✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Ghost Stories Tour discussion thread

RiotFever

So, if there was a Ghost Stories tour :rolleyes:

When do you think it would start? What would be the setlist? What songs would they leave out from older tours? Would they leave out from the tour setlist one song from the album (as they did with Twisted Logic, U.f.o, chinese sleep chant)? What will be the visuals? Will there be something special like the xylobands or anything else? What clothes will the band wear to play? New instruments? Will it be a stadium filling tour or something more intimate? Will they play at any music festivals? Will there be a live album? :thinking:

Discuss.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone knows why Coldplay didn't wanna make a tour? Possibly because of Ghost Stories being made for a personal album approach or Coldplay had planned for the next album?

They wanted to do an intimate 360° -tour (not like U2 but with screens all around the stage), but that would have been to expensive, if I remember correctly.

Does anyone knows why Coldplay didn't wanna make a tour? Possibly because of Ghost Stories being made for a personal album approach or Coldplay had planned for the next album?

I think it was said in the Zane interview that the felt like if they charged a lot of ppl to go to their concerts it would diminish the message of the song in some way. I can respect that, but still not happy they aren't coming to Toronto....

Does anyone else feel like the next album will be along very soon in context with the average time between the other albums? This is an awesome album but without a tour or anything substantial maybe we are in for more of a stadium filling album next time around

Guest kmm1482

It does feel as though they were working on two albums. This one seems rather Chris-centric, sparse and personal. Plus Chris said he was still working in that studio in the Zane interview. I also agree with Chris not wanting to take this album on a world tour

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I asked for a big tour. And he said, "There will be a tour, but I can't say when" He smiled.

I think those were the exact words and I think it starts possibly later this year (Dec.), if previously an EP is released (LP 7.2). Think of the removed amazon thing ("the final UK concert this year")

A German newspaper wrote a few weeks ago about a concert at the stadium in Hamburg. Summer 2015.

• 2 weeks later...

Encouraging news, if true.

I mean, seriously, no big tour because of the 360 degree scene? Come on, you could make a gig in an empty room on the floor and it's still would be great!

I think Chris is just tired and exhausted, remember how boys cancelled announced South America MX leg?

But it would be a huge bummer waiting for my another live gig 8-9 years (I've been at Mountain View in 2009 the last, waited for another leg of MX, because any Europe show has been sell out - got nothing, and now GS are going without a major tour). No way!!!

I just watched an entire coldplay concert back in 2009... Now that was a concert. 1 hour 40 minutes, 24 songs, songs from all eras. Just an overall amazing concert. I think Coldplay has to increase their setlists. I know its a sensitive topic, but they have six albums. 14 songs is not sufficent enough. I think something in the 20's would amazing. Going back to 1hr and a half concert would allow them to bring back classics, cover the new stuff, and play the hits. Maybe a fun cover. Viva Era was amazing for a perfectly balanced live concert. MX era was extremely upbeat, and while it was fun, I still think Viva was better.

I asked for a big tour. And he said, "There will be a tour, but I can't say when" He smiled.

I think those were the exact words and I think it starts possibly later this year (Dec.), if previously an EP is released (LP 7.2). Think of the removed amazon thing ("the final UK concert this year")

A German newspaper wrote a few weeks ago about a concert at the stadium in Hamburg. Summer 2015.

Whaaat wow what was written on the newspaper exactly?

I just watched an entire coldplay concert back in 2009... Now that was a concert. 1 hour 40 minutes, 24 songs, songs from all eras. Just an overall amazing concert. I think Coldplay has to increase their setlists. I know its a sensitive topic, but they have six albums. 14 songs is not sufficent enough. I think something in the 20's would amazing. Going back to 1hr and a half concert would allow them to bring back classics, cover the new stuff, and play the hits. Maybe a fun cover. Viva Era was amazing for a perfectly balanced live concert. MX era was extremely upbeat, and while it was fun, I still think Viva was better.

Agree :nod: I disscussed the same thing with my friends last night. Viva concerts were the best ones. Mx was also good with the xylobands and lazers.

I still don't understand why they played only 14-15 songs during the last gigs. encore is just after 1 hour. That's like a silly joke for all people in the venue.

I still don't understand why they played only 14-15 songs during the last gigs. encore is just after 1 hour. That's like a silly joke for all people in the venue.

I think the reason is Chris, it seems he often had some problems with voice and that's why it's a short tracklist nowadays. Or I'm just inventing things. It may has something to do with boys desire everything to be pitch-perfect and that could mean less songs, more quality.

But yeah, would be great to see two hours show, like U2 always performs, perhaps less gigs but longer setlist.

I think the reason is Chris, it seems he often had some problems with voice and that's why it's a short tracklist nowadays. Or I'm just inventing things. It may has something to do with boys desire everything to be pitch-perfect and that could mean less songs, more quality.

But yeah, would be great to see two hours show, like U2 always performs, perhaps less gigs but longer setlist.

Well Paul freaking McCartney does 3 hour shows, and while his voice is far from perfect, its a journey that I recommend for any beatle fan. And I could care less for a pitch perfect Chris. Unless he feels there is harm in doing long concerts, I don't understand why they are losing minutes every era in their concerts. X&Y was an hour and a half. Viva at its best was almost two hours. MX was an hour and a bit, sometimes an hour and a half. And now we are back to an hour. Maybe its just because they're smaller concerts. I really hope thats it.

I think the show are short because it's not a tour but a promo tour for the new album. In 2012 Muse do the same with gig in small venue with a set of 15 - 17 song.

I think for the next tour there'll be between 20 and 22 songs.

Only 2 years before the next tour, it'n not so long.

• 4 weeks later...

it's looking like that yeah... Unless they still go to Latin America (which I really really hope). But yeah in the few interviews they did they have said that they won't do a big tour because it doesn't fit the album. I hope LP7 arrives soon.

edit: ^yeah but that's the small tour, I think she was talking about a big tour

Ooooh nooo:bigcry: I didn't made it to the Cologne concert which was already depressing but back then I comforted myself with the thought that I would see them soon enough... I hope it too that LP7 arrives soon, but soon is like "in 2 months" for me, so I guess that won't happen :P

Yeah indeed that was what I meant, thank you :)

btw, did you made it to a Ghost Stories show? :)