true in some songs, but not so much in others. I'm pretty sure Coldplay's learning from what they did wrong in the past and I'm pretty sure they're going to do an even better job this time. If this does end up being a repeat of MX 2.0 (which is most likely not to happen since each and every one of Coldplay's albums has been different so far, which is yet another reason people need to stop complaining) I'm pretty sure it's going to be what MX could have been: the same upbeat and uplifting songs, without the overproduction, as I've said once in the past.

All in all, just calm down everyone who's complaining about the new album. They've never done the same thing twice and it's likely this won't be a complete repeat of MX. It's probably going to be even better so we'll just have to wait and see. :P

Well at least someone that agrees, thanks. I hate wading through useless junk posts in threads that are meant for actual content.

I think it just stems from you and I being here for more than 1 era and growing tired of the same formula. And this isn't some elitist thing i'm trying to say; that i'm better because i've been here longer or something. But as a matter of fact, I've been on this forum since X&Y and I've been through the LP4, LP5, LP6, and LP7 thread and they're all the same.

I think it just stems from you and I being here for more than 1 era and growing tired of the same formula. And this isn't some elitist thing i'm trying to say. But as a matter of fact, I've been on this forum since X&Y and I've been through the LP4, LP5, LP6, and LP7 thread and they're all the same.

Yes, there is nothing more to add, I agree with you 100%.

Now let's wait for the people who will totally ignore us and spam this thread further with unsubstantial posts.

Basically that:

New pictures?

New audio material?

NO?

giphy.gif

I think it just stems from you and I being here for more than 1 era and growing tired of the same formula. And this isn't some elitist thing i'm trying to say; that i'm better because i've been here longer or something. But as a matter of fact, I've been on this forum since X&Y and I've been through the LP4, LP5, LP6, and LP7 thread and they're all the same.

:curtain:

Hi guys

I mean hi to you, too.

Wait so there is no chance that we will hear the new sing tomorrow even if it isn't released?

There's still a chance, but don't get your hopes up or you may be dissapointed. As I have said before I'm not going to put up any real expectations so it can just happen and I can go crazy when audio's released. It'd be great if it was up tomorrow but I'm not expecting anything

Sweet! That's going to be great! I'm going to hear live what they've came up with! :D

Yes, there is nothing more to add, I agree with you 100%.

Now let's wait for the people who will totally ignore us and spam this thread further with unsubstantial posts.

I've heard from the best friend of the step-sister of the aunt of someone working for a cafe that used to be located in the same street as the Bakery that Chris will surprise fans with a rap rendition of In my Place, called "In da Place, yeah (feat. Kanye West)" at a secret gig in Norway tomorrow and that the new music video will be premiered there too. The single will be called No Silence in Colours.

Guys, this is it ! Tomorrow's the day. I'm so looking forwrd to it ! SUper excited

I'm right there with you and Batman, both. I came in at some point during the Viva era and have been wading through non-essential information ever since. One out of every 50-100 posts seem relevant to the actual topic (the new record), and even some of those few posts are absurd (e.g. I heard that the new single is going to sound like older singles "A" and "B"; therefore, this new single, "C", is going to be rubbish. I hate the new album already.).

Some of the relevant posts, however, are pure gold (or spot-on), and it is because of those posts that I hang around. As long as I have been here, as you can tell, I haven't commented very much. The reason for that is either because I have nothing to add to what anyone else has said, or because I have no new information to offer. It's for that reason that my post count is so low, and I don't think that's a bad thing. Too many people post to say nothing at all, and while I don't mean that as a personal attack, I do think it is proper to actually be considerate of the forum and its dedicated topic and try to keep discussion relevant to it.

TL;DR I 3rd your notion (or 4th, or 5th--the order is irrelevant). Keep discussion relevant and focused. Disregard discussion better suited for a different sub-forum.

TL;DR I 3rd your notion (or 4th, or 5th--the order is irrelevant). Keep discussion relevant and focused. Disregard discussion better suited for a different sub-forum.

I really don't wanna dwell longer than I have to on the topic but I will add that I love to read good, well thought out opinions. For example, I singled out user KidA before for having very high quality posts.

I don't have a problem with ppl voicing their opinions. I have a problem when multiple users (no one in particular) voice the same opinion for pages and pages based on extreme hypotheticals and backed up by a lack of facts.

Technically, it isn't against any rules, and yes, its a messageboard to voice opinions, but fuck is it ever tedious to read the same thing over and over.

I agree our discussions may be too much, i.e. too many pages for nothing. But on the other hand, generally, what should we discuss about if there is nothing new ? You may say, we should not post anything and keep the thread silent. But that is not the purpose of a forum either, is it ? It is natural that people enjoy discussing with other Coldplay fans because they love talking to like-minded people, bc it eases the waiting time for AHFOD etc. Obviously the most active thread on here will always be the one whose topic most people are interested in, which at the moment is AHFOD. I also think you should not ignore the term "probability". Yes, we know nothing for sure at the moment, but there is such a thing as probability. The pictures we have seen make some conclusions simply more probable than others. For instance the patches Chris wore on the very first pic that appeared with Indian fans were clearly similar in style to Mylo Xyloto. The similarity is a FACT. The conclusion "AHFOD WILL be similar to MX" is wrong. The conclusion "The clothes style perceived >>>increases the probability<<< that AHFOD will be similar to MX" is, however, correct, and I think it'd be OK for us to discuss that.

Just my 2 cents...

I'm right there with you and Batman, both. I came in at some point during the Viva era and have been wading through non-essential information ever since. One out of every 50-100 posts seem relevant to the actual topic (the new record), and even some of those few posts are absurd (e.g. I heard that the new single is going to sound like older singles "A" and "B"; therefore, this new single, "C", is going to be rubbish. I hate the new album already.).

Some of the relevant posts, however, are pure gold (or spot-on), and it is because of those posts that I hang around. As long as I have been here, as you can tell, I haven't commented very much. The reason for that is either because I have nothing to add to what anyone else has said, or because I have no new information to offer. It's for that reason that my post count is so low, and I don't think that's a bad thing. Too many people post to say nothing at all, and while I don't mean that as a personal attack, I do think it is proper to actually be considerate of the forum and its dedicated topic and try to keep discussion relevant to it.

giphy.gif