✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

***Coldplay RECORD Elimination Game***

I ran away

I vote A Rush of Blood to the Head :(

I love it so much, but Viva la Vida is something else. That album exceeds everything the band has done musically, and it's the perfect bridge between "oldplay" and the band's new sound. Lovers in Japan, Lost!, Strawberry Swing, Violet Hill, Life in Technicolor. It's gotta be Coldplay's best album, at least that's my opinion.:viva:

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im going to vote for VLV to go

It's a great album and experimentation done right. And it has songs like VLV, LiJ, 42

But....

AROBTTH has a better sound and it really captures what Coldplay is.....and it has more of some of Coldplay's greatest songs like Clocks, The Scientist, GPASUYF, AROBTTH, Politik, etc.....so, in my opinion, AROBTTH wins

Politik > The Escapist/LiT

In My Place > Cemeteries of London

GPASUYF > Lost!

The Scientist > 42

Clocks > Lovers in Japan/Reign of Love

Daylight < Yes/Chinese Sleep Chant

Green Eyes < VLV

Warning Sign < Violet Hill

A Whisper < Strawberry Swing

AROBTTH > Death and all his Friends

Amsterdam > The Escapist

The fact of the matter is, AROBTTH is considered one of the best albums of all time and while VLV is a great album it just doesn't have the same significance, class and influence AROBTTH has had. AROBTTH is Coldplay at their creative peak, everything just comes together to create a very earthly and fervent sound. All the elements work together flawlessly. Jonny's guitar snarls, Chris's piano sounds like audible perfection, Guy's basslines act as fluid to move everything along and Will's drums are loud! It's a very stripped back record and feels cohesive. The talent shines through rather than synth sounds and lovely production.

It's AROBTTH everyday of the week.

Politik > The Escapist/LiT

In My Place > Cemeteries of London

GPASUYF > Lost!

The Scientist > 42

Clocks > Lovers in Japan/Reign of Love

Daylight < Yes/Chinese Sleep Chant

Green Eyes < VLV

Warning Sign < Violet Hill

A Whisper < Strawberry Swing

AROBTTH > Death and all his Friends

Amsterdam > The Escapist

The fact of the matter is, AROBTTH is considered one of the best albums of all time and while VLV is a great album it just doesn't have the same significance, class and influence AROBTTH has had. AROBTTH is Coldplay at their creative peak, everything just comes together to create a very earthly and fervent sound. All the elements work together flawlessly. Jonny's guitar snarls, Chris's piano sounds like audible perfection, Guy's basslines act as fluid to move everything along and Will's drums are loud! It's a very stripped back record and feels cohesive. The talent shines through rather than synth sounds and lovely production.

It's AROBTTH everyday of the week.

I agree. VLV is a very great album but it can't compare with AROBTTH.

It was a tough race. And here are the final placements !

3rd place goes to the brilliant X&Y ! :x&y:

"You think you'll never get it right, but you know, you might !"

Losing only by the margin of one vote (5 votes vs. 4 votes for AROBTTH) in the finale and thus coming 2nd in the placement, the diverse Viva La Vida Or Death And All His Friends ! :viva:

"Just because I'm losing, doesn't mean I'm lost !"

And Ladies and Gentlemen, may I present the winner of the epic Coldplay Record Elimination Game: The masterpiece A RUSH OF BLOOD TO THE HEAD !!! :arobtth: You gave it love over, love over, lover over this !

Thanks for all those who participated ! It was fun to play this game with you, even if this type of threads is always somewhat painful when a beloved item is eliminated!

And since AHFOD still did not drop on us, stay tuned for there will be a follow-up game posted here shortly.... :)

I think we can all predict with a fair amount of certainty that AROBTTH will win.

Looks like you were right!

It was a tough race. And here are the final placements !

3rd place goes to the brilliant X&Y ! :x&y:

"You think you'll never get it right, but you know, you might !"

Losing only by the margin of one vote (5 votes vs. 4 votes for AROBTTH) in the finale and thus coming 2nd in the placement, the diverse Viva La Vida Or Death And All His Friends ! :viva:

"Just because I'm losing, doesn't mean I'm lost !"

And Ladies and Gentlemen, may I present the winner of the epic Coldplay Record Elimination Game: The masterpiece A RUSH OF BLOOD TO THE HEAD !!! :arobtth: You gave it love over, love over, lover over this !

Thanks for all those who participated ! It was fun to play this game with you, even if this type of threads is always somewhat painful when a beloved item is eliminated!

And since AHFOD still did not drop on us, stay tuned for there will be a follow-up game posted here shortly.... :)

It wasn't the biggest surprise in the world, since many consider this magnificent album to be Coldplay's best work. Congratulations to AROBTTH! :arobtth: A well-fought battle which came down to the wire with :viva: ! I really enjoyed this game. The follow up including AHFOD will be exciting too :P

Thanks everyone for a great time here! See you soon! :D

Aww, Viva lost by 1 vote!! Great game though, I enjoyed it a lot. :happy2: Hopefully in a few months after AHFOD drops wee can see how it fares against the competition!

I enjoy these games. They're something to do besides AHFOD discussion! If anyone wants to start a new game, I suggest era elimination. You would be allowed to vote based on any criteria such as live performances, quality of albums, quality of b-sides, etc.

Aww, Viva lost by 1 vote!! Great game though, I enjoyed it a lot. :happy2: Hopefully in a few months after AHFOD drops wee can see how it fares against the competition!

I enjoy these games. They're something to do besides AHFOD discussion! If anyone wants to start a new game, I suggest era elimination. You would be allowed to vote based on any criteria such as live performances, quality of albums, quality of b-sides, etc.

I like your Era idea a lot, why don't you start a game based on that ? :)