✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Glastonbury Festival 2015

Remember when those guys were on here from the efestivals site, moaning about Coldplay headlining this year??

Now they have Kanye West instead lol and they're not happy!!3691365a270382c540c19a9e2f9220b3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hahahaha!!! At least they got what was coming to them, I don't like the booking but I'll be watching on TV so I can turn it off if he starts ranting about something or other.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw him at the Brits a few weeks ago and he sounded terrible. Fortunately, I only had to sit through one song of his. Really surprised Glastonbury booked him though. As the eFestivals guy said, he goes completely against the ethos of Glastonbury and what Glastonbury is all about. He'd be perfect for Wireless, but not Glasto.

There was uproar when Jay-Z was playing. I'd expect it to be 3x more objection than that decision even

What's that saying....be careful what you wish for??

All those efestival guys moaning about Coldplay headlining, now we've proved that story wrong, and now they've ended up with Kanye West [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There was uproar when Jay-Z was playing. I'd expect it to be 3x more objection than that decision even

This year has one difference to 2008, that year was a slow ticket seller with tickets available to buy upto a couple days before the gates opened. This year the tickets sold out within a matter of hours, although it will be interesting to know how many of those tickets purchased in October will be paid off in full before the deadline.

Glastonbury isn't just about the music, it is about the atmosphere of being with so many varied people in one place.

At for Kayne West headlining, it will be interesting if he can turn the doubters around, Jay-Z had doubters which he turned around with an amazing show, so much potential for it to become a legendary headlining performance for good or for bad (i.e. 10 minute rant about various crap, playing only songs from his new album etc)

• 4 weeks later...

They won't let it rest

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/showbiz-tv/music/436667/Glastonbury-line-up-pharrell-williams-alt-j-florence-and-the-machine

[h=1]Are Coldplay Glastonbury's mystery 'special guests'?[/h] COLDPLAY are the bookies favourites to take the final headline spot at Glastonbury after the line-up was released featuring Pharrell Williams, Florence and the machine and "Special Guest".

coldplay-436667.jpg

The band are being backed by Ladbrokes to head the Pyramid Stage on the Sunday evening.

According to the book-makers the Glasto favourites are 3/1 to close the festival and make their fourth appearance at the event.

The latest announcement revealed over 70 artists that will be making an appearance at the iconic Worthy Farm festival this summer – and follows the news that Kanye West will headline on June 27.

The line-up was shared via the event's social media pages, saying: "Here is our first line-up announcement for Glastonbury Festival 2015".

A poster released with the tweet sees West and fellow headliners Foo Fighters appear at the top-centre, followed by a host of other names – including George Ezra, soul legend Lionel Richie and heavy metal headbangers Motorhead.

The words "Special Guests" also features beneath the headliners, seemingly representing the unconfirmed third headline act.

Despite rumours, Britpop legends Blur have denied they will be filling the final spot.

The Vaccines, Mary J Blige, La Roux, Wolf Alice, Clean Bandit, Jungle, Jamie xx, Azealia Banks, FKA twigs and The Chemical Brothers are among the new performers listed.

A petition to drop West from the line-up was launched last month, prompting Emily Eavis – Glastonbury's co-organiser and daughter of founder Michael – to "question the dark underbelly of the web".

For more information about Glastonbury Festival visit http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk

For the latest odds on potential headliners see sports.ladbrokes.com/en-gb

These rumours just won't go away will they! Looking at the odds, I'd probably put my money on Muse at 16/1 (Stunned the odds are so long for them!). Doubt it will be Coldplay though. Possibly for 2016, but not this year.

Another rumor but with 1D and Madonna :P

Coldplay, One Direction, Madonna for Glastonbury 2015?

April 15th, 2015 by Lisa McGarry.

coldplaytop4.jpg

Coldplay are favoured by Ladbrokes to headline the Pyramid Stage on Sunday evening at Glastonbury 2015.

The rumour mill is going into overdrive thanks to organisers simply mentioning “special guests” when announcing this year’s line up, however the betting suggests Glasto favourites Coldplay (3/1) could close the festival and make their fourth appearance at Worthy Farm on the main stage, or it’s a 4/1 shot the Stone Roses get the honour.

