✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Army of One

getithom

Army of One did not really hit the first time I heard it , but afterwards it totally became one of my favourites!

I am currently "fighting" for someone I love too, so that totally resonates with the theme of the song. Makes me love it even more :)

Me too, and by the last days it was getting hard for me (just things). Your comment made me think "hey, don't give up". Come on bro, we can!

"Never give up" like Chris says ! hehe But at the same time I always keep an open mind on "what is meant to be will be" you know? I dont like forcing things, but at the same time as long as I feel it in my heart I´ll keep going for it :)

*brofist* On we go! :)

• Like 1

"Never give up" like Chris says ! hehe But at the same time I always keep an open mind on "what is meant to be will be" you know? I dont like forcing things, but at the same time as long as I feel it in my heart I´ll keep going for it :)

*brofist* On we go! :)

Absolutely agree with what you just said! :)

• Like 1

I was joking when I called it blasphemy, although as a huge fan of the first three albums I have to say that none of the new songs are as good as the best old songs. However, for example I would listen to Birds and Fun over Swallowed In The Sea or High Speed all the time, so it depends.

I was joking when I called it blasphemy, although as a huge fan of the first three albums I have to say that none of the new songs are as good as the best old songs. However, for example I would listen to Birds and Fun over Swallowed In The Sea or High Speed all the time, so it depends.

Interesting. I must say that 'Swallowed in the Sea' is actually one of my favourite songs from X&Y. But I understand what you mean.

Interesting. I must say that 'Swallowed in the Sea' is actually one of my favourite songs from X&Y. But I understand what you mean.

I dislike "Swallowed in the Sea", it´s probably one of my least favourite Coldplay songs. It was incidentally my old ex favourite Coldplay song...I guess it makes sense we split up *lol*

I dislike "Swallowed in the Sea", it´s probably one of my least favourite Coldplay songs. It was incidentally my old ex favourite Coldplay song...I guess it makes sense we split up *lol*

Hahahaha! That's a good reason for sure.

for me 'army of one' is the new viva la vida, there's something epic in it

I have to say I disagree there...Viva La Vida had a pretty unique, great melody (that's why it became such a big hit instantly) and imho VLV is one of those rare masterpieces that will be remembered in fifty years to come...I'd say it's one of the most important songs of the 2000s.

• Like 1

Hmm, this song was underwhelming for me after enjoying the snippet, but it's not that bad I guess. Maybe one of the worse songs on the album for me but not the worst by a long shot. There aren't any Viva vibes that I had originally hoped for, but it's certainly not a bad song in my opinion. This one has potential to grow on me.

I have to say I disagree there...Viva La Vida had a pretty unique, great melody (that's why it became such a big hit instantly) and imho VLV is one of those rare masterpieces that will be remembered in fifty years to come...I'd say it's one of the most important songs of the 2000s.

well, not saying it's a hit. what made vlv big was the cool strings arrangement and maybe that's what is missing to army to be as big as viva... organ is cool, vocoder not so much

My fave from the album at the moment and it was right away. I love the looping sound, too - there's something in it that pushes my happiness button. Even more so when the organ sets in.

The concept of an army of one speaks to me as well. And I love the connection with Hurts Like Heaven (My heart is my gun / Use your heart as a weapon).

• Like 2

Love this song! One of my favorites on the album.

The problem with this track isn't Army of One, it's X Marks The Spot, which I just can't like. I skip when it comes on and I feel I may always will. I used to do that with Magic but it grew on me and now I play it. Now I'm skipping this track once X Marks The Spot comes on.