✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2015-12-05] Coldplay At Capital FM's Jingle Bell Ball

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They actually played Princess of China. Really hope they're not considering adding it to the setlist for the tour.

I dont want to seem like i'm overly protective of the band, but I think even if youre the biggest critic of this song, if you go to a show, and they play it live, you're not gonna be sitting still in your seat.

Probably not. But given that they usually play 20-22 songs per show, I'd rather have almost any other song over that one. Think it wouldn't bother me as much if Chris would just sing Rihanna's part (ala Rock im Park 2011).

They did in MX tour. I don't like the song at all but it was pretty cool with the video.

I have fond memories of this because Rihanna showed up unexpectedly and I spent a whole 20 seconds thinking I was watching the video before realising it was her on the stage LOL It was a lovely surprise moment and the crowd went wild. :) Also I loved seeing them re-enacting the video "forehead touching" on stage :)

Probably not. But given that they usually play 20-22 songs per show, I'd rather have almost any other song over that one. Think it wouldn't bother me as much if Chris would just sing Rihanna's part (ala Rock im Park 2011).

The song is just fine with Chris singing Rihanna's part... it's awkward having such a substantial prerecorded vocal part playing. I get that they think the song is "complete" with Rihanna, but I'd rather her either be there in person or not at all. Oh well, at least the band had fun with it today. I've always thought it sounds better live so I won't complain if they play it on the tour.

Amazing live performances here! I loved Princess and I absolute adore Sky full of Stars! I get simultaneously teary-eyed and exuberant every time I hear it. I just absolutely adore this song, means so much to me...so glad its prominent in their performances so far. I´ve not seen it live yet, cant wait!