Madonna and Blur share odds of 5/1, while it’s a 6/1 shot Taylor Swift heads over to Pilton after performing in Hyde Park the previous day. Man of the moment Ed Sheeran is chalked up at 10/1 to get the nod from Michael Eavis.

Jessica Bridge of Ladbrokes said: “The betting’s wide open, but it’s Oasis that punters are desperate to see reform at Glastonbury. Stranger things have happened, but sadly for fans of the Gallagher brothers it looks like it will be a special Sunday for Coldplay.”

madonna-grammys-460x266.jpg

Ladbrokes latest betting

To headline the Pyramid Stage on Sunday evening at Glastonbury 2015

Coldplay 3/1

Stone Roses 4/1

Madonna 5/1

Blur 5/1

Taylor Swift 6/1

Elton John 7/1

Oasis 8/1

Ed Sheeran 10/1

Paul McCartney 12/1

Sam Smith 14/1

Radiohead 16/1

Muse 16/1

Rod Stewart 20/1

One Direction 25/1

one-direction-four-460x326.jpg

http://www.unrealitytv.co.uk/showbiz/coldplay-one-direction-madonna-for-glastonbury-2015/

If Coldplay announce they are playing then that means we are getting LP7 way sooner than expected. They wouldn't play Glasto without some new big tracks imo. That would make it a similar release to MX maybe. If not then I bet we won't be getting new music until near the end of the year. So.....In short....

I REALLY HOPE THEY ARE PLAYING GLASTO THIS YEAR!!

efestivals are at it again. this time supposedly based on a comment from glastonbury organizer, that chris (or coldplay?) is involved in the sunday headliner.

Farmer Eavis fuels more headliner speculation

Farmer and founder of Glastonbury Festival Michael Eavis has sparked new speculation about the third headline act following a talk last night at London's Victoria & Albert Museum where he discussed music, politics and the history of the festival.

After the session Eavis hinted that the Sunday headliner consisted to two acts to be announced. The next announcement is set for the 1st June and will be a "big one". When further pressed he also apparently revealed the bands involved were "most likely" British and that Coldplay's Chris Martin was involved.

eFestivals revealed last year that our sources had suggested Martin was to headline but we were then told by Emily Eavis that they were not the final headlining act this year.

Last night's V&A event coincided with the 45th anniversary of Earth Day (which takes place on Tuesday 20th April) which was celebrated last weekend in Washington in the White House’s backyard.

The outdoor concert saw acts including My Morning Jacket, Train, Fall Out Boy, and Mary J Blige play to an audience that was estimated to exceed 300,000 people, and was headlined by No Doubt who were joined on stage by Usher, and Will.i.am and Global Citizen’s curator for the next 15 years, Chris Martin.

Chris Martin has always been a leading light in the 'Drop The Debt' campaign and is the figurehead of the humanitarian group's 15-year campaign to help 1.2 billion people currently living in poverty globally. Global Citizen and the United Nations' Sustainable Development Goals hope to put new actions in place to help make poverty history by 2030 and asks citizens across the world call for a just and fair world trade.

Earlier this year he told journalists, "I’m Chris, I’m from the band Coldplay, some of you probably have slagged us off in your magazines. I always felt that, as a musician, we show up for one day for a cause and we really believe in what we’re talking about, but then the next day we have our own concerns. I want to try to have a more long-term relationship between artists and people who are really trying to affect change in the world."

This year marks a big milestone for end global poverty and climate change events wiith Live Earth - The Concert for a Climate in Crisis returning this summer with a European date set for Paris on Saturday 18th July 2015. It's possible that Glastonbury's brace of headlining acts or possibly an augmented supergoup may head up that event too.

eFestivals is wondering if that could include No Doubt whose 2015 comeback gig last weekend was the first in a planned series of nearly a dozen festivals for the band this year, six of which have been announced in the USA in May and September. The band also last appeared at the festival back in 2002.

Speaking at the Grammys back in February, No Doubt lead singer Gwen Stefani, said, "We did do some music, and we have some stuff on file, and we'll probably be doing some more, and we have about five big shows coming up and some festivals".

This year also marks the 30th year of Live Aid, and its possible that Chris Martin could appear alongside an act or acts that graced that bill, with fans hoping for members of Queen, or Pink Floyd.

Although at this stage just about anything is possible, we just don't know. However, it's clear the Festival organisers do, and we'll just have to wait and see in June who it will be.

Acts confirmed so far include Friday headliner Foo Fighters, and Saturday headliner Kanye West, with Father John Misty, Courtney Barnett, Lionel Richie, Patti Smith & her band, Florence + The Machine, Pharrell Williams, Alt-J, Motorhead, Mary J Blige, Alabama Shakes, Paloma Faith, The Waterboys, The Fall, George Ezra, Rudimental, Deadmau5, The Vaccines, The Maccabees, Suede, The Chemical Brothers (live), Belle & Sebastian, Clean Bandit, Jungle, Jamie XX, Gregory Porter, Super Furry Animals, Jon Hopkins, Sharon Van Etten, Kate Tempest, Wolf Alice, Perfume Genius, Fat White Family, La Roux, Death Cab For Cutie, Kasai Allstars, FFS (Franz Ferdinand & Sparks), Modestep, Circa Waves, Peace, Young Fathers, The Moody Blues, Chronixx, Mavis Staples, FKA Twigs, Caribou, Goat, Future Islands, Run the Jewels, Hot Chip, Flying Lotus, Azealia Banks, Todd Terje, Ryan Adams, Spiritualized, Roy Ayers, The Mothership Returns: George Clinton, Parliament, Funkadelic & The Family Stone, Jamie T, Ben Howard, Mark Ronson, Ibeyi, Rae Morris, Enter Shikari, Lianne La Havas, Jessie Ware, Death From Above 1979, Years And Years, Sleaford Mods, Charli XCX, The Pop Group, Catfish & The Bottlemen, Ella Eyre, Hozier, and the entrants for the Emerging Talent competition Declan McKenna, Shields, K.O.G & the Zongo Brigade, MoD, Princess Slayer, Lucy Kitchen, Isaac Lee-Kronick, and Jakl.

This year's sold out Glastonbury Festival runs for five full days from Wednesday 24th until Sunday 28th June 2015 across over a 1,000 acres of beautiful countryside at Worthy Farm, Pilton in Somerset.

As ever, entry includes a free programme. Once again, the Festival will be raising more than £2 million in funds for Oxfam, Wateraid, Greenpeace and and hundreds of other worthy causes, both local and international.

The full complete line-up will not be announced until next month. Expect something like 2,000 performances at over 100 venues including music, cabaret, theatre, circus, a fantastic Kidz area, poetry, green crafts and information, site art, decor, and loads, loads more ... much more than just the music, so make sure you check it all out!

As usual eFestivals will bring you the very best-sourced rumours, allowing festival-goers to see who is playing long before the bands are formally announced - keep your eyes on the Glastonbury 2015 rumours, updated as we receive information.

what do you think? i still have doubts that he is talking about coldplay performing. for two things, guy and jonny denied it. then emily eavis denied it.

Digital Spy brings up a few interesting points

[h=1]It's a big one! Final Glastonbury headliner is apparently two acts[/h]Despite Glastonbury Festival confirming over 70 acts last week, there's still one massive question left unanswered: who is the final headliner?

It's an answer we'll have to wait until June 1 to find out, apparently, after Michael Eavis revealed during a talk at the V&A museum in London last night (April 21) that's when the big announcement will be.

music_glastonbury_2011_coldplay_1.jpg

music-michael-eavis-glastonbury-festival-sunday.jpg

But farmer Eavis had more teasing to do. He alluded that it may not necessarily be a final headliner to announce, but rather final headliners.

The announcement, he went on to emphasise, will be a "big one", according to eFestivals, while he added that the bands involved were "most likely" British.

Although Emily Eavis has asserted that Coldplay aren't the final headliner earlier this year, Michael Eavis has explained that frontman Chris Martin is involved with the upcoming announcement.

451193358.jpg© Getty Images / Matt Cardy

So now, instead of having the one simple question of 'who is the final headliner?', we have even more queries.

Is Chris Martin doing a special acoustic set with someone? Will it be a supergroup scenario? Has he helped The Stone Roses write new material to perform? Was Emily bluffing and Coldplay are, in fact, the final headliners with special guests?

We'll have to stick it out until June 1 to find out.

Regarding lolla berlin

"remaining act, [which] might have been the first one to be booked, yet…will be the last one to be revealed during a grand event," according to a statement released announcing the lineup.

That would mean they would have booked coldplay as one of the first bands a long time ago, i don't see it happening.